Dramacow Nicholas Alexander Tomasheski / Nick Monroe / NickMon1112 / PressFartToContinue - Gamer/Pizzagate Attention Whore, Stalked Dodger, Games Journo for The Escapist

• DDoS is active again.

Was Nick Monroe's banning unjust?

• Yes, Nick was doing investigative journalism, and Twitter itself didn't care until just now

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • No, Nick was breaking Twitter rules by evading a permanent ban

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I'm not sure/I don't know

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • It doesn't matter, Twitter is godawful regardless

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • This wave of blatantly political bans will stop once Trump wins in 2020, so I'm not too worried

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get on Gab/Telegram/BitChute/Mastadon/Pocketnet.app/[insert alternative social media platform here]

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • This will only contribute to the death of Twitter as a viable platform, so I'm not too worried

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Brahmin Baron

kiwifarms.net
So, is this him trying to get some good karma going after stalking a lady or what?

As usual, it's probably just another way for him to get attention. His quest for internet fame seems to be the main drive behind most of his actions, all the way back to when he was spamming comments on the videos of popular youtubers.
I always got the impression that his obsession with Dodger was half motivated by creepy infatuation and half by wanting to be part of her group of internet friends (Totalbiscuit, Jesse Cox, etc) During his subsequent ban and attempts to "prove his innocence", he continued trying to suck up to that group, even when they made it clear they wanted nothing to do with him.

When Totalbiscuit got sick of his shit, told him his reputation was tarnished and that he should just make a new online identity, he acted appalled at the idea. He claimed the Pressfarttocontinue name was worth something, despite having nothing on his channel but some gameplay footage and a couple fan videos to other youtubers. I suspect the real reason he was opposed to starting over was because it would mean giving up the "fame" and followers he had managed to scrape together through his comment spamming.
TLDR: He's an attention whore.

AnnOfGreenGayBalls

kiwifarms.net
@Jonas Well, he may be forgiven somewhat but he'll never get any semblance of a true career if that makes you feel any better.
He is currently begging strangers on the internet to pay for his trip to Austria.

Seems like he could make the $2000 himself if he'd just get a job.

Attachments

• N.png
    N.png
    264 KB · Views: 509

Keep Yourself Safe

REAL ASS DUDE
kiwifarms.net
Just saw this guy being interviewed and they were patting him on the back for being a brave citizen journalist, then he mentioned the Great Aspergers Jihad so I thought I better search the farms.

PressFartToContinue? I remember that guy, he was one of the most prolific of the Goober Grapplers, IIRC he was one of the accounts along with Milo's that got you blocked for following on the GGautoblocker. Necroing this thread because if his rep is blowing up under his own name now; Nick Monroe, porbablybe helpful to have the truth out there.

MelloYello

kiwifarms.net

Iwasamwillbe

The Earth, Wind, and Fire of September
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Independent journalist Nick Monroe, who is known for his in-depth tweet threads, has been permanently banned from Twitter for violating its rules against evading permanent suspension. While Monroe acknowledges that he did have an account that was banned from Twitter three years ago, many people are questioning Twitter’s motives in choosing to enforce this rule now at a time when his @nickmon1112 account was rapidly growing in popularity.

Monroe’s tweet threads primarily focused on breaking news and debunking fake news but he also did some movie commentary threads. Many journalists, commentators, and YouTubers used Monroe’s news threads as a source of reference when creating their content. Monroe’s news threads have also been consistently cited by many news outlets including Breitbart News and The Daily Caller.

In 2019 his threads have gained significant traction with his coverage of the Christchurch shootings and Jussie Smollett being two of the many popular tweet threads he’s produced this year. The popularity of these tweet threads and others helped him reach 47,800+ Twitter followers (archive link) before he was banned – an increase of 20,100+ followers since the start of the year (archive link).

In an email, Twitter said Monroe had violated its rules around evading permanent suspension.

Monroe acknowledges that his previous Twitter account @farttocontinue which focused on GamerGate and had around 8,000 followers was banned by Twitter in 2014. He says he became a games journalist in 2015 and used his @nickmon1112 account as a chance to start over. Twitter hasn’t specified how Monroe broke the rules but this is the most likely reason for the ban.

