New Years Resolutions - What do you plan to fail at for 2019?

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
kiwifarms.net
I've already made good on part of it--clear clutter out of my house. I just made a second trip to the dump this morning with a couple of old mattresses and some busted furniture that was taking up space in the garage, and two weeks ago I packed a Sprinter van to the roof with trash, recycling, and stuff fit to donate to Goodwill. I still need to take electronics recycling in, and dispose of a dead fridge, but I've made huge progress. It feels really fucking good, having all of that shit out of my life, as if a massive weight has been lifted off me. Plus, it's easier to clean my house, and that will help when I finally get around to re-painting this spring.

The next step: get the shit I decided to keep better organized, because my half-assed, ADHD-addled "system" doesn't fucking work, or at least not very well. It's what allowed me to end up with a house full of crap and the necessity for such a massive cleanout in the first place. I have everything I need to do all the creative stuff I love to do, but the constant struggle with disorganization keeps me from doing it.

This year, I bought my first acoustic guitar, and started to learn to play it. After lots of struggling and frustration, I bought an electric guitar, and holy shit, it is so much easier to play. I was practicing pretty consistently through the summer, but life happened and I haven't picked up either instrument since October. So in 2019 I want to get back in the habit of practicing every day. Also, my passive-aggressive neighbor has been annoying the shit out of me these past six months, so once the weather warms up and I open the windows again, I'd like to spend as much time annoying her with the sounds of my repeated, fumbling attempts at Nirvana songs as I possibly can.

I also want to learn to play bass, but I think that's going to have to wait until 2020.

SakuraRose

Mildly fragranced for that fresh feeling.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To attain all the milestones expected of a woman my age, e.g., further my career, have another midlife crisis, buy a fancy BMW, own a fake-fur leopard-print coat, and shag the hot hipster boy that works at the local organic coffee shop and is half my age.

Standard, really.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've had some successes this year paying off my school debts and hooking up with a new awesome gal pal, but I still got a lot of shit left to do.

First is that I need to regain some semblance of humanity left. That sounds very pretentious I know, but the fact that the job I'm at is killing me emotionally, physically, mentally, socially, and, while I'm okay financially, I think I can do better. However, I'm usually so fried, exhausted, and apathetic that it is difficult for me to even figure out I can ever get out of this hole.

I'd like to have at least a day where I'm not angry or depressed or blacking out due to exhaustion.

I'd like to actually get good at something. I think what I'm skilled at is adequate, but nothing stand outs, and everyday it gets increasingly harder to focus on what I am capable of doing.

Also, I'd like to eat at a White Castle again. That would be nice.

Shokaract

kiwifarms.net
Spend less time online and maybe try to go out and socialize more. Or a more realistic one, get S rank in all missions in the upcoming DMC5 on Son of Sparda.

Reactions: mrdk_04
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino