Low Quality Posts -

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Low quality posts will be moved here from now on. It's hard for casual fans of the DSP television drama to keep up with the filler episodes because of the exponential growth of the general discussion thread.

muina

kiwifarms.net
I think yesterday's prestream was GOLD. Phil took the bait and talked about some of his worst stuff, the masturbation 'accident' and the racism. I think he damned himself more than ever. In fact I found his explanation of the racism so damning that I felt the need to transcribe it. I know it's already been Mrhuth'd (and will surely be Snorted), but you need to see it written down too.

Since it's like 9 long paragraphs, I will of course put it behind a spoiler. Phil's racism explanation:

DSP:
You might say, "Oh, what about when you were doing those racist jokes?" Yeah of course in 2010, so eight years ago, when I was doing a different kind of gameplay style and a different kind of comedy that was much more risque. It was a different era. Back then that comedy was funny. People actually found it funny and interesting and didn't take offense.

Would I do that today? Of course I wouldn't. Today is totally different - people are much more sensitive. I don't want to say that's a negative thing. I'm just saying that today's audience is much different. Ask any major comedian - ask Jerry Seinfeld, ask Chirs Rock, they've all said things about this - that modern audiences are much more sensitive and touchy, and back in the day anything could be joked about and it was fine. Now the things people used to joke about have suddenly become taboo, because of cultural norms and things kind of changing.

Yeah, today I look back on the jokes I made in 2010 and cringe and say, "Yeah for today's audiences that's not good," but back then it was fine and people liked it. My popularity on Youtube was based on me making these off-the-cuff reactionary comments and jokes that people did not find offensive, back then, at all. They didn't. They thought they were funny. That's how I got my popularity on Youtube.

It wasn't until years later that people decided to twist everything and say, "Oh, Phil's a racist." But wait a minute - when I did those jokes back then, no-one was offended. It wasn't until 3, 4, 5 years later people looked back on that and thought, "See how offensive Phil was?" But it wasn't offensive when I did it! Cultural norms changed, know what I mean?

It's actually very funny because the other day Kat and I were just relaxing a little bit and we were watching some Looney Tunes... and we're watching these old Looney Tunes cartoons from like the mid 19th Cent- uh, or is it the 20th Century? Whatever the 1900s were, I always forget. Uh, but the mid-1900s, these Looney Tunes cartoons, and some of them have blatantly racist things in them! All they are is racial stereotypes that, back then, were not seen as offensive! But now they are, because "Oh my god, how dare..."

Two years ago I was watching this movie called Holiday Inn, okaay. This is a very popular movie in the United States, starring a lot of the big movie stars of the time. It was a musical. And there's a whole number, okay, where all white people dress up in blackface! And do a whole number in blackface! Back then, that was okay! Today we're massively offended, but back then that was okay. Times change.

I'm actually one of the people who's been on Youtube for so long - ten years - that I first-hand saw three different generations of people pass through... three different generations that are different kinds of culture. And again, when I started, that racial kind of humor was seen as funny! But anyway, that's the deal, is that times change, know what I mean?

(A tipper addresses a specific incident, presumably the Dead Space 2 Nazi bit) "When Fred Norris on the Howard Stern show would do it, he's a genius on the show, it isn't funny when someone else does it." Well I kind of agree with you now, but the thing is, again, back then in the day when I did it, people really weren't offended. They really weren't! They thought it was funny, they understood the joke. They knew I wasn't being serious.

As I said, back in the day, eight-plus years ago, I was an equal opportunity jokester; an equal opportunity offender. I would make fun of all different races, creeds and nationalities, depending on what was going on in the videogame. All of a sudden today, eight years later, of course it's offensive now to do that shit, know what I mean?

So here is my response.

1. Phil, you didn't make fun of "all different races, creeds and nationalities". First of all, I'm pretty sure you never made fun of white videogame characters for being white. But you also had the sense to mostly stay away from black jokes (besides a few examples). No Phil, you mostly made fun of Asian people. Chinese videogame characters were guaranteed to get it; presumably because you knew there would be less consequence.

2. People were offended, you just ignored it. Even on the raw Youtube of 2010 you got plenty of comments from people who found your humour distasteful. But you chose to regard them as trolls and haters who "weren't really offended, just causing trouble."

3. Racism didn't used to be acceptable... it used to go unpunished. There's a difference. Just because Youtube didn't punish you for "chicky chang wang" doesn't mean it was okay.