While this does appear to be a violation of the rules, the timing is suspect with Twitter waiting over three years to enforce these rules and removing Monroe’s account at a time when it was growing rapidly.

Some Reddit users are highlighting that it’s particularly suspicious that Monroe’s account was removed less than a day after he published a tweet thread calling out Time magazine’s Ian Bremmer for promoting a fake Trump quote on Twitter.

nick-monroe-permanently-banned-twitter-1-1024x459.jpg

Monroe is still active on Gab and Telegram – two platforms which are committed to protecting free speech. Gab allows all legal speech under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution while Telegram says that it’s passionate about freedom of speech and highlights how in many countries, it’s the only platform that allows independent sources of information to be transmitted.

Monroe’s Twitter ban is the latest example of social media platforms digging into people’s past comments in order to find reasons to ban them. Facebook recently gave Global Editor-in-Chief of Human Events Raheem Kassam a seven day ban for simply posting “men can’t be women” 11 years ago. Leaked documents have also revealed that Facebook is using out of context comments from a 2007 speech that happened off Facebook as part of its reasoning to list conservative author Brigitte Gabriel as a “hate agent” – a designation that can lead to permanent account suspension.

These same social media platforms are also expanding their rules so that increasingly innocuous things can lead to account suspensions. Facebook has one of the most restrictive rulesets in this area with the following actions now being grounds for account termination:

Based on Facebook’s existing rules and standard, if employees decide to put you on an internal watch list or decide that anything you said, anything you posted, anyone you associated with, or any websites you linked to within the last 11 years are objectionable, they could mark your account for termination.

While Facebook’s rules are currently the most Orwellian, most the major social platforms have made changes that restrict what you’re allowed to post on their platforms over the last few months. For example, Twitter has been cracking down on parody accounts and YouTube has changed its algorithm to promote what it deems to be “authoritative sources.”

Voltaire

Frankenstein Gangster Communist Computer God
kiwifarms.net
Nick Monroe is a wierd GamerGate faggot who did it all for attention and probably thinks Twitter is deeply important. I bet he asked for shekels too. And lastly ripping off Dodgers screenname and making a shitter version of it is pathetic. Fuck him.

Clockwork Dragon

It's a morning from a Bogart movie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He is kind of sketchy in a lot of ways, but he did bring a lot of attention to the Daddy of Five stuff, so he gets kudos for that, at least.

Capsaicin Addict

Now see here you little shit.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's tossed up this interesting theory here. (Archive)

TLDR: he thinks he got the axe because he had posted in memoriam of Totalbiscuit (who had verbally cudgeled him over his behavior), and someone managed to put two and two together.

Twitter does not forgive, nor does it forget. But it should.

I’ve never sparked a riot over a speech. I’ve never chained myself to Twitter’s corporate offices. I do not make a daily spectacle of myself. But for some reason, everyone is up in arms about my ban from Twitter.

Unlike Milo, Loomer, and Alex Jones, those who followed me on Twitter saw me as a stabilizing force in the chaos of social media. But now I am banned, I suppose I have a story that needs to be told.

It is a story about forgiveness amidst the near-anarchic landscape of social media. People told me that when I was going to get banned, that would be it—the red flag at the point of no return. They were right.

I am Nick Monroe.

Well, that’s a pseudonym. My real name is Nicholas Tomasheski. I’ve gone by Monroe for the last three and a half years. It sounds catchier.

You’re reading this because I’m gone now. Twitter permanently banned me for a “ban evasion” lasting three-and-a-half years.

They say my account – which amassed almost 50,000 followers and has appeared on numerous news websites – is a “ban evader”. This means I had an old account which was banned, so they banned my new account, too.

Being banned on Twitter is a lot like participating in both the court of public opinion and a funeral at the same time. Both my followers and detractors are judging my body of work and all my actions in the wake of the ban. I wasn’t always the person I am today, but who I am was best described in my interview with Michael Malice.

