Magic The Gathering Cosplay/Deplatforming Fallout - Magic has certainly gathered. Grab your popcorn.

who is the REAL lolcow?

• Wizards of the Coast

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • Jeremy

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • The Professor

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Wedge

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • MTG Lion

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • The Cosplayer

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Rudy

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • KillThemCrackasBabies

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • CrunkLord420

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fervent Champion

kiwifarms.net
With WotC making unambiguously clear via their recent shenanigans that they're just going to ban anyone they disapprove of (and sieze their card collection in the process for MTGO), a lot of players have started leaving MTGO entirely, since there's no reason to stick around: Anyone who cares about the game is inevitably going to lose their investment, either because WotC bans them for suspected wrongthink or if the servers get shut down when the game ceases to be profitable (and WotC has been angling towards Arena for a while now).

If the beta economy for Arena goes unchanged there will be 0 way to recoup any MtGO investment too.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
If the beta economy for Arena goes unchanged there will be 0 way to recoup any MtGO investment too.

There never really was a way to recoup MTGO investments except for set redemptions. You remove all cards from a set, and WotC mails you physical copies of that set. Oh, and it's only current sets....and it has to be 100% of the set with no foil cards.

By recouping investments, many people sell the digital cards over to a third-party reseller (Cardhoarder is one that comes to mind) for a check.

As far as MTGO community goes, it's toxic as fuck. There are typically two practice rooms, called 'Just For Fun' and 'Tournament Practice'. If your deck isn't Tier 1 in the current meta, don't bother coming in Tournament Practice. If it is, then you get bitched at in Just For Fun.
Then you have some random ass games in Just For Fun that attempt to avoid common elements like "No counterspells, No Planeswalkers".

This online shitstorm culminates in game modes that were embraced in the MTGO commnity, but not practiced officially in paper. Prince (No rares or mythics), pauper (No uncommon, rares, or mythics), and Penny Dreadful (No commons costing more than .05, no uncommon, rare, or mythics).

Fervent Champion

kiwifarms.net
There never really was a way to recoup MTGO investments except for set redemptions. You remove all cards from a set, and WotC mails you physical copies of that set. Oh, and it's only current sets....and it has to be 100% of the set with no foil cards.

By recouping investments, many people sell the digital cards over to a third-party reseller (Cardhoarder is one that comes to mind) for a check.

As far as MTGO community goes, it's toxic as fuck. There are typically two practice rooms, called 'Just For Fun' and 'Tournament Practice'. If your deck isn't Tier 1 in the current meta, don't bother coming in Tournament Practice. If it is, then you get bitched at in Just For Fun.
Then you have some random ass games in Just For Fun that attempt to avoid common elements like "No counterspells, No Planeswalkers".

This online shitstorm culminates in game modes that were embraced in the MTGO commnity, but not practiced officially in paper. Prince (No rares or mythics), pauper (No uncommon, rares, or mythics), and Penny Dreadful (No commons costing more than .05, no uncommon, rare, or mythics).

This is why I've never understood putting money in MtGO. I get the feeling that Wizards plans to just end the service.

Jaimas

AN ENEMY STAMD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Very good points, all, and contributing factors to why MTGO has been in decline for quite a while.

:thinking:

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Look man, I understand it. I really do.

But we're in a thread about a exceptional boy who is pretty sure he and his rag tag band of bros busted a pedophilia ring after a deeply planted squad of SJWs tried to conspire against him for being too edgy on Twitter, and that they're mere weeks ago from pulling off a sweeping legal victory over them.

Like you can insinuating thinking that that's crazy as shit is autistic all day man, that shit's fucking stupid, and I'm going to keep following it.
Jeez, learn to take a compliment.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
Also, Like I mentioned earlier, and like Jaimas just said, I personally like that you are being the devil's advocate in many threads and going against the prevalent zeitgeist, but for some reason, and this is limited to this thread, you come off as being extremely invested in what Jeremy does, even attempting to make a thread on him. I acknowledge that when i comes to the 'gates, we may see conspiracies when they aren't there, but I don't think that anyone was that invested in this particular 'gate, I myself can guarantee you that I don't have giant conspiracy boards, and as far as I can tell, nobody here has. Yes, some of us have opinions that were colored by previous culture wars, but no one here was particularly euphoric about things, you can check the whole thread and let me know if you find specific examples.

As far as "trying to make him a lolcow thread!", I didn't even know if had already been posted, much less anyone had been openly thought his plan was a good one. You're correct though, my first thought upon watching his plan unfold wasn't to think he was the kickstart of a grand war against the SJWs. It was "Haha holy shit, this dipshit thinks he's gonna raise his own personal GamerGate". My first impression of him was in fact one of a clown to be ridiculed.

I literally started off saying "That article he wrote is stupid, and he's a dipshit", and then everyone started crying 'AUTISM YOU MAD?!'. Which isn't a problem, but the fact remains I've more or less just repeated "So you guys are serious with this shit, huh?" over and over again as the boys war dragged on longer and got dumber, and suddenly that's become "You don't even want us discussing this!". After a while I just started making fun of how absurd it's gotten since then (epic lolsuits inbound!), but I do not subscribe to your worldview of an infuriated crackababy killer demanding people not support Hambly. That was never the case.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
AUTISM YOU MAD?!

Incredibly. Jeremy "Mad Dog" Hambly is ruin my SJW card game with his repeated brilliant attacks on the SJW agenda I want implimented, and not only has he exposed all the child molesters we worked so hard to get in there, but now he and his gang of misfits intend to bankrupt the company?!

We should have listened. He promised the rage of twenty thousand gamers, and we just didn't listen.

Jaimas

AN ENEMY STAMD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Incredibly. Jeremy "Mad Dog" Hambly is ruin my SJW card game with his repeated brilliant attacks on the SJW agenda I want implimented, and not only has he exposed all the child molesters we worked so hard to get in there, but now he and his gang of misfits intend to bankrupt the company

We should have listened. He promised the rage of twenty thousand gamers, and we just didn't listen.

To be fair, I don't think any of us expected that said rage would come from one guy.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, I don't think any of us expected that said rage would come from one guy.

To be even fairer, I think had I been allowed to make the thread in lolcows like I wanted, it probably would have been a more even split. I noticed I don't see a lot of the same people between the two boards, and had the conversation been allowed to happen in a place where mods don't yank posts for being "off topic" it likely wouldn't have all come from "just one person".

That's just me and my autism comes, when the big lawsuit comes and runs the company out of business I fully expect to be eating crow.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be even fairer, I think had I been allowed to make the thread in lolcows like I wanted, it probably would have been a more even split. I noticed I don't see a lot of the same people between the two boards, and had the conversation been allowed to happen in a place where mods don't yank posts for being "off topic" it likely wouldn't have all come from "just one person".

That's just me and my autism comes, when the big lawsuit comes and runs the company out of business I fully expect to be eating crow.
If you feel you have content, I suggest making a TTS thread to request reopening the thread, you may have to make a case that he is a lolcow though.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
If you feel you have content, I suggest making a TTS thread to request reopening the thread, you may have to make a case that he is a lolcow though.

I'm not really that interested in making an "official case" for it at this point, if you look at "Fat neckbeard tries to raise a personal army and supposedly uncovers a pedophilia ring with the help of a world famous investigative journalist who took up the case pro bono as the company panics and in doing so exposes themselves to precedent setting lawsuits" and you genuinely don't understand why someone could look at that and think "cow", a formal application ain't gonna cut it.

I think I'm just gonna keep making fun of him in this thread as half a dozen people (who swear up and down they totally don't think he's got a legit case to make) just squeal "Yeah well maybe YOU are the one who is mad and is a lolcow!" over and over again. Maybe by the time that big lolsuit of his gets its day in court I'll be swayed, but lets stick with how things are now.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
And by hot shit I mean a steaming, fresh pile of diarrhea

Let's reprint these cards that aren't really used in any sort of viable decklist (Except Jace...hes aight) and see the neckbeards spergs out - WotC Logic.

At least they're not reprinting Tarmagoyf.

Fervent Champion

kiwifarms.net
Let's reprint these cards that aren't really used in any sort of viable decklist (Except Jace...hes aight) and see the neckbeards spergs out - WotC Logic.

At least they're not reprinting Tarmagoyf.

Basically, granted I feel Tarmogoyf could be reprinted every year and most wouldn't complain. Since I have the draft covered in store credit I'll see if Masters 25 drafts well.

On the subject of M25 I'm kind of amazing there hasn't been more bitching reprints tanking card prices.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jeremy is literally a hero and saving the kids wow what a great guy.

Jaimas

AN ENEMY STAMD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I think I just figured out the issue with the whole Jeremy thing.

On one hand, there's what I mentioned earlier (with Jeremy basically running a one-man Autism war against WotC), but on the other, I don't think Jeremy would have anywhere near the amount of presence he currently has if WotC's orbiting communities weren't fucking insane, and ergo, hell-bent on giving him opportunity after opportunity on a silver platter. For a good example of this in action, check out the following:

Magic as a whole is now fighting the meme that it's got a trenchant minority group with no real interest in the hobby beyond using it to wedge identity politics into it right now, and has been in economic problems even before that, so naturally Card Kingdom, a Magic orbiter community, decided that the proper response was to create a cringe-worthy promotion that frankly makes Jeremy the Bearded Sperg look subdued in contrast, which promotes a group that actively wants to push additional subdivision into the community.

The video disallows both ratings and comments, because of course it does.

So Card Kingdom is running a this fundraiser for the Cybersmile Foundation. If you're not familiar, the entire thing is a group of insane people associated with Feminist Frequency's corporate parent, and likewise a member of Twitter's approved cyber-security council (the one CON is still on). So right out the gate, this group is in bed with the same minds that started the Autism Holy War.

Because that's a good sign.

The Cybersmile Foundation claims to want to end cyberbullying, but the truth is that they're a branch of the same extremist third-wave Feminism that Anita Sarkeesian and company belong to. If you don't believe me, check out this insane argument that men are somehow keeping women out of mobile gaming, a market they currently dominate, all of which has centered on more inclusion and diversity via Google. If you're wondering what that sound is, it's because any Kiwi who's familiar with this thread just had their sides fall off when reading the preceding sentence.

The site also boasts a forum that almost justifies a Community Watch thread by its lonesome.

I wonder how this would have gone down if, at the start of this whole thing, WotC just owned up to their wrongdoing and fired those involved, rather than try to shut down the bearded idiot and kept him fed. They're sure as shit not stopping now.

Status
Not open for further replies.