Musicians that are also Lolcows? -

Jar-Jar Fanboy

kiwifarms.net
Motley Crue is the definition of absolute retards. You've got everything from Vince Neil killing his friend in a car crash, Nikki Sixx OD'ing, going to the hospital then getting out and OD'ing again. You have Tommy Lee getting a sextape leaked an Mick Mars being a creepy autist.
Can I hear more about Mick Mars? All I know is that he's like 10 years older than the other guys in the band, and has some bone condition that prevents him from moving, but I've never heard any stories about him being a creepy autist

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
Honestly here in Norway, Varg Vikernes is considered to be a village idiot and the people who consider him to be "based" are worshipping alittle pissbaby. The entire black metal community of the 90s was filled to the brim with edgy fucking retards. Euronymous (the guy Varg killed) justified the burning of ancient cultural herritage churches because it was good to see people suffer from the loss. Not to mention their autistic hatred of death metal because it was too "technical". Then there was their obsession with being sad and pathetic to the point that they hated seeing people smile and having a good time at concerts.

Wait, so Varg killed a guy who wanted to destroy Norwegian Christian heritage? That shit is incredibly based. Varg needs to be in charge of the UN or something.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Can I hear more about Mick Mars? All I know is that he's like 10 years older than the other guys in the band, and has some bone condition that prevents him from moving, but I've never heard any stories about him being a creepy autist
Yeah, I wanna know too. Mick actually seems like the most "normal" person from the band, compared to Tommy Lee's environmentalism and TDS spergery, and Vince's obesity.
Brian Wilson, mentally retarded.
What, you're telling me this isn't the best song song you've ever jammed to!?

Yuuichirou Kumada

Second chaddest simp in anime
kiwifarms.net
Listening to Stone Temple Pilots' debut album, I now remember the late Scott Weiland was also quite a bit of a lolcow in life.

Got intoxicated and picked fights on the regular, and despite being pretty much the face of the band, got fired from it due to his erratic behaviour. Which he never bothered to correct. And when he had the chance to start again with the excellent Velvet Revolver? He also got fired from it for the very same reasons.

Then in the early 2010's, the DeLeo brothers decided to reform STP and give Scott a second chance. They even released a decent, but very watered-down comeback album. And he resumed his usual drug-addled antics that saw him getting fired again. It was so bad, they went with Chester fucking Bennington as a substitute for a while, before he himself self-suicided himself.

He tried to go "Fuck your shit, I'm starting a solo career with blackjack and hookers", only to be met with a major MEH from everyone. And according to the few unlucky bastards that actually bothered to see him perform solo, he was dreadful by himself. By the time of his death, he had formed another band which I don't even bother to look after, and again, it went nowhere.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Listening to Stone Temple Pilots' debut album, I now remember the late Scott Weiland was also quite a bit of a lolcow in life.

Got intoxicated and picked fights on the regular, and despite being pretty much the face of the band, got fired from it due to his erratic behaviour. Which he never bothered to correct. And when he had the chance to start again with the excellent Velvet Revolver? He also got fired from it for the very same reasons.

Then in the early 2010's, the DeLeo brothers decided to reform STP and give Scott a second chance. They even released a decent, but very watered-down comeback album. And he resumed his usual drug-addled antics that saw him getting fired again. It was so bad, they went with Chester fucking Bennington as a substitute for a while, before he himself self-suicided himself.

He tried to go "Fuck your shit, I'm starting a solo career with blackjack and hookers", only to be met with a major MEH from everyone. And according to the few unlucky bastards that actually bothered to see him perform solo, he was dreadful by himself. By the time of his death, he had formed another band which I don't even bother to look after, and again, it went nowhere.

The Velvet Revolver thing was pretty much proof that Slash irreversibly damaged his brain with coke some time in the early 90's. "My last band was hugely successful but fell apart because the singer was a crazy drug-addled egomaniac retard. So I'll form a band with Scott fucking Weiland."

Cardenio

*YAWN*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Velvet Revolver thing was pretty much proof that Slash irreversibly damaged his brain with coke some time in the early 90's. "My last band was hugely successful but fell apart because the singer was a crazy drug-addled egomaniac retard. So I'll form a band with Scott fucking Weiland."
To be fair Velvet Revolver had some decent airplay in its era, I think Slash and McKagan proved to Axl Rose that they still had quite a following. Who knows if GnR would have actually settled their differences to then do their wildly popular reunion tour had it not been for Velvet Revolver?

TheProdigalStunna

I'm not giving back the documents
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's also Captain Beefheart. Locking your band in a crappy cabin for months on end, and literally throw off the stairs and/or beat the shit of your bandmates over missed beats is pure horrorcow behavior in my book.
I'm a huge Beefheart fan, but yeah, he was definitely quite an asshole and a gloryhound. He was indeed a genius, but he was lucky to be surrounded by quite a few other geniuses as well. John French "Drumbo" really deserves more credit, as do the rest of the members of the band. Not just for composition, but for playing too. Beefheart's vocals are indispensable, but so is Drumbo's drumming, Zoot Horn Rollo's guitar, and Rockette Morton's bass. They were all parts of a beautiful whole. For that reason, I wish they were just known as "The Magic Band" rather than as "Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band". By the way, if you're interested, check out this guy's interviews with The Magic Band members. There's a lot of invaluable info there. I'm also quite surprised to see just how smart and lucid these guys are, which is something you never got from Beefheart in an interview. I do think he was genuinely psychotic at times and not just pretending.

Deckard Bane

kiwifarms.net
Bit niche but Bryan Erickson of Velvet Acid Christ has some moments. He tends to piss off a lot of people in the industrial scene - both musicians and fans alike, and he tends to get extremely defensive about himself and/or his music. A music forum I occasionally went to gave a negative review of a newly released album and he created an account and started sperging out. He's referred to himself as an "industrial vegan nazi" multiple times (or something similar) and tends to go off on bands he's touring with if they don't adhere to every little nitpick he has relating to food, equipment, what you say, etc.

He's still talked about with contempt from a lot of other bands after his crowdfunding fiasco. He wanted an expensive piece of hardware and set up a crowdfund with a sob story about how its so hard to get good equipment and how he needs it to deliver the best album, only to wind up selling the thing almost immediately after and then crying about how he needs the new and improved piece of gear.

KingFriko

kiwifarms.net
Prince fucked a bunch of the female musicians he worked with. Such as Shelia E, Susannah Melvoin, Denise Matthews (Vanity), Susan Moonsie, Robin Power, Carmen Electra...the list goes on. I guess people still think because he was short and feminine looking that he didn't get around much. If anything, Prince was rumored to have multiple female partners and orgies at Paisley Park. Prince himself however wasn't as respectful of women as he made himself out to be. He was often very controlling of his colleagues to the point where he would tell them how to dress and how to eat.

I honestly consider Prince to be much more weirder than say Michael Jackson, because Prince would just say or do really strange things with no explanation. I had a conversation with one of my friends about how Prince became a Jehovah's Witness in the 2000s and they said something really interesting about how mostly; really crazy people get involved with that. MJ for instance, stopped getting involved with JWs after Thriller because they hassled him about the music video which had "occult" elements which was against their teachings. MJ didn't even celebrate Christmas until 1993 because it was ingrained in him since childhood to not partake any holidays.

After Prince became a JW he stopped cursing or doing the raunchy things he was famous for, this including not singing some of his more explicit songs like Darling Nikki. He would also make really odd decisions with how he distributed his music or videos. At one point he started removing his music videos from MTV and VH1's websites around 2007-2008. Some fans tried to archive them on a now defunct website called imeem and they stayed up for about a year until the website was bought out by MySpace. For about a decade, the only way you could watch Prince's music videos online was through Chinese or Russian websites. Prince did however make a temporary site where you could watch all his music videos, but the catch was that it cost about $77 to gain access to it all (the site was only up just to promote one of his albums, Lotus Flower).
How do you mention all of this and not mention the Kevin Smith stuff or that time he cancelled a whole album because he thought he saw the word "GOD" in the clouds while on ecstasy? I love Prince, and I think he blows out MJ's stuff by a mile overall, but he was such a fucking nut.

EDIT: Ah fuck, I doubleposted, Discord has rotted my brain to the core

Saffronette

🍕Stuffed Crust Slut🍕
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do you mention all of this and not mention the Kevin Smith stuff or that time he cancelled a whole album because he thought he saw the word "GOD" in the clouds while on ecstasy? I love Prince, and I think he blows out MJ's stuff by a mile overall, but he was such a fucking nut.
I remember watching Kevin Smith tell a story about how he tried to film a documentary with Prince but it didn't pan out well. Mostly due to Kevin having to deal with Prince's Jehovah Witness antics.

There's various stories about him high on ecstacy in the late 80's but the album you're talking about is the "Black Album" and it was released later in 1994. He even preformed some of the songs from it live during the Lovesexy tour. Prince kind of touted himself as a "drug-free" guy but was rather hypocritical about it.