Roughly five years ago, I was ‘PressFartToContinue’ (PFTC).

I made a YouTube account by that name when I was 17-years-old. It was meant to be a fan channel of ‘PressHeartToContinue’.

I had no idea what I was doing, or how my actions would come to impact me years later. I, like just about everyone else in the world, have grown since I was 17. And I know who I am today. I’m the independent Twitter journalist who spoke out against online censorship before I too was banned.

Just to clear things up, I’m miles away from where I was with PFTC, but that doesn’t mean you haven’t heard stories about me. PFTC was accused of soliciting nude images, stalking a YouTuber at a convention, and that the police got somehow involved. None of these things are true, of course.

What those who tell stories about me tend to overlook is the fact that I ran a YouTube channel with over 25,000 subscribers. It wasn’t anything I earned through hard work—just attention and luck. With no guidance, purpose, nor direction, I had no idea what I was doing. It was simply a channel I created as a fan of another YouTuber.

It’s how I found limited popularity and success, but it eventually boomeranged.

In the ashes of a YouTube comments battleground, someone by the name of ‘TotalBiscuit’ chewed me out for everything. Rightfully so. I was an idiot and deserved to be publicly reprimanded for my actions. Within his scolding he gave me one saving grace. He told me that if I started over and distanced myself completely from the PFTC moniker, I’d be able to make something meaningful out of myself one day. Something worthwhile and good.

TotalBiscuit was right.

So I burned PFTC to the ground.

None of this would get me banned from Twitter, though.

What TotalBiscuit and I had in common was our involvement with GamerGate. It’s an association that would later come back to haunt me in a way I would’ve never predicted.

In November 2014, in an argument between the “anti-harassment expert” Randi Harper and Mike Cernovich, both of whom were feuding over the GamerGate fiasco, Harper posted a picture of plaque she had put up at work. Amid allegations of harassment from every side of the debacle, I pointed out that was a bad idea for her to publish the image because it identified her place of work and her phone numbers. That warning was taken as a form of harassment—an infraction against me. So my original account was banned on Twitter.

It is that 5-year-old ban that’s earned me punishment today. And I think I know how.

TotalBiscuit – the person who helped me down the path of redemption – passed away last year. I honored him on my new account, with a farewell on the anniversary of his passing a few days ago. Someone clearly saw it, connected the dots, and told Twitter I deserved to be banned again.

Effectively, I was banned for mourning someone who helped me.

GamerGate was the first and most prominent instance of a movement of mass awareness that questioned the quality of online journalism.

People were speaking up against preset narratives. They wanted something better. Journalists pushed back with denial and censorship, piggybacking on the allegation that the movement was a harassment campaign against women in video games. They described GamerGate as the embodiment of toxic masculinity—a monster made up of male gamers discontent with the involvement of women in their sacred hobby.

What nobody will tell you about GamerGate is that it was instrumental in toppling Gawker Media. The established narrative leaves out the fact that it delivered on its goal of holding the games media accountable. The movement discovered instances of journalistic impropriety. Most of all, it reinforced a common belief about how things were supposed to be—journalists needed to have accountability.

Having watched GamerGate from the start, I saw this as an opportunity to commit myself to a cause beyond YouTube and the dramas that take place there.

So in December 2015, I started over. I became a games journalist at The Escapist Magazine and then at Gameranx. I worked my way up, and I even won awards. At long last, I had found a purpose for my talents and put them to use.

If you look at my personal website where I have written stories these past few years, you’ll discover a variety of content. I wrote a book’s worth of material on Harvey Weinstein and the dawn of #MeToo. I went in-depth about a ragtag gang of acting misfits that came together through their love of the Fallout story. I was first on scene to cover the darkness behind the DaddyOFive “prank” channel, and followed that story for nearly a year until I made sure the children involved were safe from harm.

Eventually, I attended a convention for real. I had fun. I was happy. It was a milestone for me in achieving a semi-normal life. It was something I could call my own.

But as the culture war grew in scope, so too did my pursuits. I looked to the horizon and pivoted towards politics. Video games were, quite literally, child’s play in comparison to this harsh and unforgiving landscape.

