NASCAR Discussion - Sperg out about four left turns here

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
Though I don't watch as much as I used to, NASCAR is still my go to white noise for lazy Sunday afternoons.

Whether you want laugh at Bubba Wallace for being an overhyped, subpar racer whose more interested in race than racing. Or complain about the bullshit playoff system or whatever stupid gimmick Brian France pulled out of his ass, or you just like the diecasts, you now have a place to do it on thdie-cast,

I'll go ahead and break the ice by telling you about my favorite driver: Jeff Gordon, an inspiration to manlets worldwide.

So, let's see how many kiwis like watching cars turn left!

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember I happened to be in the break room of the shitty retail job that I worked and was either watching the live race where Dale Earnhardt got killed, or some kind of replay.
That was pretty entertaining.
Other than that I couldn't care less.

A Dumb Demon

Get in, loser
kiwifarms.net
I don't know shit about Turn Left Fast but I do know a relative of mine built Dale Jr's pool table a few years ago, said Jr. was a dick but his wife was hot.

Yuuichirou Kumada

Second chaddest simp in anime
kiwifarms.net
I used to enjoy me some NASCAR in my formative years, but like most things from those days, I somewhat "outgrew" it and only have some passing knowledge of the currentgoings.

Looks like they have a severe lack of stars worth following, like the Earnhardts and Jeff Gordon were in their heyday. Who do we have today? Complete assholes like Kyle Busch and Joey Logano, milquetoast boys like Alex Bowman and Chase Elliot, and attention whores like Bubba Wallace and Natalie Decker. Not to mention the current management's attempts to appeal to a market that never cared about the sport and always treated it as "lol dumb redneck shit".

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
kiwifarms.net
To this day, I still don't understand the reasoning for Carl Edwards leaving the sport. Then again, considering his personality, which presumably is the "nice guy on camera, but possible dick when the cameras are off", I'm not sure how much he is missed by the fans at this point.

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
I unironically enjoy NASCAR. Sure the homogenization and computerization of it is kinda gay but I think it's the best its been talent wise since the 90s. Not too many personalities off the track but there's a lot of aggression during the races at least.

I've been a Kyle Busch fan since his days in Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity/Sponsor TBA. Not as aggressive as he used to be and he's been really hurt by practices being mostly axed, thus not being able to fine tune his setup. Dude is a fucking troll and I respect that, though.

Joey Logano on the other hand can eat a dick. Couldn't have been more happy to see him blow a 4 second lead on Road Daytona.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
I used to enjoy me some NASCAR in my formative years, but like most things from those days, I somewhat "outgrew" it and only have some passing knowledge of the currentgoings.

Looks like they have a severe lack of stars worth following, like the Earnhardts and Jeff Gordon were in their heyday. Who do we have today? Complete assholes like Kyle Busch and Joey Logano, milquetoast boys like Alex Bowman and Chase Elliot, and attention whores like Bubba Wallace and Natalie Decker. Not to mention the current management's attempts to appeal to a market that never cared about the sport and always treated it as "lol dumb redneck shit".
Indeed and we could even go back further in time in the era of The King aka Richard Petty and Cale Yarborough.

Iron Hamster

Days Twitch has waited for DSP apology: 129
kiwifarms.net
I usually just watch the super speedway races. I'll watch the Bristol dirt race on the 28th though.

Iron Hamster

Days Twitch has waited for DSP apology: 129
kiwifarms.net
I’m going to my first cup race at road America. I just wished that the Milwaukee Mile hadn’t closed down and we’re going there instead.
If you can get to a Charlotte race, that track is pretty cool. It's just one big slingshot.

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
Did they stop trying to shove Bubba Wallace down everyone's throat? I'm pretty tired of that jerk-off.

Fuck no. They'll always have a preview image for the next race throughout the current one and its got portraits of Chase Elliott, Joey Logano, Denny Hamlin, and Bubba Wallace. Hmmm, one of the things don't belong and I'm thinking it's the guy that's consistently finishing in the 18-25 range.

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
kiwifarms.net
Fuck no. They'll always have a preview image for the next race throughout the current one and its got portraits of Chase Elliott, Joey Logano, Denny Hamlin, and Bubba Wallace. Hmmm, one of the things don't belong and I'm thinking it's the guy that's consistently finishing in the 18-25 range.

I wonder if the whole "shoving Bubba Wallace down people's throats" was as bad as when Danica Patrick was racing in NASCAR, and the media focus was on her. I also remembered the Danica fans REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing when Reddit got Josh Wise into the NASCAR All-Star Race by fan vote.

Last edited:

Kornheiser

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the whole "shoving Bubba Wallace down people's throats" was as bad as when Danica Patrick was racing in NASCAR, and the media focus was on her. I also remembered the Danica fans REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing when Reddit got Josh Wise into the NASCAR All-Star Race by fan vote.
That’s because he had dogecoin on his car and he actively recruited Reddit. I watched yesterday the Atlanta race from 1993 where Morgan Shepherd won his last race. It got me thinking that we do not see average drivers just dominate certain tracks like Kyle Petty at Rockingham or Shepherd at Atlanta anymore. I can’t explain it but I wonder if the rise of superteams killed off those outfits and drivers.