4. Then Blip.tv did punish you for the anti-Jew rampage. Did you humbly accept that you'd been anti-semitic and offensive? No. You blamed a troll for reporting you to "destroy your business" when "nobody was offended".

5. Let's look at your inappropriate comparison: Cartoons and musicals from the 1940s. First, it's meaningless to compare entertainment from the 1940s to your shit in 2010. You weren't making your material in the pre-Civil Rights era. In 1940s America it was "not seen as offensive" to make fun of black stereotypes because... well... blacks had no power to stop it. They were still getting lynched and hanged from trees. However, you were working with a full set of 21st Century norms and values. It's just that your broadcast platform was unusually raw and ungoverned, and your audience of mostly white male children were as mentally unsophisticated as you.

6. Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock don't agree with you about anything.

7. Sure, I think today there's an aggressive 'political correctness' movement; but don't use that as an excuse to believe nobody was hurt in the past. Phil... think about whether any Asian-American kids got beat up in middle-school in 2010... and think about whether the bully who beat them up was a DSP fan.
Came in to say this post is autisic

wohzi

kiwifarms.net
Another day, another 10+ pages of nothingness to be read on the uneventful life of the King of Gout.
I don't know how you guys do it anymore, at this point, I'm only looking at snort's video titles just to know nothing happened other than the same old mindless rants about detractors and the usual begging sessions.
DSP's and his Kat got me bored to death, it feels like the cow's finally ran dry and there's no milk to be had anymore.

Last edited:

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
You know it's a strong year for DSP when we've gotten so much content out of him that a week where nothing happens feels slow. Especially when we've had more worst 10 moments contenders than a full year already.

DSP is a marathon, not a sprint, you need to be patient while he lays the ground work for his next autistic fuckup.

Um Oh Ah Yeah

Giving a shit doesn't really go with my outfit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know it's a strong year for DSP when we've gotten so much content out of him that a week where nothing happens feels slow. Especially when we've had more worst 10 moments contenders than a full year already.

DSP is a marathon, not a sprint, you need to be patient while he lays the ground work for his next autistic fuckup.
This was one of the biggest problems with the SoK (I mean, besides the whole vortex of autism and doxing stuff). They were so desperate for enough content to do a weekly show that they tried to manufacture it instead of letting it happen naturally. And, as always, the stuff that happened because people were meddling was never as funny as the stuff Phil does on his own.

andr0id psycho sho(ker

I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!
kiwifarms.net
Watching this thread to see what this site's most consistent and stable cow will cook up next. May Phil be as salty as ever

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
Thanks @actually @SoapQueen1 and @EddyB43 you are absolute treasures, I am going to use these figures in my latest podcast in an attempt to shed some light. It is utterly disgusting how this fucker gets 8k plus a month and cries bankruptcy utterly fucking disgusting actually makes me somewhat sick and I can understand why Snort and Tevin even Fred utterly dispise him.

He does no effort and no benefit to society whilst Doctors, nurses and teaches and serviceman work their ass off to find their place in the world and this lazy fuck face complains about living etc. I am not even jealous just utterly disgusted apologies for the autism I had that one moment when I realise why people hate him so much.

You miss the most important part of this though. No matter how much he makes, he’s still a miserable cunt. Most of us make less than half of what he makes but I bet we are happy to get up and go to work everyday. He absolutely hates what he does and it shows.

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net
You miss the most important part of this though. No matter how much he makes, he’s still a miserable cunt. Most of us make less than half of what he makes but I bet we are happy to get up and go to work everyday. He absolutely hates what he does and it shows.
I live on almost nothing and I consider myself to be the happiest guy I know. Phil dun goofed when it came to happiness

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or perhaps it means Kat doesn't want anything to do with Phil's business (or him in general) to the point of not even holding the camera for him.

I mean, this is far more likely, but what's a little irresponsible speculation among spergs?

TyrasGuard

kiwifarms.net
Why does Phil always hype up [every game] if he's terrible at them and doesn't enjoy them?

When you are that desperate for views and bits you hype up every game in the world, even if it is Garden Simulator 2000. Don't forget to look up to the skies and open your arms as if you are about to summon Cthulu. Also, don't buy into the hype other people make about a game.

Ilscuro

Faccia Di Cazzo
kiwifarms.net

If you asked every one of us autistic people if would we swap places with Phil, i reckon 99.9% would say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.