People often ask me about my political views because I’m rarely obvious about it.

My foray into the sphere began in earnest in July 2017, and I was soon interviewed on Britt McHenry’s Fox program. I was closely following the Jussie Smollett saga back in February of this year, and she had me on to discuss it and offer commentary.

I’ve also dedicated a large portion of my time to speaking out about media censorship.

When the Christchurch shooting happened, I was one of the first people to get the news out to the public. My thread was, unfortunately, neutered by what I presume to be the New Zealand police, in their efforts to suppress the revolting details of the massacre.

It didn’t just happen to me, but to others with a platform on Twitter who talked about it. In an article for Culttture, I laid out my concerns about how this would further inflame social divisions.

At the time, I was banned for a tweet containing bad language—in other words, nothing substantial. Twitter would later unban me, calling it a mistake. They planned to lock my account for a week because I responded to a compliment crudely.

In the past three and a half years it has become clear that the division between the “left” and “right” does not encompass the whole world. Instead, it’s that polarized landscape versus humanity.

Politics is fighting for the sake of fighting versus the battle between right and wrong—a war for determining and defining what reality is.

When TotalBiscuit died, the mainstream media spat on him. To his credit, his involvement in GamerGate is credited for solidifying its legitimacy. He stood up for what he saw was a hope for a better world. One that tries to better how we treat each other.

In death, people mocked him. A journalist for Forbes attempted to crucify John Bain as the devil incarnate, for standing up against a corrupt media establishment that had for too long looked down on gamers as an identity.

I stood in defiance of the narrative—not just the one the world had thrown at his legacy, but also the one he threw at me. He looked down on me, sure. But he also gave me room for hope. I will always respect the man and honor him in kind.

I used “my past” for the last three and a half years as a strength. That the world was going to scrutinize me harder and I needed to be on better behavior.

But consider this my confession. My name is Nick Monroe and I evaded a ban three and a half years ago. It was a part of my journey on becoming a self-made man and walking away from the scared, lonely, and confused boy I was. Someone that used other people’s work as a springboard of my own.

It was a journey of self-forgiveness as much as it was one of seeking forgiveness. I’m proud to defend myself here in the court of public opinion.

But I’ll let them speak for me.

“I am genuinely bummed @nickmon1112 got perma-banned. After my Blake Harris expose was posted, he expressed that he proud of me. Words that made me feel great. That and he was a big supporter of my content. I can’t speak to how he was years ago, but the Nick of today is a good guy,” wrote Sophia Narwitz.

Every word in this paragraph links to someone that supports me and thework I have done. What people knew me for the most is having the bestTwitter threads around when it came to compiling current events.That’ssomething to be proud of. I have enough people who supported me, thateven if I’m gone as an account, the impact of what I did mattered. It’sbecause of the public I’ll always keep trying. I found a way to be useful tosociety.

What I love doing the most is helping people.

My favorite: “Nick didn’t attempt to reinvent himself, he really did.”

I would have never learned to be a better person if I didn’t make a ton of mistakes along the way. That trial and error process defines who I am, and everything I can strive to become.

I’ll leave you with this. Robert Downey Jr. asking Hollywood to forgive Mel Gibson.

I’d like to think I have hugged the cactus long enough. I’m on GAB and Telegram if you need me.

These are, of course, his words, and I don't doubt some of them are self-serving. But frankly, this stinks of Twitter looking for a reason to give him the boot and finally finding something to use. Considering how many people routinely evade bans and aren't given the bum's rush, I find it quite hypocritical for Twitter to suddenly say, 'Oh dear me, we can't have YOU on here.'

So yeah. Monroe may be a lolcow and a sped. But Twitter can go fuck itself with a cactus, the lying, two faced faggot brigade that they are.

Puff

God of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
Anyone still interested in this guy? Milo Yiannopoulos got Nick's mods to ban everyone from his chat last night and the freakout was fairly great. Have his entire Telegram account exported if anyone is interested.
monroe1.PNG
monroe2.PNG
monroe3.PNG

Last edited: