Late 90's Gaming Ideas -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
If you ignore the race of the main character and the Macguffin being a crack pipe instead of a sword, it sounds a little like GTA: Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS to be honest.

sasazuka

kiwifarms.net
Any 1999 or early 2000 Usenet posts about how the Playstation 2 was already doomed to fail because the Sega Dreamcast beat it to the punch? (Not that I still don't love the Dreamcast, the two years, or three if we're talking about Japan, where it burned brightly before fizzling out were peak console gaming as far as I am concerned.)

sasazuka

kiwifarms.net
God, I almost forgot about those posts. What a time was to live
Even after the Playstation 2 was already out, I still thought the Dreamcast could hold its own as the early Playstation 2 games didn't look significantly better than Dreamcast games, not taking into account how much of a gamechanger it was putting games on DVD instead of the Dreamcast's proprietary GD-Rom format.

The first PS2 game to impress me all that much as being something the Dreamcast probably couldn't handle (due to the size and detail of the map) was The Getaway, which wasn't released until December 2002, several months after Sega had already conceded defeat.

Last edited:

Ligoskj

kiwifarms.net
The first PS2 game to impress me all that much as being something the Dreamcast probably couldn't handle (due to the size and detail of the map) was The Getaway, which wasn't released until December 2002, several months after Sega had already conceded defeat.
I remember playing the Ico game (2001) for the PS2 in 2002 and it was a blast back then! I think I should re-play it someday, as well as some other good PS2 games (Jak and Daxter trilogy anyone?)

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Even after the Playstation 2 was already out, I still thought the Dreamcast could hold its own as the early Playstation 2 games didn't look significantly better than Dreamcast games, not taking into account how much of a gamechanger it was putting games on DVD instead of the Dreamcast's proprietary GD-Rom format.

You must not have been paying very close attention because Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 we’re clearly a cut above what the Dreamcast could do and those were fall of 2001.

sasazuka

kiwifarms.net
You must not have been paying very close attention because Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 we’re clearly a cut above what the Dreamcast could do and those were fall of 2001.
I don't think I saw Silent Hill 2 in motion until my brother brought his PS2 to our house in 2003. I didn't get my own PS2 until Christmas 2005. I remember being impressed by the flashlight shadow effects but I was more interested in The Getaway which he also brought over.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
best looking dreamcast game is Hydro Thunder.

Those water effects need to be brought over, people aim for realism but those people are faggots. True video game water should look like wavy clear blue jello, it is the most aesthetic choice.

Reactions: Bass and sasazuka

The 8 of Spades

Don't Fail To Ask Me What ꋖꁝꊿꈜꑀ ꒦ꊿ꒐ꏳꑀꈜ Are Saying.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>Pretending that the best thing about the Dreamcast was the games and not the devkit leak.

Come on now.

• Feels
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole
Tags
None