NASCAR Discussion - Sperg out about four left turns here

Tony Soprano

Veteran of the Sneed Wars
kiwifarms.net
If there are kiwis that want to give NASCAR a fair shake, or fans of glorious era of Nascar games from 2004-2006, or currently suffering fans, I would have to recommend this documentary made by EmpLemon on Dale Earnhardt. Truly legendary in the production, and entertaining to fans and outsiders alike.

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
If there are kiwis that want to give NASCAR a fair shake, or fans of glorious era of Nascar games from 2004-2006, or currently suffering fans, I would have to recommend this documentary made by EmpLemon on Dale Earnhardt. Truly legendary in the production, and entertaining to fans and outsiders alike.

The NASCAR Heat series is fairly solid, even if the career modes are bit on the barren side (Over all not too bad for 20 bucks). Interesting that Emps never brought up the Gordon/Earnhardt rivalry as that’s part of what made NASCAR so popular in the 90s.

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty excited because next week's race at Bristol is going to be on a dirt track. Never seen that before.
I'm interested to see the car set-up. I'd assume there would have to be some sort of adjustment with their front end but from the looks of the track, you can still see tarmac through the dirt so who knows.

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't able to watch the race live, but saw the recording of it after work. Heck of a race, but the fact that Hamlin is still number one in the standings with zero wins despite being seven races into the season might be a tad concerning.

But at least there's plenty of parity so far.

Iron Hamster

Days Twitch has waited for DSP apology: 121
kiwifarms.net

I watched most of "Blink of an eye" the other day and thought it was more a Waltrip docu than Earnhardt. Kinda weird

Goyaanisqatsi

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't able to watch the race live, but saw the recording of it after work. Heck of a race, but the fact that Hamlin is still number one in the standings with zero wins despite being seven races into the season might be a tad concerning.

But at least there's plenty of parity so far.

He's basically doing what Matt Kenseth did his championship year and finishing no worse than Top 10 in every race so far. Two straight top 3's and I think four straight top fives.

Wins are great but you also can't punish that kind of consistency. Larsen has probably been the second most consistent but the wreck he was involved in yesterday killed his race and he finished outside the top 20. Similar thing with Logano earlier in the season.

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
He's basically doing what Matt Kenseth did his championship year and finishing no worse than Top 10 in every race so far. Two straight top 3's and I think four straight top fives.

Wins are great but you also can't punish that kind of consistency. Larsen has probably been the second most consistent but the wreck he was involved in yesterday killed his race and he finished outside the top 20. Similar thing with Logano earlier in the season.
As long as we don't get a repeat of shit like 2015 Kyle Busch, I'm fine with it.

Ultima Ratio Regum

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Used to watch it on French TV when I was a kid, ARCA as well, but could not make the difference. Just loved the cars and the crashes. Since then I've learned a lot on the history of the sport and its heroes and watched some old races. I find the new rules awful. Also, I feel so privileged because we don't have any ads at all during races here, while American TV literally goes on commercial breaks every five laps or so.

I don't think I'll start watching again as long as they keep those shitty rules, regarding points and three-segment races.

Road tracks are nice too, by the way.

Last edited:

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
Used to watch it on French TV when I was a kid, ARCA as well, but could not make the difference. Just loved the cars and the crashes. Since then I've learned a lot on the history of the sport and its heroes and watched some old races. I find the new rules awful. Also, I feel so privileged because we don't have any ads at all during races here, while American TV literally goes on commercial breaks every five laps or so.

I don't think I'll start watching again as long as they keep those shitty rules, regarding points and three-segment races.

Road tracks are nice too, by the way.
I always got the feeling that they implemented segmented races/forced caution laps in as a way to shoehorn more commercials in.

Ultima Ratio Regum

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always got the feeling that they implemented segmented races/forced caution laps in as a way to shoehorn more commercials in.
I assume the official narrative was to say that the races were too long and boring?
It's honestly sad to see this. The long races were the charm of the sport, with all the pit stops and other happenings.

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
I will say that the new next gen cars are pretty good looking. I'm thinking that either Honda or Volkswagen are most likely to be the fourth OEM to join NASCAR and there's a possibly they might be able to bring Dodge back into the fold (that and I would like to see the Challenger go up against the Camaro and the Mustang).
Next-Gen-Ford-Mustang-Driver-Side.jpg
Next-Gen-Chevrolet-Camaro-Driver-Side.jpg
Next-Gen-Toyota-TRD-Camry-Driver-Side.jpg

Saturday Night Special

eWar is hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Total mess at COTA this weekend. The rain has been completely killing visibility, drivers are going 4-wide every turn, and NASCAR is letting this continue, opting to run like 5 laps under yellow instead of pulling a red (keep in mind laps at COTA are longer). They finally pulled a red flag out at lap 26 because three cars got taken out at a single turn. Sure these kinds of crashes drive viewer engagement, but for your inaugural race at a new track this is just dangerous. Many drivers have stated that these conditions are some of the most unsafe that they've had to deal with in a while.

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
kiwifarms.net
Total mess at COTA this weekend. The rain has been completely killing visibility, drivers are going 4-wide every turn, and NASCAR is letting this continue, opting to run like 5 laps under yellow instead of pulling a red (keep in mind laps at COTA are longer). They finally pulled a red flag out at lap 26 because three cars got taken out at a single turn. Sure these kinds of crashes drive viewer engagement, but for your inaugural race at a new track this is just dangerous. Many drivers have stated that these conditions are some of the most unsafe that they've had to deal with in a while.

That description is giving me flashbacks of one of the IndyCar oval races (2011 in Loudon), where they decided to go green while the race track was still wet, and then people obviously crashed out. It did result in a pretty meme worthy reaction, when Will Power gave the stewards the double bird with that braindead decision to green.

Last edited:

Goyaanisqatsi

kiwifarms.net
What a shit show. Would have loved to see how the track worked in stock car under much better conditions but who knows if there will even be another race there after this one.

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
What a shit show. Would have loved to see how the track worked in stock car under much better conditions but who knows if there will even be another race there after this one.
The Xfinity race went off without a hitch and it would've been pretty good if it wasn't for Kyle Busch's constant need to be a big fish in a small pond. Hindsight's 20/20 but they should've called off the race, here's hoping this doesn't turn off Nascar from returning to COTA.