Culture NRA draws Thomas the Tank characters in KKK robes. -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.

anti SJW

kiwifarms.net
(CNN)The NRA is going after the long-time animated children's television show "Thomas & Friends."

NRA TV host Dana Loesch appeared on the association's TV show, "Relentless" and slammed "Thomas & Friends" for partnering with the United Nations to increase diversity on the program.
Last month the show introduced two new female characters, one of which was painted with an African-inspired face and is voiced by actress Yvonne Grundy, who is originally from Kenya.
The UN's website says the UN partnered with the animated series to "teach children the importance of taking part in the global efforts to end poverty, providing girls and boys with the same opportunities, and of course doing so while protecting our planet."
Loesch slammed the iconic "Thomas & Friends" characters and then showed them on screen wearing Ku Klux Klan hoods while on flaming train tracks.
Related: Donations to the NRA tripled after the Parkland shooting
"This is horrible," Loesch said of the show's additions. "That's where it gets really strange to me. Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white? Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity? I mean, they had to paint what I guess they thought was some sort of African pattern on the side of Nia's engine."
After the images aired, Mattel, the owner of the "Thomas The Tank Engine" brand, announced in a statement, "We are not associated with images that promote hate and denounce any images of our brands that are being used to convey a message not in line with the values of the company."
"Thomas The Tank Engine" was created by the Rev. W. Awdry and was a book series. The story was turned into a TV series in 1984 and made its American debut on PBS in 1989.
CNN has reached out to the NRA for comment.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/entertainment/thomas-the-tank-engine-nra-kkk-trnd/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to show my a.utism here, but if they wanted to do KKK characters they should've done Donald, Douglas and Duncan as they were very racist towards different (read diesel) locomotives. Also Nila (or however you spell her stupid name) has got to be one of the ugliest locomotive designs I've ever seen

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
kiwifarms.net
That Yahoo article is pretty typical hand-wringing bullshit. I mean, they cite George Takei like he's some kind of nuanced moral arbiter of the times.

"For instance, the Thomas & Friends ABC Book says, “M is for men. The men who drive the engine stand inside the cab,” but there is no “W is for women,” “G is for girls,” or “F is for females,” making it “O is for outdated.” -- actual snippet from the article, issued without a hint of irony.

Last edited:

Give Her The D

Holder of the Unlimited N-Word Pass
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino