Musicians that are also Lolcows? -

KingFriko

kiwifarms.net
I remember watching Kevin Smith tell a story about how he tried to film a documentary with Prince but it didn't pan out well. Mostly due to Kevin having to deal with Prince's Jehovah Witness antics.

There's various stories about him high on ecstacy in the late 80's but the album you're talking about is the "Black Album" and it was released later in 1994. He even preformed some of the songs from it live during the Lovesexy tour. Prince kind of touted himself as a "drug-free" guy but was rather hypocritical about it.
yup

ClownBrew

Drink the brew!
kiwifarms.net
as good a guitarist as he is, Jimmy Paige was close to cowdom when he was going through his Aleister Crowley sooper spoopy occult phase.

As a Pagan myself I give him a break with this one because he actually walked the walk. Invested serious £££ in Aleister Crowley's estate and built up a library of grimoires. Studied the Thelema system and went at it like a martial artist. Did all this for years on end and never denied it in the press...even when it actually cost Zepp business rather than boosting it. Practicing the Craft openly wasn't cool until after Page gambled on putting it out there in the open.

That's a lot more than I can say for Black Sabbath and all the rest of them.

heavycream

kiwifarms.net
but the schizophrenic Roky was at least modest
I guess you haven't seen the stuff he did right after leaving Rusk then. I love ol' Roky though, RIP.

Brian Wilson, mentally retarded.
While I agree he certainly seems to be this way now, I think this was a consequence of Eugene Landy frying him out on the psych meds for 20 years. I think he was mostly intact albeit eccentric beforehand, perhaps a high functioning schizophrenic at worse. Now, he's a wreck who can barely speak. Also, the 'Smart Girls' song was co-written by Landy, who basically had taken all creative control away from Wilson and used him as a puppet, taking a big cut out of Wilson's revenue and Beach Boys royalties too. He had been trying to radically change Wilson's psychology and way of life, getting him to try preach these new 'ideals' through the music he manipulated Wilson into writing.

There was a film about it recently, Love and Mercy.
--
Sia is a modern lolcow musician.

SuperConglomerateWhale

MY BIKE!
kiwifarms.net
Rage Against the Machine. You know they'd be on the Trump hatewagon. And they're grown adults that haven't evolved past their 90s rebellious phase.

Good music tho.
I used to be spergy and a retarded RATM fan and I had to set myself straight after that phase. That entire band are lolcows in their own right but Tom Morello is the outspoken cow of the group.
Tom Morello shilling for the godawful Disney Star Wars theme park says all you need to know about RATM and their ideology in current year.
Tom Morello has to be one of the most spergy cows in the music industry and a big hypocritical one at that. He went to Harvard of all places and now he advocates for communism while being rich as all hell and not helping the people he claims to fight for. He did some Karen stuff a couple of years ago to some restaurant in Seattle too where the owner lost all respect for RATM and even Chris Cornell.
How Morello is only mentioned in this thread twice is just beyond me.

Idiot Asshole

kiwifarms.net
I used to be spergy and a retarded RATM fan and I had to set myself straight after that phase. That entire band are lolcows in their own right but Tom Morello is the outspoken cow of the group.

Tom Morello has to be one of the most spergy cows in the music industry and a big hypocritical one at that. He went to Harvard of all places and now he advocates for communism while being rich as all hell and not helping the people he claims to fight for. He did some Karen stuff a couple of years ago to some restaurant in Seattle too where the owner lost all respect for RATM and even Chris Cornell.
How Morello is only mentioned in this thread twice is just beyond me.
I remember Morello having a hilarious spergout about Paul Ryan claiming to be a fan of RATM years ago. Making yourself look worse than Paul fucking Ryan is an accomplishment but Tommy managed to do the feat quite easily. I still come back to that article years later to laugh at it. How idiots (i.e. millennials) still idolise this moron just because he was on a few bangers they enjoyed in the early 90s blows my mind, because even by the low standards of 90s alt rock RATM were pretty awful.

On a different note, I'm wondering how you think that Brad Wilk is cowish? Commerford is a cow just for his tattoos and de la Rocha goes without saying but all I know about Wilk is that he was the shitty drummer on that cash-in Black Sabbath album from 2013. By the standards of dumb commie/anarchist musicians he seems to at least know to shut his mouth.

NoFreePasses

gimmie $1000 for a tablet
kiwifarms.net

No comment.

I don't think he's a lolcow. I've been following his Twitter account and he seems to be fully aware of the situation around him.

He is razor sharp with his comments, his non music videos are basically subverting expectations and whenever anybody tries to clap him, he claps back with efficiency.

If anything, the people (including several notable Republicans) responding to that video (and Nike) are the real lolcows because they are choosing to get pissed off over a music video and the shoes that came with it. There are more important things to get pissed off about and they choose to focus on this person. roflamo.

SuperConglomerateWhale

MY BIKE!
kiwifarms.net
I remember Morello having a hilarious spergout about Paul Ryan claiming to be a fan of RATM years ago. Making yourself look worse than Paul fucking Ryan is an accomplishment but Tommy managed to do the feat quite easily. I still come back to that article years later to laugh at it. How idiots (i.e. millennials) still idolise this moron just because he was on a few bangers they enjoyed in the early 90s blows my mind, because even by the low standards of 90s alt rock RATM were pretty awful.

On a different note, I'm wondering how you think that Brad Wilk is cowish? Commerford is a cow just for his tattoos and de la Rocha goes without saying but all I know about Wilk is that he was the shitty drummer on that cash-in Black Sabbath album from 2013. By the standards of dumb commie/anarchist musicians he seems to at least know to shut his mouth.
Yeah you’re right Wilk is quiet and I’ll eat my words for that. I actually haven’t seen anything on Brad Wilk so I have no idea how he really is, he might be an introvert for all I know.

Tom definitely spergs out more than he really should and the Paul Ryan crap was hilarious. I am truly surprised how he still manages to fit in with the mainstream movement

Commerford’s big cow moment that to me is at least justifiable to an extent was when he crashed the VMA’a in 2000 because they lost to Limp fucking Bizkit, I mean I can’t blame him for that, but it would’ve been funnier to see Fred Durst fight Commerford.

Now for Zack, the guy literally believes Mumia Abu-Jamal wasn’t seen executing a Philadelphia police officer and he also supports EZLN.....but dislikes government oppression. How can you not laugh at that hypocrisy?

In the end, RATM is one of the biggest hypocritical bands in the industry. They bent the knee for their corporate overlords and they became the very thing they swore to destroy. It is absolutely not surprising how no one recognizes what that band is.

ClownBrew

Drink the brew!
kiwifarms.net
all I know about Wilk is that he was the shitty drummer on that cash-in Black Sabbath album from 2013.

That reminds me: Tony Iommi is a cow.

-for what he did to Lita Ford
-and to his own daughter
-whom he had named "Toni Marie" as his namesake
-massive MTV whore since late 80s
-screwed over both Dio and Cozy Powell
-repeatedly tried in vain to make Sabbath look young and relevant by working with rappers and above-mentioned shitty commie numetal band
-the unlistenable "Dehumanizer" album
-currently flogging BLM t shirts on website

The only thing I will ever respect about this joke of a musician is that he lopped his stupid fingers off yet still plays guitar. Literally metal.

Ita Mori

⚜Party With Crooks⚜
kiwifarms.net
Robb Flynn of Machine Head comes to mind instantly.

- Guy was responsible for the band being permanent trendchasers going from neo-Thrash to Nu-Metal sellouts, and then to metalcore sellouts always making meh songs that sound inspired by something way better.

- His own band ended up hating him so much that they all left after he was caught riff-stealing for the Nth time.

- Despite being a prominent influence in Roadrunner records in the 00s and/or becoming a producer/manager on the side, he's basically so unlikable and egotistical he withered into irrelevancy and now works mainly as a grifter with a podcast interviewing his few metal buddies who need to shill their new albums or want 1 minute of minor relevancy to remind audiences they're still around, as well as occasionally spewing his retarded political takes that have no substantial backing behind them, instead being dishonest re-affirmations of what he thinks his audience wants to hear, just so he can sell it to them later. When the "Summer of Love" hit last year, Robb was very quick to voice his approval of looting and rioting, but rather than make a tweet or a vlog about it, he instead made two songs in <36 hours for sale instead. Imagine the quality of songs composed, recorded, & mixed in less than a day...
My favorite political moment of his was when he was disavowing huwait supremacy and said anyone who ever used it's imagery for any reason was a piece of shit racist. When he was asked by a caller if he stood by these comments he reaffirmed it, saying he'd spit in the face of anyone using the confederate battle flag. Then another caller reminded him about how Dimebag Darrell of Pantera, someone who Flynn claimed to have loved and have been good friends with before he passed away (To the point he made a song about his fondness for Darrell and his hated of yellow journalists in 2007 :story: ), had a guitar with the confederate battle flag paint scheme and how frequently Darrell used it. Flynn then sputters before completely ignoring the caller who then asked if he denounced Darrell as a racist (something that would piss off a lot of metal fans and give Flynn even more bad press), but not before calling the caller a right-wing troll :lit:. Flynn unironically now loves yellow journalists and despises free thinkers if they shift from the media-approved narrative; some rebel he is.

