MMA & UFC General - Featuring Bellator MMA & Rizin Fighting Federation

trent

kiwifarms.net
O'Malley is utter shite but the UFC have realised that Plastic Paddy's are a huge potential revenue stream so they are desperately trying to establish a new irish/irish American fighter now that Conor is a joke

The stoppage in that fight was suss as fuck and I feel bad for Moutinho that the loss will go on his record as a TKO when he was 100% still in the fight when it was called.

Slimy Time

Long and lanky.
kiwifarms.net
O'Malley is way overrated and if Moutinho had thrown more leg kicks, he would've had a legit chance. Guy was eating everything O'Malley threw at him, but O'Malley got hit by a lot of leg kicks. No idea why he abandoned that approach. That stoppage was BS, with only 30 seconds left just let it finish. He wasn't in any more danger there than he was the previous 14:30. O'Malley has to be high if he thinks he has any chance against the top of the division. Yan would take his soul
Moutinho was a gift for O'Malley to get a highlight KO. He walks forward, he has no head movement, he can't cut the ring, and he's got shit hands. All he could do was get a bullshit stoppage by Herb Dean. When Herb's biggest cocksucker, Rogan, is questioning the stoppage, you know it was fucked. That reeked of them needing O'Malley to get a finish to collect all that gambling money, so Herb jumped in at the last minute like he was paid to make sure he got the TKO.

That this guy calls out all ex champions when he hasn't fought anyone ranked is laughable, and the one guy who is now ranked (Chito Vera) beat him by leg kicking him well. Even against a complete punching bag of a short notice can, O'Malley didn't like getting kicked in the legs. That people legit find that performance impressive is beyond sad. This guy must be the most protected fighter on the roster, similar to Michael Venom Page in Bellator, who gets maths teachers with 4 fights as his 15th fight.

The High Prophet of Truth

Guiding all to the Great Journey.
kiwifarms.net
1626053222526.png

blablabla

kiwifarms.net
So two things I noticed with McGregor. He was doing the traditional muay thai leg kick of kicking to the thigh (think Aldo v Faber). That shit is so outdated because it is way more risky than the low calf kick, and he was throwing them with everything, as if he was fighting Diaz (who can't check because of how sideways he stands). He also did probably the worst move you can do in high level MMA, the jump guard guillotine. Ended up with him on his back getting Khabib flashbacks and smashed, which is why it's terrible.

The guy even when he's "focused" seems like a relic from 2016. Dustin shitting on him afterwards and his fans was great. That guy crossed a lot of "bro" lines with his shit talk and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving potato nigger. This guy is done. His fans are clinging to a 4th fight "because he totally would have won had he not broken his leg" but I think Dustin is done with him and his snake like bullshit.

Give Dustin that title fight, tell the prick to pack it in or fight Diaz again.

He Diaz'ed himself into not losing any cred from his fans. A lot of people who aren't cocksuckers of him know he's washed, but his diehards will cling to that leg break as an exception.
dude cant punch dusting like he did midgets like aldo. his only win in 5 years is near death cowboy. any legit dude with striking power will finish this asshole. dude was going out in r2 and his broken leg saved his ass

dusin beating mcgreggor in increasing gruesome ways is totally my jam.

Last edited:

Magic Sun Daddy

Get on the ball, bitch.
kiwifarms.net

Beavis

Dilweed
kiwifarms.net
Of course Dana wants to run it back. Fuck that shit, Poirier deserves actual relevant fights from now on. If McGregor is adamant about returning, he should be looking at fights with Nate, Nick, or Jorge.
I honestly don’t think Dana wants to see the fight again. He knows the fight game well enough to know Dustin would wreck Conor in a fourth fight. His bosses and ESPN want it again.

East_Clintwood

kiwifarms.net
Of course Dana wants to run it back. Fuck that shit, Poirier deserves actual relevant fights from now on.
Dustin's already said he wants to run it back, which is unsurprising. He was beating the shit out of McGregor and it's clear he has his number, so why not get another huge payday for himself while also getting to smack the shit outta the guy who talked crap about his wife.

I honestly don’t think Dana wants to see the fight again. He knows the fight game well enough to know Dustin would wreck Conor in a fourth fight. His bosses and ESPN want it again.
Dana absolutely wants the fight again. He does not, has not and will never give a shit about the long term, in fact he's repeatedly thrown fighters into unfavourable fights for short term gain (remember when Rousey was one of his biggest stars and he threw her straight back in there with Nunes which essenitally retired her?). He's claiming 264 did somewhere between 1.7-1.8 mil buys, and yeah it's Dana and he's a lying fuck, but if the numbers are actually anywhere near that he absolutely wants to do it again. Especially because it's pretty clear McGregor is basically done as an actual top level fighter, and probably won't be around much longer.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Dana absolutely wants the fight again. He does not, has not and will never give a shit about the long term, in fact he's repeatedly thrown fighters into unfavourable fights for short term gain (remember when Rousey was one of his biggest stars and he threw her straight back in there with Nunes which essenitally retired her?). He's claiming 264 did somewhere between 1.7-1.8 mil buys, and yeah it's Dana and he's a lying fuck, but if the numbers are actually anywhere near that he absolutely wants to do it again. Especially because it's pretty clear McGregor is basically done as an actual top level fighter, and probably won't be around much longer.
UFC literally just made an interim Heavyweight belt instead of just waiting a month, because they can't have a PPV without a title match any more in their minds.

Slimy Time

Long and lanky.
kiwifarms.net
Dustin's already said he wants to run it back, which is unsurprising. He was beating the shit out of McGregor and it's clear he has his number, so why not get another huge payday for himself while also getting to smack the shit outta the guy who talked crap about his wife.

If Conor is on his way out, or is capable of going the Nate Diaz route of being a draw without ever winning against top guys, he will milk that cow till its dry.

I hope Dustin goes for the belt instead of the 4th fight immediately. That would be an interesting, fun fight between the champ, and the guy many people believe is currently the best in the world in that division. Same time, I would understand if he wants to ride the Conor train and set himself up for a very comfortable post UFC career life.

KatanaSenshi

(ᐡ •͈ ·̫ •͈ ᐡ)
kiwifarms.net
It is safer though, there is no way of catching your leg on the knee like Conor did here. You aren't as likely to get Hoosted off of low calf kicks. Regardless, the way he used it here was straight out of his fight with Nate Diaz, which is questionable.

As I already mentioned, foot/shin injury by checked calf kicks have happened numerous times in championship fights. Calf kicks are safer in terms of takedown/counter risk, but they are totally check-able. Rotating your knee is faster than lifting your entire leg, it's just some fighters aren't adjusted enough to defend them yet.

Also, Conor broke his shin by kicking up Poirer's elbow in an attempt to do a karate style snap kick to the body, not a leg kick. His leg kicks themselves were fine, I don't know how much damage those kicks dealt, but they were connecting either way.

Regardless, the way he used it here was straight out of his fight with Nate Diaz, which is questionable.

I don't think so. He was throwing leg kicks upwards in Nate II, the same kind of bad habit traditional karate/taekwondo practitioners tend to have because they aren't used to throw horizontal power kicks. The lack of experience was quite obvious in that one. Conor injured his leg even though Nate was NOT checking them. It wasn't like that this time.

Slimy Time

Long and lanky.
kiwifarms.net
As I already mentioned, foot/shin injury by checked calf kicks have happened numerous times in championship fights. Calf kicks are safer in terms of takedown/counter risk, but they are totally check-able. Rotating your knee is faster than lifting your entire leg, it's just some fighters aren't adjusted enough to defend them yet.

Also, Conor broke his shin by kicking up Poirer's elbow in an attempt to do a karate style snap kick to the body, not a leg kick. His leg kicks themselves were fine, I don't know how much damage those kicks dealt, but they were connecting either way.

I don't think so. He was throwing leg kicks upwards in Nate II, the same kind of bad habit traditional karate/taekwondo practitioners tend to have because they aren't used to throw horizontal power kicks. The lack of experience was quite obvious in that one. Conor injured his leg even though Nate was NOT checking them. It wasn't like that this time.
Then what was up with Dustin pointing and acknowledging one of the leg kicks and saying he felt a bad connection to his knee? Would he really break both tibia and fibia connecting a front kick to someone's elbow unless it was already compromised?

I know John Kavanaugh said it was the front kick, but this also the same guy who said he saw nothing wrong with how the 1st round played out.

Elbereth

What do you want to write in the dust here?
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to see Porier McGregor 4. Dustin would get much better money than in pretty much any other fight and therefore chance to secure future for his children.

Beavis

Dilweed
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to see Porier McGregor 4. Dustin would get much better money than in pretty much any other fight and therefore chance to secure future for his children.
If he beats Olivera and they want him to fight Conor again (ugh) he should demand 5 million more than whatever Conor gets or he’s retiring as champion. He made enough from the third fight to retire anyways.
Apparently O"Malley is likely out the rest of the year with hand, tibia and foot injuries from the fight while Kris Moutinho is back teaching at his MMA club. The kid is a glass cannon personified. God forbid they put him against someone who is ranked and can hit hard back.
O’’Malley is way too big for 135, but he’d get wrecked by guys at 145.

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
Decent card from start to finish today. Billy Quarantillo vs Gabriel Benitez was a great fight. Rodolfo Viera showed a powerful looking jab and some serviceable combos in the stand up. If he invests more training in standup, especially on the defensive side, I think he could climb pretty high in the rankings.