Linus Tech Tips calls feminine hygiene pads a "tampon" salt -

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeAloneTwo

I got to say the nay-no, my brother.
kiwifarms.net
These maroons sure do love to bitch and moan about shit that doesn't fucking matter. It's just so cute how they went to complain about a simple slip of the tongue to complaining about classic Looney Tunes cartoons being racist.
The same people that still read Dr Suess to their kids and don't know how absurdly racist some of his illustrations were. Especially WWII propaganda.

I'm more salty about the fact Linus doesn't know shit about tech than the fact he might have made some perpetually offended person online mad. Remember that time he tried to build a router only to short out several motherboards in the process?

Oh god, he's manhandling that board in the thumbnail.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm more salty about the fact Linus doesn't know shit about tech than the fact he might have made some perpetually offended person online mad. Remember that time he tried to build a router only to short out several motherboards in the process?
Linus's background is mostly in sales management (back when he was with NCIX), he is not the person to ask about making routers, servers..etc. (You should be checking Wendell @ Level1Techs for stuff like that, that's a very good channel with a decent podcast as well), but he is the person to ask about how consumers will react to a specific launch, or what possible sales trends will emerge in the CPU/GPU market for example.

To Linus's credit, he does retain some humor about his tech failings, and is ok with taking cracks about them.

DumbDosh

space worm drugs are pretty cool
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To Linus's credit, he does retain some humor about his tech failings, and is ok with taking cracks about them.

I think the majority of people watching Linus are just watching for his personality anyways. There's a good joke in his community that any time Linus is handed a new piece of tech to show off at a trade show or whatever he drops it and will probably break it.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the majority of people watching Linus are just watching for his personality anyways. There's a good joke in his community that any time Linus is handed a new piece of tech to show off at a trade show or whatever he drops it and will probably break it.
I like Linus a lot, because I genuinely like to watch great pitchmen go at it with gusto.

However, whenever I want to actually learn something new or go in depth with things, I go to people like Wendell (Link) or Steve from Gamers Nexus (Link), though the latter is far more focused on PC gaming stuff.

It helps that Level1Techs's podcast is genuinely good with people who actually know tech and stay away from SJW stuff.

m0rnutz

Not a furry
kiwifarms.net
By the way his wife (Yvonne Ho) is Asian, apparently. I thought he was gay.
I thought this was a racial joke about promiscuous asians at first.

DScPox6VQAA9LWB.jpg:large

You were serious.

Dysnomia

Dango whore
kiwifarms.net
I don't see the big deal. Those pads actually confused me at first too because they come in a cardboard box. Pads are usually in plastic packaging and tampons are usually in boxes. It's become trendy to put the high end pads in boxes now for some reason.

However, after he opens them he's still calling them tampons. But he's not a woman, doesn't get a period and probably doesn't know the difference. Most guys shy away from all that period stuff. What a stupid non-issue.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is stupid.
It well and truly is. Getting angry because a guy didn't call something by its right name is laughable in of itself. These people do not realize that some people will just call feminine hygiene pads tampons and even then the terms are interchangeable.

I remember his video where he talked about GPU and prices and then proceeded to trash a low end AMD card. Left some people in being passive aggressive despite the fact he said it was one particular model that sucked.

Lol, I love girls whose first insult towards you is "you never had a girlfriend"

Like, yeah, just because I dont submit to your idea of how things should be, doesnt mean that all women are stuck up cunts like you.
Best part was the burn reply from Linus. The fact his wife even appears in some videos does well in making the insult fall even harder and flatter.

I don't see the big deal. Those pads actually confused me at first too because they come in a cardboard box. Pads are usually in plastic packaging and tampons are usually in boxes. It's become trendy to put the high end pads in boxes now for some reason.

However, after he opens them he's still calling them tampons. But he's not a woman, doesn't get a period and probably doesn't know the difference. Most guys shy away from all that period stuff. What a stupid non-issue.
The fact he doesn't have to deal with feminine hygiene due to being a guy, of course he (or even most guys) won't really know the differnece between "tampon" and feminine hygiene. All this really is just some people going on Twitter and screeching on how a tech youtuber didn't use the right name.

Buer

The God of Tits and Wine
kiwifarms.net
Lol, I love girls whose first insult towards you is "you never had a girlfriend"

Like, yeah, just because I dont submit to your idea of how things should be, doesnt mean that all women are stuck up cunts like you.

It's either that or they call you a "virgin." It's like what does it matter if I call them pads or tampons? Doesn't make a difference at all.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

What do tampons and the people bitching about this guy have in common?

They're both stuck up cunts.

Still, I'm disappointed this wasn't about Linus Torvalds. I feel cheated.

SpicyNigerian

professional hellspawn
kiwifarms.net
This shit is pettier than 5 year olds fighting over playground equipment. It's a tampon. It's made for women. Why argue?

usernames can change now!

2021 lol
kiwifarms.net
Didn't Linus shill the Hyperloop scam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhpkpQqitSQ
:offtopic: Hyperloop has gotten a lot more interesting and feasible since Musk started working with his Boring Company. Surface level tubes, which were always a dumb idea, seem to be off the table in favour of evacuated tunnels. They're supposedly going to share vehicles between Loop and Hyperloop, "Loop" being an intra-city subway ridesharing...thing. :offtopic:

Status
Not open for further replies.