NHL season thread -

break these cuffs

IT'S A BABY FAHKIN WHALE, BRO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lebron James' twitter tantrums should not dictate the hockey season. Cancelled my NHLtv sub and may not even bother watching pirate streams. This is a hockey league for fucks sake.

break these cuffs

IT'S A BABY FAHKIN WHALE, BRO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do joggers even watch hockey?
No, Americans in general don't even watch hockey. So few of black people play it that the NHL has to put a couple of them in the All Star game every year no matter how well or poorly they played that season. The NHL has gotten it in their head that they cannot allow their to be a WOKE GAP like they're George C. Scott in Dr. Stranglove.

The Grognard

kjeh kjeh räh
kiwifarms.net
No, Americans in general don't even watch hockey. So few of black people play it that the NHL has to put a couple of them in the All Star game every year no matter how well or poorly they played that season. The NHL has gotten it in their head that they cannot allow their to be a WOKE GAP like they're George C. Scott in Dr. Stranglove.
These things are purely performative stunts they really only can pull off now because A: it's an incredibly heated election year in the US and B: No crowd money to lose, just a moderate annoyance to the TV people. The only people who think this is a good idea are those who think gaining a bit of fickle twitter cred is an important thing for a very old sports championship.

Rebel Wilson

kiwifarms.net
Nothing makes me laugh harder at canada than the idea that an expansion team in the US desert will probably win the championship long before a canadian team does again.

The Grognard

kjeh kjeh räh
kiwifarms.net
Nothing makes me laugh harder at canada than the idea that an expansion team in the US desert will probably win the championship long before a canadian team does again.
A team that might as well not exist, for what they're worth. If they want to actually make some fucking money with a profitable team, just move them to Quebec and bring back the Nordiques.

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
Least excited to most pleased to see win the bubble's Cup:

4. Dallas, Pavelski getting it would be ok.
3. Tampa, they are more entertaining as choke artists.
2. Vegas, Pete DeBoer finally getting a championship proving third time's the charm is ok by me.
1. NY Islanders, I'd like to see Andy Greene win a title as a former captain of the Devils before he's hanging them up.

Who's going to win it, probably Tampa? No fans to choke in front of plays right into their hands.

The Grognard

kjeh kjeh räh
kiwifarms.net
I'd like Dallas to win the Stanley simply because they've got a lot of Finnish players in their roster and they really made a decent center from Vaasan Sport into playoff clutchmaster general.

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
Dallas' last appearance in the finals was the last time a player scored in extra time to lift a Cup for his team.

If it happens again this time, that's going to be an empty skate around the arena so it won't nearly be as entertaining. I expect this finals to be like the series the Stars played against Colorado two rounds ago, just with better goaltending by the opponent. Should be kind of fun, Stamkos might have to try and play a game seven again to finally win a title.

Rebel Wilson

kiwifarms.net
I will be supporting Dallas for the final. Wasn't their last trip to the cup final the one with the goal-not-a-goal that the league allowed to count anyway because it couldn't stop the celebration? In fact, I think Tampa Bay won their cup because a goal Calgary scored was disallowed as well.

Both teams have a chance to win a cup without an asterisk for the first time.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
I will be supporting Dallas for the final. Wasn't their last trip to the cup final the one with the goal-not-a-goal that the league allowed to count anyway because it couldn't stop the celebration? In fact, I think Tampa Bay won their cup because a goal Calgary scored was disallowed as well.

Both teams have a chance to win a cup without an asterisk for the first time.

Not exactly, Dallas got another trip to the final and lost against the New Jersey Devils in 2000. The goal-not-a-goal moment was against Buffalo the previous season.

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
I apologize for bumping this thread but Tampa Bay wants to end the 2020 Stanley Cup final asap. One more game and they'll win the Cup.
And they just clinched it. Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup in 2020. Dallas had their last stand Saturday and managed to get two overtime rounds but tonight Tampa had the better offense and get to take the cup home tonight.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
Rangers buyout Lundqvist contract and trade Marc Staal.

Good move, imo. Rangers, it seems, are comitting to a youth rebuild. Hank needs to be a backup on a Stanley Cup team at this point...