Honorable mention to Jonathan Davis of Korn (severely introverted and awkward to the point of reverting to child, who thought dubstep was the sound of the future and had a pathetic stint as a DJ called JDEVIL that couldn't fill up a local venue despite his "big" name) and Marilyn Manson of... Marilyn Manson (A guy who successfully weaponized autism into a musical career and fame, but who was so drug-addled and empty of any personality by 2005 he started becoming his character and went down a rabbit hole of lunatic ravings, sexual assault, delusions of contemporary relevance, stage accidents, and obesity).

Last edited:

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net

- Guy was responsible for the band being permanent trendchasers going from neo-Thrash to Nu-Metal sellouts, and then to metalcore sellouts always making meh songs that sound inspired by something way better.

- His own band ended up hating him so much that they all left after he was caught riff-stealing for the Nth time.

- Despite being a prominent influence in Roadrunner records in the 00s and/or becoming a producer/manager on the side, he's basically so unlikable and egotistical he withered into irrelevancy and now works mainly as a grifter with a podcast interviewing his few metal buddies who need to shill their new albums or want 1 minute of minor relevancy to remind audiences they're still around, as well as occasionally spewing his retarded political takes that have no substantial backing behind them, instead being dishonest re-affirmations of what he thinks his audience wants to hear, just so he can sell it to them later. When the "Summer of Love" hit last year, Robb was very quick to voice his approval of looting and rioting, but rather than make a tweet or a vlog about it, he instead made two songs in <36 hours for sale instead. Imagine the quality of songs composed, recorded, & mixed in less than a day...
My favorite political moment of his was when he was disavowing huwait supremacy and said anyone who ever used it's imagery for any reason was a piece of shit racist. When he was asked by a caller if he stood by these comments he reaffirmed it, saying he'd spit in the face of anyone using the confederate battle flag. Then another caller reminded him about how Dimebag Darrell of Pantera, someone who Flynn claimed to have loved and have been good friends with before he passed away (To the point he made a song about his fondness for Darrell and his hated of yellow journalists in 2007 :story: ), had a guitar with the confederate battle flag paint scheme and how frequently Darrell used it. Flynn then sputters before completely ignoring the caller who then asked if he denounced Darrell as a racist (something that would piss off a lot of metal fans and give Flynn even more bad press), but not before calling the caller a right-wing troll :lit:. Flynn unironically now loves yellow journalists and despises free thinkers if they shift from the media-approved narrative; some rebel he is.

Honorable mention to Jonathan Davis of Korn (severely introverted and awkward to the point of reverting to child, who thought dubstep was the sound of the future and had a pathetic stint as a DJ called JDEVIL that couldn't fill up a local venue despite his "big" name) and Marilyn Manson of... Marilyn Manson (A guy who successfully weaponized autism into a musical career and fame, but who was so drug-addled and empty of any personality by 2005 he started becoming his character and went down a rabbit hole of lunatic ravings, sexual assault, delusions of contemporary relevance, stage accidents, and obesity).

Didn't Rob Flynn put out an album of cold-take political rap metal so bad that not even the usual woke media could defend it? Iirc it was a couple of years ago and he threw a massive tantrum when people didn't like it.

As for Marilyn Manson, I saw him in about 2015 and Jesus Christ what a trainwreck. He was fat, late and drunk (he claimed to have a "cold", but I'm fairly sure a cold doesn't make you slur incoherently or stumble around), he kept trying to start fights with the audience who responded by throwing things at him (this wasn't a festival or anything, this was his own headline show and his own fans were bottling him). Having failed to fight the audience, he decided to pick a fight with his own percussionist in the middle of a song instead, kicking his kettle drums into the orchestra pit. The resigned way his roadies went to retrieve them and set them back up suggested this wasn't the first time this had happened, and the expressions on their faces said "I took this job to lift amplifiers and get sloppy seconds with the groupies, not wrangle some fucking tard". As well as turning up late, he finished early and didn't do an encore, meaning that we didn't get to hear any of his bigger hits either.

Worse than Mazza though was the crowd. Fuck me sideways he has one of the worst fanbases in metal. As well as throwing bottles at the musician they had paid to see, they fought with each other, hurled cups of piss from the upper tier of the stand onto the pit, and congregated in front of the disabled section (where we were, one of our group had a serious spine problem that meant she couldn't stand for more than a few minutes at a time) and blocked the view, refusing to move even when asked to by security. There were guys in the aisles openly groping women who tried to get past them to the toilet. His fans are mostly in their 30s or even older now, but they acted like they hadn't matured a day since they were 15-year-old edgy kids. Fucking embarrassing, man. I'm struggling to think of a worse-behaved set of fans at a gig I've been to, and I've been to Cattle Decapitation and Anaal Nathraak shows. Maybe only Skindred and Slayer fans have been worse behaved at shows I've been to in the last decade.

