Most disappointing live act you've seen - Bands/artists that should stick to the studio

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

GuitarRevi

kiwifarms.net
Tattoo the planet 2001, lineup fucked due to 9/11 but cradle of filth stood out as the worst live band I've ever seen and I've seen Limp Bizkit twice

GuitarRevi

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Dream Theater are one of those bands where you have to catch them on the right day? I've only seen them once and they were absolutely note-perfect, James' vocals included, but I have definitely seen videos of other performances where he's as flat as a fart or just out of tune completely.

Yeah, that's a fair point, I guess you can either throw yourself around the stage or you can actually play your surprisingly complicated music competently. Like I say, I had been at a punk thing during the day so I suppose I was still in 'enjoy poorly-played powerchords' mode! To balance things out, I did see Origin a couple of years previously and they absolutely blew my tits off - I'm not strictly a fan of technical DM but they were passing through my city and I was really impressed with the performance.

Godflesh are one of those bands I've been meaning to catch for years and have always missed through work or other tedious adult commitments. They definitely seem like a physical experience as well as a sonic one! It's wanky as hell to say (especially in a thread where we're suposed to be dunking on bands) but I love that about noise/extreme music performances - it's so fun to see how people move to stuff that either has weird rhythm or no perceptible rhythm at all.
Sorry for the double post.

You are right about having to catch them at the right time. Their shows are way longer than most live acts and James' voice gets wrecked pretty fast andvif we are honest he not that great in studio.

Гиджет

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Steve Miller Band about 3 years ago. Dreadfully boring to the point that me, my ex, and her brother all got up and walked out after he covered a bunch of old blues standards after some bullshit speech about "rock music, our music maaaaaaaan has roots in the blues maaaaaan." He got blown the fuck out by Peter Frampton who was opening for him who knew exactly what the audience wanted, had great crowd banter, and did a great Soundgarden cover.

The one point I will give SMB was Joseph Wooten, the keyboardist. That man played his ass off.
I remember this 2018 tour, fortunately Frampton preformed first during concert I attended (if I remember correctly Frampton alternated with SML during this tour so luck) and I left the concert after a few SML songs so missed blues rant shtick. Anyway, agree Frampton has remained awesome performer for close to half century. Unlike Elton, McCartney, Jaggar, etc Frampton’s singing voice (with or without talk box) is still tolerable, if not enjoyable.