Makeup! Clothes! "Girly stuff" thread -

US Marine Hyde

AutistiCATS: the Musical
kiwifarms.net
As their collections usually do, ILNP's Summer Nights brings a tear to my eye. I always hold off on cosmetic purchases, but I've been waiting my whole life for Downtown (top right) so I think it's okay to preorder this time.

View attachment 1483804
Wow, that pink on the bottom right is amazing!
Anyone get anything during the National Lipstick Day sales? There was some stuff I was tempted by but I ended up passing. KKW Beauty had BOGO lipstick/gloss, but her domestic shipping is $9 and I’m not about that.

Reactions: AveraDiane

AveraDiane

kiwifarms.net
Wow, that pink on the bottom right is amazing!
Anyone get anything during the National Lipstick Day sales? There was some stuff I was tempted by but I ended up passing. KKW Beauty had BOGO lipstick/gloss, but her domestic shipping is $9 and I’m not about that.
Sephora had the Fenty Mattemoiselle lipsticks for $12.50, so I picked one up in the shade Thicc.

Dainty_QuEen

kiwifarms.net
okayyyyyyyyyy so this is what we're told what happens but its not the case. unsold donated clothing rarely gets given to impoverished countries. actually what happens is pretty shitty.

ok so basically donated clothing gets sorted into 3 main categories: able to re-sell (what you find in thrift stores), clothing that is too soiled/damaged often gets shredded and made into other products like furniture stuffing and insulation. but then there's another category of clothing that falls in between those two categories and we're told it's just given to poor people but it's not.

what happens is that clothing gets packed into crates and shipped off to 3rd world countries where it's NOT divided among the unfortunate, but buyers bid on it for re-sale in their respective countries. which doesn't sound so bad except 1. its an incredibly risky business: a good crate can yield good money especially if it contains multiples of the same items (often used as work uniforms). but if the crate doesn't have much, that person can become completely broke over it. its an industry that really doesn't benefit anyone. 2. like i said prior, one of the best industries to help developing countries climb out of poverty is the apparel industry (yep, it's a fucked situation where kids working in a factory also means that family finally has food on the table). But they can't DO that if there's a steady stream of donated runoff going into their country. basically, clothing donation "charities" make money by helping to keep developing countries down.

Even countries that make their own clothing just re-sell donated clothes because it just easier and has a higher profit margin.

if you want to get rid of your clothing, try to give it to people directly first: people you know, local shelters, etc. If you want to donate it try to find a thrift store that has a well-curated stock: you'll get a decent amount of money and it keeps that clothing's longevity and away from the abovementioned shit industry. but ultimately people just got to be buying way fucking less.

info about used clothing auctions is getting harder to come across but here are a few good articles about donating clothes:

In Pakistan, there are these bazaars, one being “Sunday bazaar” where they sell these clothes from the crates. It’s like a giant pile of clothes and you just kinda free for all it. Sometimes you get nice stuff but mostly it’s way out of style and weird sizes etc. Its fairly cheap for the average income maker however for someone who is actually poor it’s not exactly a steal.

AveraDiane

kiwifarms.net
The mattemoiselle lipstick is really nice but it does feel a bit drying. It was a perfect nude so it was hard to tell if it rubbed off. I also got some perfume samples since I bought it from Sephora. Versace Bright Crystal and Sinner from KVD (I know, but I was dying to get my hands on even a sample because it’s a good scent for autumn) were my favorites. The Replica Beach Walk one and the Leila Lou (?) one, I wasn’t too crazy about.

I decided to give co-washing a shot and I bought the Cantu one from Amazon. It works great and it’s pretty cheap too!

Medical Hawaii

Serenity Now!
kiwifarms.net
The mattemoiselle lipstick is really nice but it does feel a bit drying. It was a perfect nude so it was hard to tell if it rubbed off. I also got some perfume samples since I bought it from Sephora. Versace Bright Crystal and Sinner from KVD (I know, but I was dying to get my hands on even a sample because it’s a good scent for autumn) were my favorites. The Replica Beach Walk one and the Leila Lou (?) one, I wasn’t too crazy about.

I decided to give co-washing a shot and I bought the Cantu one from Amazon. It works great and it’s pretty cheap too!
versace bright crystal is absolutely amazing! For the longest time I preferred warmer, heavier, more “wintery” scents (like Hypnotic Poison by Dior, Black Tulip by Nest, that purple Tocca one, Black Opium by YSL)

I was so glad to find a beautiful scent that didn’t seem so out of place in the hot summers and cool springs.

afternoon_tea

thank you Dr. Purr, very cool
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it's my go to. I wouldn't say it's a miracle, it's just marginally better than other mascaras I've tried.
Pro tip, I buy the travel sizes (or get them for free in promos) because the big tube has so much product you don't use most of it by the time you're supposed to buy a new one (three months, I stretch it out a little but it does start getting dry and crumbly after a few months)
I always end up preferring mascara in the travel sized for some reason. I don't really care for the full sized BTS but the travel one gives me really dramatic volume, it's my fave. I have no idea why it works that way for me.

Reactions: melty

admiral

So you want to become an elite businessman?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
for summer (actually, I wear them year round) I love all of the Guerlain Aqua Allegorias
I love Guerlain, but only occasionally since their products are so expensive. I really like the parure gold foundation, partially for the gorgeous golden bottle but also for the soert of rosy golden sheen to it. It's great for summer and it also goes a long way on just a couple of pumps. This sounds weird, but I really feel like Guerlain is a 'summer' brand. Perhaps it's the floral note in their products, or the warm tone in the foundations (especially the gold).

My favourite summer perfume is Hanae Mori Butterfly. I prefer Tom Ford in the winter, Dior in spring and Clinique in autumn. I'm not sure if this is due to some inate seasonal awareness for scent, or just out of habit. It means that my perfumes last longer, at any rate.

Reactions: one_time_user

one_time_user

liar. obviously
kiwifarms.net
I adore dior j'adore and it smells bad on me. I was bereft. I am actually kind of a perfume whore and have an excessive amount of it. I am also an unfortunate perwho scent completely fades on me very quickly no matter how much I put on. no one can ever smell it on me except a faint whiff if you are close. it's very painfully ironic.

• Feels
Reactions: Medical Hawaii

Medical Hawaii

Serenity Now!
kiwifarms.net
I adore dior j'adore and it smells bad on me. I was bereft. I am actually kind of a perfume whore and have an excessive amount of it. I am also an unfortunate perwho scent completely fades on me very quickly no matter how much I put on. no one can ever smell it on me except a faint whiff if you are close. it's very painfully ironic.
Perhaps try rubbing on some lotion on the areas before you spritz so that the scent has something to adhere to; as always, golden spots are behind ears, the neck, elbows, wrists, etc.

Reactions: one_time_user

one_time_user

liar. obviously
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps try rubbing on some lotion on the areas before you spritz so that the scent has something to adhere to; as always, golden spots are behind ears, the neck, elbows, wrists, etc.
I have tried everything to no avail. On the other hand, I was a heavy smoker for over 30 years and no one knew unless they actually saw a cigarette in my hand. It used to freak people out.

I live for that half hour a day where I smell devine though.

Another great summer perfume (heavy one though) is YSL Baby Doll . It's a very heavy and distinctive scent though, not for everyone.

Tags
None