March For Our Lives -

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Citracett

Riding my bike. With my hairy dog Mike.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is another of the gun control kids who bullied the shooter.
Emo+gazebo+there+was+this+kid+who+i+knew+in_8fe0e3_6531756.jpg

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
https://www.facebook.com/seraphina.thompson.77/posts/151958892294537

So this new movement, March for Our Lives... I'm disappointed to see a lot of you latching onto it.

Nearly overnight Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg became the iconic face of the moment. They're children - and what's more, survivors of a horrific trauma - which makes them extremely sympathetic figures.

The advantage (and by extension, the danger) in being a sympathetic figure is that noone looks into your background. It's largely been ignored that the March for Our Lives has a white supremacist platform on not just gun control, but all of its auxiliary issues as well - pushing policies and attitudes that have actively harmed (and continue to actively harm) PoC, poor, neuro-divergent, and queer folk in disproportionately large numbers from open state oppression, to the school-to-prison pipeline, to wonky juvie practises, to selective enforcement, to profiling, and many other issues. The fact that they have been blatantly infiltrated by the police is largely lauded and celebrated instead of condemned. And the racist origins of March's funding has been ignored too (y'all didn't think this shit was free, did you?), which came from ex-Mayor Bloomberg's non-profit Everytown... and for context, Bloomberg was the man who just a few years ago recently and proudly pushed for the racist "stop and frisk" policy in NYC and has openly defended NYPD brutality under his administration - all of these white supremacist roots and more have largely been ignored almost in perfect totality by the March's supporters.

Emma Gonzalez herself comes from a slave-driving plantation-owning ex-bourgeoisie Cuban family and David Hogg is the son of an FBI agent (and no, I'm not being a conspiracy theorist, look it up - this is public and reported knowledge - David was in the news recently for defending his dad's work when Trump took to Twitter to attack the FBI a while back). They both live in an upper-middle class school district that largely shields them via class privilege from the issues and struggles that normally radicalise working-class people - and *this* is who the liberals have chosen to attach to and uplift on this issue? Not the countless dying, marginalised, working-class people that have been protesting these issues going decades back?

It's really quite ingenious, though - with Gonzalez and Hogg being children, and not just children but children of a horrific and very public trauma - all of this makes them very hard to attack. Not to mention Gonzalez's ethnicity automatically activates white guilt in the more elitist liberal circles (the ones pushing this movement and giving it platform, that is). The amount of social capital these two are accruing relatively overnight is incredible.

Liberals are truly insidious when it comes to helping cops and white supremacists infiltrate movements, and they are actually playing their politics perfectly here. I don't see anyone willing to attack these children that haven't been ripped to shreds by white-guilted pig-loving Dems, who every time they shout "what about the children" further solidifies the culture of white supremacy attached to this gun control issue. It's honestly horrifying to watch. Even some so-called leftists are showering these kids in sympathy and praise.

It's like this hegemonic wave is sweeping the nation and we're powerless to stop it. And it is mortifying to witness happening in live action.

Marginalised children have been dying since long before any of us reading this were alive. We (as a society) have ignored it, ignored it, ignored it until the issue marginally (no pun) affected a random mostly-white corner of middle-class suburbia that bore a feel-good movement that was openly infiltrated from DAY ONE by the very people's perpetuating this violence in the first place. And NOW we as a society choose to get excited about this issue? When it is backed by white supremacists and middle class kids...? What's that say about the kind of society we are?

This is the state of liberalism in America today. And it's why you won't catch actual leftists within 1000 feet of this sham of a movement. It deserves to be called out at every turn. What these kids are doing and how our society is treating them compared to others doing similar work is indefensible, unconscionable, and should be rebuked not celebrated at every given opportunity.

EDIT: I got so excited about everything else that I forgot to include the parts about both Gonzalez *AND* Hogg encouraging each other on Twitter with multiple cited quotes from Pres. Reagan while they moved to demonise mentally ill people in the name of their new movement. Honestly, everything about this movement is problematic enough we could all go on about it for days. I can't keep adding more stuff - we need a master post on this somewhere.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
You heard it folks, freedom is slavery.
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!!!

Seriously, how pathetic do you have to be as a product of over 4 billion years of successful natural selection to be so weak and wimpy that this constitutes the same thing as being stripped naked, put in chains, put on an auction block, and sold to some asshole who can do whatever they want with you? They don't know what real slavery is.

Piga Dgrifm

Assigned Hitler At Birth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!!!

Seriously, how pathetic do you have to be as a product of over 4 billion years of successful natural selection to be so weak and wimpy that this constitutes the same thing as being stripped naked, put in chains, put on an auction block, and sold to some asshole who can do whatever they want with you? They don't know what real slavery is.
Those slaves were actually all owned by anthropomorphic AR-15s.

Status
Not open for further replies.