Makeup! Clothes! "Girly stuff" thread -

Pizza Steve

Thick and cheesy
kiwifarms.net
Yeah that's the thing I knew about the Shein connection but heard sketchy stories about Shein lol. I want to get some bodysuits from this fashion nova sale. I guess on such a deep discount, fuck it, I'll just do it and even if they suck no huge loss. There are a few graphic tees I liked too.

I know these aren't the trendiest brands but I saw the promos in my inbox so why not:
narscosmetics.com code NARSVIP 20% off (exclusions apply)
lorac.com code SURPRISE40 40%off (entire site)

e: okay I'm the most basic you'll ever meet and I'm buying basic bodysuits but I'm also going waaaaay out of my comfort zone on this one, only $10 in the sale and I'm excited :cryblood:
View attachment 1398176
I’ve been looking for some hot looking body suits, please let us know how they go/fit etc

Reactions: Hellion

deputydogshit

FU, FU, FU, you’re cool, FU, I’m out!
kiwifarms.net
Hope I’m not super late with this (only just discovered this thread). Anyone nail snob fags here? What’s everyone’s favorite polish brands, colors, dupes, etc? My favorite snobbyass brand is Live Love Polish, my favorite mainstream is China Glaze.

Reactions: StarkRavingMad

felix el gato

u've activated my twap cawd :3c
kiwifarms.net
Hope I’m not super late with this (only just discovered this thread). Anyone nail snob fags here? What’s everyone’s favorite polish brands, colors, dupes, etc? My favorite snobbyass brand is Live Love Polish, my favorite mainstream is China Glaze.
I fuck with essies basic ass tbh everyone says they’re trash but the colors are pretty and plenty and work well for me. Dropped $30 on a Chanel polish and it wasn’t anything special so now i’m iffy about the more expensive brands.

ETA: went shopping earlier in the week and bought the cutest summer dress but also mom jeans are back which was a nice surprise!

deputydogshit

FU, FU, FU, you’re cool, FU, I’m out!
kiwifarms.net
I fuck with essies basic ass tbh everyone says they’re trash but the colors are pretty and plenty and work well for me. Dropped $30 on a Chanel polish and it wasn’t anything special so now i’m iffy about the more expensive brands.

ETA: went shopping earlier in the week and bought the cutest summer dress but also mom jeans are back which was a nice surprise!
Ahhhh Essie... I love their colors, but I hate their formulas.

• Agree
Reactions: lightswitchdoll

capsaicin

El Viaje Misterioso de Troons
kiwifarms.net
I used to own bottles from just about every brand under the sun. Now, I have a hundred bottles of Zoya and nothing else.

Peetz's Bank Account

I hear the jury's still out on science.
kiwifarms.net
I like Orly and OPI for nail polish. Usually they have a very reliable consistency, go on evenly and you don't need too many coats. Also, they are like $4.99 at TJMaxx and Marshall's. Never had a problem buying makeup or polish from markdown department stores, but it's always a good idea to open the product before you buy it to check the shade, whether it's hardpan, or if it's melted. Also a good idea to check expiration dates if possible. J* did a video on TJMaxx makeup and wasn't impressed but I honestly don't think it's too bad and most of the stores carry makeup that is current and available at Sephora. I got a Too Faced Papaya Pop blush from Marshall's last week for $8 but it's $30-$40 on QVC and the Too Faced website.

Junk Food

🍮🍩🍬🍪🍭🍫🍰
kiwifarms.net
OK, I'm starting to change my mind on leggings. When I actually wear them for working out, they piss me off. One of my thighs was rubbed raw by the rough seam on a cheap pair, but I just don't trust women's activewear brands these days and don't know who to buy from. Not after seeing Fabletics and Lululemon be such shit. And Nike leggings are like seventy-five dollars a pair. Fuck leggings.

In other (less hostile) news, I decided to try out Zeesea Cosmetics. They're a Chinese brand, so God only knows what's in it, but they had some palettes produced in collaboration with the British Museum and I'm a slut for anything ancient Egypt-themed. And the reviews weren't awful. I ordered their "Mysterious Egypt" eyeshadow palette in Cherry Wine. If it's junk, I can crumble the cakes up and use them for art projects, but I'm hoping I can actually wear it. Anyone have any experience with Zeesea?
i have a zeesea cleopatra eyeshadow, the shimmers in it are so pretty, quite pigmented but, the mattes are a bit powdery. i also purchased their lipstick which is also in collaboration with the british museum and i love it too, i also have their bb cushion and highlighter! the cushion is pretty good, i dont need much coverage so it works good for what i need, and the highlighter not so much of a glow. overall i like their products, im excited for their alice in wonderland eyeshadows!

Salade Nicoise

A healthy French lunch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All right gyals, HALP. So with all the covid fuckery I've been missing out on my laser treatments on my face - for rosacea and just a general 'make prettier' factor.

I know it's not the same treatment/method/delivery/system... but was wondering if any of you have had any experience/success with UV light masks? Not the crappy $60 ones that flood the feeds (though if they've worked please let me know!). I'm looking at the Dr. Dennis Gross one.

Anyone had any luck? Or is it voodoo nonsense?

NB: I'm on a strict system product-wise from my derm, so adding in some BHA/AHAs or resveratrol or whatever product isn't really an option for me. But non-peel therapies are fine.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I splurged a bit today and got these two things off of Etsy:
View attachment 1393723View attachment 1393724
I really want to wear the skirt and the cape together for a fancy date or party.
The skirt and cape came in the mail. The material is so soft and light. The lining of the skirt is nice and the elastic wait band isn’t too tight. I’m excited to sometime wear this in public. I enjoyed both pieces so much that ordered another cape:
762EA232-A067-4D46-A650-4BC79412CCDA.jpeg2693BB05-8898-466A-B138-4AE2D0E5C2C2.jpeg
I have a navy blue maxi dress and starfish earrings that I want to wear with this cape.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Among my friends and acquaintances, I am known for my nails, haha. Very rarely are my nails ever naked, and chipped nail polish drives me up the friggin wall, so I do my nails often as well.

Nail polish and nail art are some of my favorite beauty products, and it's hard to pick a favorite brand because I have tried so many! I've even tried some MLM nail stuff that I've loved (judge me; I bought them from friends who don't view MLMs as a potential primary source of income--just a hobby that gets them a few extra bucks and discounts, so I don't feel guilty buying from them).

China Glaze is fantastic affordable nail polish-- I can't tell you how many bottles of For Audrey, Ruby Pumps, Dorothy Who, and Liquid Leather (my *favorite* black nail polish, btw) I have purchased over the years at this point.

OPI has a lot of great colors as well. My particular favorite is Dulce de Leche, which is my all-time favorite nude/neutral nail polish.

I really like Essie; I've tried more good polishes than duds. Plus, I'm doing my best to go for the 5-free nail stuff at this point in time, so Essie gets some extra points for that from me.

For holographic polishes, I find that SuperChic Lacquer is fantastic. And I have recently tried SimplyNailogical's brand, Holo Taco. Got some polishes from her 2019 Holiday collection, and thought they were great quality.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Shield Breaker

Slowboat to China

Drinking Toilet Duck
kiwifarms.net
i have a zeesea cleopatra eyeshadow, the shimmers in it are so pretty, quite pigmented but, the mattes are a bit powdery. i also purchased their lipstick which is also in collaboration with the british museum and i love it too, i also have their bb cushion and highlighter! the cushion is pretty good, i dont need much coverage so it works good for what i need, and the highlighter not so much of a glow. overall i like their products, im excited for their alice in wonderland eyeshadows!
Looks like you were right so far. :) My Zeesea Mysterious Egypt palette arrived today, and wow! I haven't played with it much yet, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. The pans are smaller than I anticipated but it is VERY pigmented and has some gorgeous lush reds and golds that I'm looking forward to completely misusing.

Also--minor note--but I really like the palette construction itself. It's hard plastic, but the case feels solid and it closes with a satisfying click. The top is slightly domed and the scarab on top is mirrored. Kind of feels like how having a Razr phone used to feel in the early 2000s, when you'd snap that sucker shut and feel like the baddest mofo on earth. (Or was that just me?) Anyway, I've owned a couple of palettes in the past that felt really cheap and flimsy, so I appreciate solid construction.

Junk Food

🍮🍩🍬🍪🍭🍫🍰
kiwifarms.net
Looks like you were right so far. :) My Zeesea Mysterious Egypt palette arrived today, and wow! I haven't played with it much yet, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. The pans are smaller than I anticipated but it is VERY pigmented and has some gorgeous lush reds and golds that I'm looking forward to completely misusing.

Also--minor note--but I really like the palette construction itself. It's hard plastic, but the case feels solid and it closes with a satisfying click. The top is slightly domed and the scarab on top is mirrored. Kind of feels like how having a Razr phone used to feel in the early 2000s, when you'd snap that sucker shut and feel like the baddest mofo on earth. (Or was that just me?) Anyway, I've owned a couple of palettes in the past that felt really cheap and flimsy, so I appreciate solid construction.
yes! the case of the palette feels a bit heavy, but it looks "classy" and satisfying to open and close lol. i really wanna get my hands on these, as i have said on my previous post, but ugh, i already have too many eyeshadow palettes for what i need rn

IMG_20200701_190559.jpg

Russtard

I have the right to fuck 9's and 10's
kiwifarms.net
Just got my package in from Boohoo. You all were right, definitely not worth the spend. Probably won't wear any of the stuff I bought. The pants are the worst-I have no idea what kind of faux inflated ass these pants were made for, but it looks exactly like I shit my pants when I'm wearing them. Disappointing.

DelicateMageflower

It's Algonquin for bloodsport.
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone tried out any of the new Colourpop Tie Dye Collection? I'm feeling the purple/blue one in particular, it reminds me of my first Maybelline shadow quad from junior high.

ETA: Those Zeesea palettes are gorgeous.

Reactions: YOUR MOM

AveraDiane

kiwifarms.net
Has anyone tried out any of the new Colourpop Tie Dye Collection? I'm feeling the purple/blue one in particular, it reminds me of my first Maybelline shadow quad from junior high.

ETA: Those Zeesea palettes are gorgeous.
I thought about getting Aura and Out, but I am mixed due to the pressed glitters.

Some of you might make fun of me but I am seriously debating on buying the Lucille Ball eyeshadow palette from Besame Cosmetics. The colors look nice and I like I Love Lucy. :)

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I juust found this crazy ass old tweaker who got 2 of the tie-dye colourpop palettes. It's not so much about her skillz or aesthetic but her personality is kind of hilarious, I'm looking into her other vids now. I haven't seen enough yet to put her in the youtube for gorls thread but thought I'd drop this here

The pastel palette I really like is the Harajuku from Nomad. It sells out a lot so it's usually "pre order"

afternoon_tea

thank you Dr. Purr, very cool
kiwifarms.net
I thought about getting Aura and Out, but I am mixed due to the pressed glitters.

Some of you might make fun of me but I am seriously debating on buying the Lucille Ball eyeshadow palette from Besame Cosmetics. The colors look nice and I like I Love Lucy. :)
Oh no, I knew I'd get tempted by something if I
clicked the link. Now I pre-ordered the peach lipstick from the Lucy collection even though lipstick is kind of cancelled this summer thanks to mandatory masks. I love Besame though.

I am so envious of people who look good in powder blue shades like in that palette. It just doesn't look good with my coloring though, I don't know what it is.

Reactions: YOUR MOM
Tags
None