Nintendo Labo Salt - WHERE'S MY SMASH REEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
Oh I am laffin. I am always the first to bitch when a company consistently takes the safe route and vomits out the same garbage year in and year out to generate profits. Nintendo is usually the worst offender of this in vidya, with Zelda #56 - Boomerang boogalo. Finally they do something purely new and creative (For them, anyway) as an educational toy for children and turbo-autists shit immediately shit themselves. My first impression upon seeing this was
>tfw no family
>no son to teach robotics to

:(
Also in reference to that "high-quality" cardboard comment above - cardboard is a fantastic material for robotics and electronics crafts. The fastest robot in the world is a cardboard cockroach. Educate yourself.

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh I am laffin. I am always the first to bitch when a company consistently takes the safe route and vomits out the same garbage year in and year out to generate profits. Nintendo is usually the worst offender of this in vidya, with Zelda #56 - Boomerang boogalo. Finally they do something purely new and creative (For them, anyway) as an educational toy for children and turbo-autists shit immediately shit themselves. My first impression upon seeing this was
>tfw no family
>no son to teach robotics to

:(
Also in reference to that "high-quality" cardboard comment above - cardboard is a fantastic material for robotics and electronics crafts. The fastest robot in the world is a cardboard cockroach. Educate yourself.
lmfao nigga it's cardboard

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait what is to stop someone from buying the game itself used and just getting some stencils that will most likely be uploaded online somewhere to cut out the cardboard form your own shit?
Literally nothing. In fact that's kind of what I hinted toward in my post in the Games forum thread about this. Anyone with a razor blade and a ruler can make their own Ludo sets, and it's a guaranteed bet that there are going to be dozens if not hundreds of imitations that pop up for sale dirt cheap on sites like AliExpress and such.

Though I did hypothesize that the official Ludo kits from Nintendo will eventually become worth something in the future, specifically because these things just aren't built to last and are more prone to damage than almost anything else Nintendo has ever produced. There's a premium among gamers and collectors that comes with something that has the Nintendo name on it. Not many of these things are going to survive long term, so if you're willing to make the investment and then sit on some mint-in-box Ludos I am almost certain you'll be able to flip them to some idiot in the future for hundreds of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino