Mario Kart Tour - The Latest Mobile Nintendo Game.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
I decided to make a bit of a thread about the mobile game "Mario Kart Tour". It's a nice time killer game that I sunk a few hours into and I thought a bit of discussion about the game wouldn't hurt.
images.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Samoyed

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
>beloved childhood franchise gets a mobile game
>all future installments now suffer because mobile game now takes the most development resources due to chinabux making the mobile dumpster fire more profitable
>game series next console installment takes a quality dive and is never heard from again

Many Such Instances

Harnessed Carcass

PCP and ecstasy
kiwifarms.net
Fuck this shit. I do, and will continue to, play this under certain social situations. However, they fucked this one into the dirt before it even got off the ground.
:?: You are unable to complete a variety of different cups due to not paying money and/or not spending enough time EVERYDAY playing the game.
:?: You cannot collect more than 300 coins a day
:?: You can only gain so much character experience (points) each day, the other option of using tickets generally costs money.
:?: The deciding factor on completing cups and achieving grand stars isn't based on anything but available characters, karts, gliders and points, all of which are extremely crippled when playing for free.
:?: Large gaps in each tour (2 week period of track rotations) due to being available through a season pass lasting 30 days . . . which is more expensive than Nintendo online for switch.
:?: Ranked system is fucked, first week is always easy, 2nd is near impossible to place well in. This has been a consistent theme since release.
:?: I'm still unable to find the reason it's worth the time investment. No Multiplayer, VS CPUs, always at a disadvantage without paying, even if you pay it's a mystery-box, empty rewards, etc. It feels more than unfinished, it feels like it's getting a reskin every two weeks to distract us from a single player game with no story and frustrating RNG simply there to provide 'replayablity' because you got hit with a blue shell again so it's time to repeat the 'fun.'

FuckMobileNintendo/10 (exception being animal crossing)

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
mobile gaming is horrible and you should feel bad
TBF, I play it casually and do it F2P style. Anyone that does it to the extent of PC or Console gaming should really reconsider their life choices.
Fuck this shit. I do, and will continue to, play this under certain social situations. However, they fucked this one into the dirt before it even got off the ground.
:?: You are unable to complete a variety of different cups due to not paying money and/or not spending enough time EVERYDAY playing the game.
:?: You cannot collect more than 300 coins a day
:?: You can only gain so much character experience (points) each day, the other option of using tickets generally costs money.
:?: The deciding factor on completing cups and achieving grand stars isn't based on anything but available characters, karts, gliders and points, all of which are extremely crippled when playing for free.
:?: Large gaps in each tour (2 week period of track rotations) due to being available through a season pass lasting 30 days . . . which is more expensive than Nintendo online for switch.
:?: Ranked system is fucked, first week is always easy, 2nd is near impossible to place well in. This has been a consistent theme since release.
:?: I'm still unable to find the reason it's worth the time investment. No Multiplayer, VS CPUs, always at a disadvantage without paying, even if you pay it's a mystery-box, empty rewards, etc. It feels more than unfinished, it feels like it's getting a reskin every two weeks to distract us from a single player game with no story and frustrating RNG simply there to provide 'replayablity' because you got hit with a blue shell again so it's time to repeat the 'fun.'

FuckMobileNintendo/10 (exception being animal crossing)
Yeah, still don't know why they didn't implement multiplayer day 1 instead of having us wait on it.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Had Nintendo (or whoever their mobile developers are) treated this like a handheld Mario Kart a la Mario Kart 7 and charged $5 to $10 outright, no microtransaction or F2P nonsense, I'd actually be interested and download it.
They probably would've, had Mario Run (which used your exact flat rate price model) not utterly tanked. It was due to its failure that Nintendo learned that free-to-play and squeezing every penny out of your player base is the way to go with mobile. And so, here we are.

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
They probably would've, had Mario Run (which used your exact flat rate price model) not utterly tanked. It was due to its failure that Nintendo learned that free-to-play and squeezing every penny out of your player base is the way to go with mobile. And so, here we are.
It didn't help that Mario Run was also not very good.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino