Let's quit smoking! - (screaming internally)

nigger of the north

kiwifarms.net
Cigarettes in Britbongland are expensive as fuck. That said, I'm still buying them.

I gave up for years starting 2015 or so, and slowly got sucked back in due to the job I was working. I'll now 'quit' for a week or so at a time, buy another pack, smoke them, then repeat.

I justify it well enough by working out regularly and looking good, but we all know that's bollocks. Smoking is enjoyable as fuck, and I fucking hate that it is. Vaping too, I'm blasting mine from dawn till dusk, taking smoke breaks in between.

I said I'd quit before upping sticks to Asia later this year... but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

Biscuit

jookie car
kiwifarms.net
1 month 2 days smokefree now after 6 years of about 5~15 smokes a day
In the first week I felt like I wanted to tear out my eyeballs.

Did use NRT btw, but only like 14mg patches for about 4 days, then skipped on to 7mg patches for a week and a half, and one day I forgot to stick on a new one so I was like fuck it, had another bout of wanting to tear out my eyes because I felt so shit, but now I'm feeling fine.

However, I fucking loved smoking, and I mostly miss the habit. Not so much all the drawbacks though.

I keep telling myself maybe one day I can go back to being a situational smoker, like on an evening out or something. But I also know that'd be a bad idea.
We'll see.

TFT-A9

I identify as a 55-ton quadmech, shitlord
kiwifarms.net
After trying cold-turkey and turning into a raging asshole within like 48 hours I'm taking a "taper off and look at patches/gums/etc." approach.

Fucking CRAZY how upset your brain gets when it's not getting a nic hit.

Biscuit

jookie car
kiwifarms.net
After trying cold-turkey and turning into a raging asshole within like 48 hours I'm taking a "taper off and look at patches/gums/etc." approach.

Oh same hat. It's why I didn't try to quit cold turkey this time. It had me absolutely disheveled.

Autumnal Equinox

Bacon! Ham hocks! Spare ribs!
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been wanting to quit, but I’ve resigned myself to the fact I enjoy it too much to quit. Although with the new tax hike on cigs here (previously cheap cigarettes are like $8 a pack now, with Marbs and American Spirits about $10 to $12 a pack now) so that might be the incentive to either cut back or quit entirely.

TFT-A9

I identify as a 55-ton quadmech, shitlord
kiwifarms.net
There's one thing in particular I like about AmSpirit - they don't smoke down so fast that you're blazing through a cig in ~5 minutes. This means I can wean down on actual nicotine intake by smoking half and coming back to it later. Then it's just getting the habit out of your system.

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net

There's one thing in particular I like about AmSpirit - they don't smoke down so fast that you're blazing through a cig in ~5 minutes. This means I can wean down on actual nicotine intake by smoking half and coming back to it later. Then it's just getting the habit out of your system.
Same boat, always smoked Spirits. Went through a pack a day. Honestly, if you can quit cold turkey, it’s better. I dropped it cold turkey for 3 weeks last fall, the hardest part after the week of edginess and exhaustion was finding a healthier habit to replace it. Never found it, relapsed.

Get a vape, find some juice that tastes good enough to enjoy a little, but not enough you want to keep vaping. Slowly replace your smoking with the vape, then you’ll slowly fade out on the vape too.

Fliddaroonie

I'm a spooky ghost! Whooooo!!! Ectoplasm!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I got a NRT replacement cig. No vapor or flavouring, like 15mg nicotine cartridges that do me for a day or so. My plan is to not replace a cartridge when it runs out.

Also it's weird. Knocks the craving but I dont get a buzz and the nicotine is helping with the stomach issues going cold turkey gave me.

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad menthols are illegal now where I live because those used to be my go tos, and that's one step more keeping me off this sit for good. I quit 6 1/2 years ago and menthols became illegal the year after or so.

The-Mad-Asshatter

kiwifarms.net
If people vape, be very careful with the cartridges or tablets. Besides any flavoring or scents, they contain enough pure nicotine to kill a child or pet if ingested.

The More You Know🌠

Last edited:

The Crawling Chaos

I will tell the audient void
kiwifarms.net
This weekend I plan to lock myself inside the house for two-three days in order to shake off the nicotine, I quitted before cold turkey, I know what to do. Right now I'm mad at myself, because I picked up again this fucking habit during the lockdown.

In order to keep myself busy during the solitary confinement, I've taken apart one of my computers and ordered some "mods" for it so I can rebuild it with style, installed Bloodborne on my PS and stocked up on all the mint tea. Oh, also I plan on watching as many MST3k episodes as I can.

Last edited:

Street Meat

i'm still, i'm still meaty from the block
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I finally quit cigarettes after over 10 years in September. I switched to a nic salt vape, just a cheap thing I bought online. So far, it's been amazing.
I bummed a smoke off a friend about 3 weeks ago and I hated the taste and smell.

Good luck, OP. :)

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
I quit smoking cigarettes about 5 or 6 years ago. ( I smoke one cigar a day, but when I smoked cigarettes it was more like one a month.)

The gum worked for me very well. I chewed that until I got sick of it and then slowly replaced it with regular gum, which I also got sick of.

Surprisingly, my doctor doesn't care about the cigars. When I told him I smoked cigars he asked "how many do you smoke a day?" when I said "one" he just shrugged and told me that according to the FDAs aggregate data you have to be in the 3+ a day range before your risk becomes statistically higher than a nonsmoker. Unless you inhale them of course, in which case you're an idiot and you're just going to fucking die.

Quitting cigarettes was hard but I don't really even think about it now. I do worry about the consequences later on down the road (you don't get off the hook entirely just because you quit.) but I didn't take up cigarettes until I was 21, and I quit before I was 40, which are both in my favor apparently.

I don't have much advice beyond saying that the gum totally worked for me, but I know some people don't have any luck with it. Just do whatever you can to quit. It's not easy but it's possible even if you're really addicted like I was.

Last edited:

Punished “Venom” pH

Trash gremlin, got sentience as a cosmic joke :U
kiwifarms.net
I started nicotine vaping and then Juuling for fun in 2018/2019, and got hooked and had to kick it cold Turkey twice. That’s the only way I’ve ever been able to kick any habit, because if you leave yourself an inch the addict living in your brain’s attic takes a mile.