Ya know fellas on second thought I have to admit I was wrong, I have no idea what compelled me to think all you Magicgaters were fags and dipshits but for some reason this biting piece of journalism swayed me...
Roguedeckbuilder has possibly discovered the Professor alternate account. self.freemagic
Submitted 2 hours ago * by Pithing_Needle
I think he's talking about a Reddit account that has all the traits of The Professor, but claims not to be The Professor:http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22https%3a%2f%2fwww.reddit.com%2fuser%2fTooSly4U%22&d=4725492274304126&mkt=en-CA&setlang=en-GB&w=w4fmjsN3g4Nk57ZtxMNFeIXvvE2nNZpp
It's important to note that:
1) This account is posting entirely pro-The Professor submissions and comments.
2) This account posts shoutouts/callouts and promotions for Card Kingdom, The Professors sponsor. Says things like " I hope Card Kingdom is making money, because they sure as hell deserve it, doing all this stuff."
3) This account is active in Pauper discussions and subreddits, which is what The Professor says is his favorite format.
4) The account says things that assume he knows The Professors thoughts/emotions on certain subjects ("He was pissed about the $10 packs) without it normally being discernible.
5) The account posted Christine Sprankles initial announcement on quitting, something The Professor was very on top of himself.
6) The account is extremely anti-Jeremy/anti-Unsleeved Media, just like The Professor is.
7) The account often uses proper formal spelling and grammar and uses CAPITAL LETTERS for emphasis instead of bolding or quoting, like The Professor does.
Makes a mention that " He doxxed The Professor on Christmas Eve with the message "Merry Christmas." ". Who besides The Professor knew that at that time?
Even with all this I would reckon there's enough users on Reddit that there's probably people that have similar tastes to The Professor and we could have found a doppleganger, but if it was deleted because of an accusation that it was another one of The Professors accounts, then it raises the question as to why it went undisputed and instead there was an attempt to hide it.
/u/roguedeckbuilder You have more information on this? The possible implications on this are gigantic. The backdoor marketing shilling of his own channel as well as Card Kingdom. Starting the Sprankle drama in the main sub. If it's him was the video towards Jeremy on the Sprankle drama made well in advance and not as a response to the news out of the goodness of his heart? Did the main subs mods know whether or not that was his account, and if they did were they partially responsible for the manufactured outrage? There's just so many questions.
The Professor is accused of sockpuppet shilling on Reddit, the fucking scumbag: https://www.reddit.com/r/freemagic/comments/831sve/roguedeckbuilder_has_possibly_discovered_the/ (https://archive.fo/EnAwS)
View attachment 398787
Jeremy dunking on the prof like a big baller, shot caller.
Yeah, whining about violence and terrorism while adding that Pinochet-style "free helicopter rides" coupon makes him look like a hypocrite.
I just have a really hard time getting angry over this. If they outright went and said, "Its for nonbinary players!!1!" then I would be calling them out on their autism, but saying "they" is a lot less of a mouthful than "his or her"I'm okay with this, it doesn't read weird when card rules say "they". When writing technical stuff it's often "the user", so they could have gone with "the player" instead.
so what's wrong with the game in his opinion other than the cards seem a bit bendy or something
I cracked a Kaladesh pack the other day and the mythic was curling straight out of the packRudy's issues are fourfold:
1. The new cards use shittier cardboard.
The cardstock WotC has been using has been extremely poor the last few years - in their drive to cut costs the cards they're making now are of legitimately lesser quality and have a much higher propensity for bending, even when shipped in display covers. This used to happen a lot with old cards, especially old foils, but it was a process that took a long time and was generally more reversible because the cards were better. Now they're way more prone to this happening and this makes the cards worth a lot less to collectors.
2. The new sets aren't particularly interesting and WotC has been rotating them in and out in desperation.
WotC has made fucking atrocious sets the last few years and rotated them in and out of print so quickly that even people who want to legitimately collect them are hard-pressed to give a damn. Sweeping fuck-ups with shit like Hour of Devastation are the norm, with WotC running the set for less than a year before pulling the set from print.
3. WotC now relies more on market research than actually contacting stores or its own playerbase.
WotC has essentially stopped giving a damn about the physical storefront of their franchise, instead locking into "we should do this because of market research" crap that is mostly responsible for gradually tanking the franchise. People haven't been showing up to Friday Night Magic events and less people are popping up for promotions and tournaments because the sets just haven't been interesting enough and card quality's been on the decline. They're listening to overbloated marketing departments, not the actual customer-base, which is a surefire way to guarantee you're not going to recover anytime soon.
4. Rather than address issues 1-3, WotC is now obsessed with identity politics/skirmishing with assholes like Jeremy.
As the argument was made by many in this thread, if WotC cared about its business, they could have easily locked shit down like that just by owning up to the mistake, but they didn't, and they chose to double down. With so much focus on inclusion, feminism, and identity politics and constant virtue-signaling they're further alienating core audience members - I.E. the ones that actually buy their shit. They don't care about making money anymore despite the obvious solution (improve the cards, throw your fucking audience a bone) being right in front of them.
If all this looks familiar, it fucking should, because this is pretty much analogous to what happened in Marvel Comics the last few years.
I cracked a Kaladesh pack the other day and the mythic was curling straight out of the pack