Odysee Live-streaming - Powered by Bitwave.tv - “I’d rather drink Glass than stream on Bitwave”

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wonder if "Xander" is already autobanned in his chat. With that would go people's ability to congratulate Ralph on his son's birth. Killing two birds with one stone I guess.
Please don't use the literally infinite variations of the word, such as [email protected], Xand3r, Zander, X ander etc etc.
Piggy will have to pay some Indian to write an AI to censor the word. :story:

This could lead to some more content from Ralph complaining about Megan and Xander/Bitwave.
GAYDUR THE SPLC AND XANDAH IS AYE LAWGIN MEH THEY TRYIN TO TAKE MUH 1/2 BITCOIN I CASHED OUT AT 18K GAYDUR

Let's see the SPLC run some shit hitpiece on the metrics of wignats. :story: :story:
Featuring autism like this:
1616899893611.png

ralphafan

kiwifarms.net
So over the past few days, we haven't heard much from Ralph regarding the fact that Odysee is utilizing Bitwave as it's backend for Video Livestreaming, or that Xander is a developer at Odysee.
The only thing we've heard even remotely relevant to Odysee livestreaming is this.

Since then, we've just had Megan Squire send multiple tweets in a thread regarding the link between Bitwave/Xander and Odysee as well as it's LBRY backend and founder.

The one upside to her tweets is the following tweet in the thread:
View attachment 2034998

Now he'll have to respond if the above statement isn't true, because it's Ralph and he won't allow any falsehoods being made by someone who supplies the SPLC with research regarding his online activity and crypto earnings.
(Read the infamous SPLC article that came out last year using Megan's research). https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/11/17/extremists-are-cashing-youth-targeted-gaming-website

This could lead to some more content from Ralph complaining about Megan and Xander/Bitwave.

9B14834F-B3BA-4607-949B-5E27281DF3F9.jpeg

Yes, but only for paypiggies...

According to Rand on his own show today

1. Xander sold the rights to Bitwave tech to Odyssey in exchange for a job there
  2. They’re pissed off about the references to Bitwave left in their site and demanded he fix it
  3. After that he no-showed to work, so he might get fired soon

TriggerMeElmo

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2035284

Yes, but only for paypiggies...

1. Xander sold the rights to Bitwave tech to Odyssey in exchange for a job there
  2. They’re pissed off about the references to Bitwave left in their site and demanded he fix it
Why would Rand be privy to this information? I'd like to see some evidence in this case.

EDIT: If Bitwave became closed source at some point, I mean in this scenario why bother hiring him and if they fired him after taking what he engineered, wouldn't that be wrongful termination and open to litigation? There's a lot of details missing from this story.

DOUBLE-EDIT: Sorry, I meant Rand, not Ralph.

Last edited:

GAME BOY ADVANCE

MODEL NO. AGB-001
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Thanks for providing Ralph's tweet, my take on Rand's claims:

1. 1616912264715.png
If you have something of value and are approached to have that bought from you, you would gain more than just a job. Rand might be that retarded but Xander is at least smart enough to get a better deal.

1616912414308.png

I doubt they're pissed off, how would he even know this? It's clearly beta and in testing so something like this is easily overlooked and a reaction like this is unreasonable in a tech organization.

1616912526921.png

HR matters like this aren't obtained online, Rand is just playing the role of fellow aussie petrol sniffer Chopper Read who famously said "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

Ralphamale

kiwifarms.net
Isn't bitwave open source?
Partially. That was part of the scrutiny Doxpatch used to get by only having some of it open for all to see and is part of the reason so many accused him of running a crypto miner on their rigs back when Bitwave launched and ran like shit for awhile.

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1. So it's still Bitwave, what is this crossbred abo barking about?
2. Why would they be pissed at that? Easy fix and the entire thing is in beta.
3. How did he know? Did he pray to the Abo crocodile goddess and telepathically obtained the thought of Odysee devs, or is he full of shit? Why would anyone tell him that?

The Demon Baby

Where's my fucking child support, dad?
kiwifarms.net
Fair disclosure: I warned the Odysee team I was in contact with that they should immediately remove Bitwave references from their source code because it'd allow the Cathedral to smear them but it's too late I guess.