Last edited:

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
Now for Zack, the guy literally believes Mumia Abu-Jamal wasn’t seen executing a Philadelphia police officer and he also supports EZLN.....but dislikes government oppression. How can you not laugh at that hypocrisy?

*makes albums about how white colonialism completely ruined the Americas*
*actively supports an insurgency that is tearing Mexico apart*

Yeah, fuck RATM.

Idiot Asshole

kiwifarms.net
That reminds me: Tony Iommi is a cow.
I wouldn't go as far as say that Iommi is a cow but he definitely has done or said some dumb things over the years. Although I'm not familiar with what you're referring to about screwing over Cozy (I'd say Tony Martin got far more screwed over) I'd contest him working with rappers since Ice-T and Ernie C were forced on him and the band by IRS and Dehumanizer is 10x more listenable than anything Ozzy made afterwards. Speaking of Ozzy, I'd dock Iommi points for ceding part of the Sabbath name over to him for the shitty reunion which is how we ended up with Brad Wilk and Ozzy's drummer instead of Ward and the official Sabbath site being scrubbed clean of any mention of non-Ozzy material. He was chasing that Ozzy reunion and its financial benefits for almost 15 years despite it just being a carrot that Ozzy and Sharon were dangling in front of him to ruin him and his band which is largely why so many people consider Sabbath's 80s and 90s material (unjustly) rubbish.
Flynn is hilarious and actually one of my personal celebrity lolcows. When their last album, Catharsis, dropped it garnered such a negative reaction that he actually had fights with fans on social media. Then his whole band left as you said, but special mention goes to longtime partner-in-crime Phil Demmel, who reformed their old (classic and actually respected by the metal scene) band Vio-Lence with the entire classic lineup without even so much as inviting him. He has literally nobody left.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Then his whole band left as you said, but special mention goes to longtime partner-in-crime Phil Demmel, who reformed their old (classic and actually respected by the metal scene) band Vio-Lence with the entire classic lineup without even so much as inviting him. He has literally nobody left.
Reminds me of that time in the 80s when Roger Waters threw every other member out of Pink Floyd because he was on one of his ego trips. Then the ejected members formed a new band with a new bass player and called it "Pink Floyd". Waters sued and not only failed to prevent the others calling themselves Pink Floyd, but lost his own rights to the name as well. Therefore Roger Waters achieved the quite remarkable feat of throwing himself out of his own band. Waters isn't quite a cow, but he's done some dumb shit over the years for sure.

Shame was that nu-Floyd weren't as good as old Floyd and released a string of really boring albums that didn't even touch the quality of the band's 70's material, except for maybe a couple of songs here and there.

Ita Mori

⚜Party With Crooks⚜
kiwifarms.net
Didn't Rob Flynn put out an album of cold-take political rap metal so bad that not even the usual woke media could defend it? Iirc it was a couple of years ago and he threw a massive tantrum when people didn't like it.
Yep.
My favorite part cow-wise is how much he loves nu-metal yet tries to pretend he doesn't.
He tried to blame Adam Duce for Machine Head's nu-metal stint, yet Adam was the only one who refused to wear nu-metal garments and apparel in their music videos while Rob looked like a wigger/90s crossdresser fusion. He loves it and what's worse is he likes the shitty dime-a-dozen nu-metal. Whereas most would say A Perfect Circle or Incubus are examples of nu-metal with artistry involved, Rob is more of the Crazy Town/Dope variety (Edsel Dope is his own brand of lolcow as well).
He's such a poser all-around. His get-up has been try-hard since 2004 with his shitty skull-heart sleeveless tee and the half-dozen Hot Topic accessories on his arms.

Flynn is hilarious and actually one of my personal celebrity lolcows. When their last album, Catharsis, dropped it garnered such a negative reaction that he actually had fights with fans on social media. Then his whole band left as you said, but special mention goes to longtime partner-in-crime Phil Demmel, who reformed their old (classic and actually respected by the metal scene) band Vio-Lence with the entire classic lineup without even so much as inviting him. He has literally nobody left.
Yeah it was with Catharsis that people gave him shit for riff-stealing again; when people noticed his song, "Beyond The Pale", was a blatant rip-off of Strapping Young Lad's "Love?", he defended himself saying he hadn't ever heard of "Love?" or SYL before :lit:, but then changed his answer to that it was never his intent to plagiarize Devin's work, but rather to offer homage. This wouldn't have been as bad as it was for Rob if he didn't have a history of being aggressive against other artists who accidentally or not plagiarize riffs and melodies. Hypocrite for days.

I'm struggling to think of a worse-behaved set of fans at a gig I've been to, and I've been to Cattle Decapitation and Anaal Nathraak shows.
The Anaal Nathrakh shows I've been to were fine attendee-wise for the most part.