Posted by Megan Squire, retweeted by Jared Holt (Right-Wing Watch).

View attachment 2035664
You should write your own livestreaming software and BTFO everyone, Josh. Then you can unironically say, "If they thought Bitwave was bad...."

iu.gif

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fair disclosure: I warned the Odysee team I was in contact with that they should immediately remove Bitwave references from their source code because it'd allow the Cathedral to smear them but it's too late I guess.

Posted by Megan Squire, retweeted by Jared Holt (Right-Wing Watch).

View attachment 2035664
I wonder who the subject of the warrant was? That 'GypsyCrusader' guy who was arrested for saying nigger on Omegle had a channel on BitWave.

JAKL

Just Another Kiwi Lurker
kiwifarms.net
I wonder who the subject of the warrant was? That 'GypsyCrusader' guy who was arrested for saying nigger on Omegle had a channel on BitWave.
He was arrested for being retarded and posting pictures of his load out, which included a 14 inch knife next to his rifle he shouldn't have had because of his felon status, what that knife next to the rifle did was show that he had a Short Barrelled Rifle without a tax stamp that he couldn't get because he was a felon and thus he got no knocked.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
@AnOminous How fucked are they?
This is an insanely technical area of law and you're in almost as good a position to guess as I am. I can't really shoot from the hip on the merits of the claim, but it often has a lot to do with how willing the SEC is to do some hard charging. And selling unregistered securities is a felony. The fact that they're just filing a civil suit doesn't really sound that serious to me.

So my wild guess on the SEC's posture is they just want them to stop doing that and give back any money they stole. A ridiculous number of SEC prosecutions start out huffing and puffing and literally end up exactly like that. This is why there's so much utterly sketchy securities shit, since the penalty is often just giving back the money you stole and saying "sowwy daddy I won't do it again."

I'll also note they're putting all their eggs in one basket by making only one legal claim, violation of the Securities Act by selling unregistered securities. That means they're either really sure they're right on that one, or they're half-assing it. I do not know enough about securities to judge it but the behavior described is, again, sketchy as fuck and at the very least, looks like a breach of fiduciary duty to investors and some really sleazy self-dealing, but the SEC might not be able to sue them for that directly. The investors would have to do that, and the SEC is already doing it for them.

I have no idea how it ends up. Probably with a settlement like most of this bullshit. I honestly wonder if Bitwave didn't even know what they were doing was illegal. You know, these tech bros and their "disrupting" shit.

The only thing where I think they're really fucked (and so are their investors) is if they have already blown through all their money, can't pay whatever settlement happens, and go bankrupt. In that case, it's basically Bitwave ceases to exist as a going concern. But I don't think they're fucked as in federal pound me in the ass prison, just going broke fucked.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I made a new thread for the crypto.

Essentially, LBRY critically blundered with its marketing. LBRY was a p2p decentralized file sharing protocol, the crypto which underpinned it, and the front-end centralized platform called LBRY.tv which helped promote the ecosystem to users without the desktop app.

At some point recently, LBRY.tv rebranded as Odysee to help ease confusion about if the token was truly decentralized or not. Too little too late: the SEC is now filing charges for them to be a security.

Simply Outplayed

kiwifarms.net
Runs like shit.

PPP has done two streams on Odysee so far. It doesn't save the stream when you do it so the stream either has to be recorded locally or it's gone forever. When the stream is recorded locally and uploaded it exists in the same URL as the initial stream did. I think it ends up using bitwave to play it back somehow because it will randomly stop a new video on that persons Odysee channel will autoplay. This happened 4 times trying to watch an episode of This Week in Cuckada.

MeltyTW

kiwifarms.net
so you have an alt tech site and you keep devaluing your coin to give more and more to a selfish sea rat gunt thats dumping it to keep himself afloat when you encounter trouble, on the other side youre an alt right simp paying ethan to NOT support alt tech, to bury alt tech, and to constantly support and give more and more power to big tech platforms like twitter and youtube. this is sad. this is the ultimate cuckold, every party including gunt the onlyfans camera operator himself is cucking out and bending over to have their dignity fisted.