Offal - Organ Meats aren't awful when done right -

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
kiwifarms.net
I recently tried to cook a cow liver, but I either didn't do it right, or I hate liver.
I'd be willing to give it another shot with a better recipe, though.
Try lamb's liver, I love that stuff. Dynastia has a recipe in the recipes thread:
1. Lamb's Liver
2. Flour
3. Bacon
4. Onion
5. Instant Gravy
6. Water
7. Oil

Chop valves and connective tissue and assorted gross shit out of liver. Slice into half-inch thick slices. Dice onion and bacon. Lightly flour the liver slices. Pan-sear a couple minutes until rare (press with fork only a few droplets of blood should ooze out). Remove. Fry onion and bacon until bacon is crispy and onion is golden. Make a jug of instant gravy. Put liver back in and pour gravy in. Simmer 2 minutes.
You cannot go wrong with that. Personally I fry the bacon first so you can cook the liver in the piggy grease.

Stuffed lamb's hearts are also mighty fine.

• Informative
Reactions: heathercho

huckbeine

Shuten came home!!!
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, I would love to introduce to you people the wonderful world of eatinng barbecued offals. All of them are very good beer food.

when I pass by a barbecue stall on my way home from work, I usually buy a stick or two. they are extremely good when dipped with spiced vinegar. and they cost 10 cents usd equivalent a stick. I introduce to you, the helmet (chicken head), isaw baboy (pork intestines), tenga(pork ear) and isaw (chicken intestines)

we are not over yet, one of the cheapest barbecue is the betamax ( grilled congealed pork blood jelly )

and my favorite food, Dinuguan (pork blood stew)

• Thunk-Provoking

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Marinated pork ears are a tasty Chiuchau coldcut: two layers of gelatinous skin with a crunchy cartilage center.

The best offal for barbecue is chicken gizzard (often wrongly called "kidneys").

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking

Clovis

Hitler's extreme haunted shark pyramids
kiwifarms.net
Liver, kidneys, blood sausage, tongue - all good. I draw the line at cheap burgers and sausages though, i assume theyre made of spines, labia and rectums.

Speaking of which, I once accidentally ate a Chinese pig bowel dish and now I have to live with the fact I am familiar with the taste of pig shit.

Anyone else looking forward to a future where we can grow our own transplant organs in labs and people like the posters in this thread just use them to make pies?

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
When I was young Beef neck, Beef tail, Etc, were the cheapest cuts of meat, but over the years they gone up in price. To the point it is not worth my time to even go back to those types of meat/organs/whatever. I'll stick with my ribs and eye of round steak as cheap cuts of meat.

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else looking forward to a future where we can grow our own transplant organs in labs and people like the posters in this thread just use them to make pies?
This is the subject of Brandon Cronenberg's film Antiviral; people paying high prices to indulge in steaks grown from the cells of celebrities.

Content: the most upmarket animal offal in cuisine might be the Hasmar, the oviduct of a certain species of frog. It is used in desserts but has no taste of its own.

• Informative
Reactions: Clovis

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, I would love to introduce to you people the wonderful world of eatinng barbecued offals. All of them are very good beer food.

when I pass by a barbecue stall on my way home from work, I usually buy a stick or two. they are extremely good when dipped with spiced vinegar. and they cost 10 cents usd equivalent a stick. I introduce to you, the helmet (chicken head), isaw baboy (pork intestines), tenga(pork ear) and isaw (chicken intestines)
View attachment 759475
we are not over yet, one of the cheapest barbecue is the betamax ( grilled congealed pork blood jelly )
View attachment 759476
View attachment 759478
The congealed pork blood cubes I enjoy very much. It's like tofu consistency but much richer flavor. They also have these duck-blood rice cubes that are very good, but chewy and sticky, with a more starchy flavor from the rice.

huckbeine

Shuten came home!!!
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, some ameriburgers I know treat pigs legs as offal, despite the leg is usually used for ham. or they only eat it if its roasted
With proper preparation, pig's leg can be more luxurious feast than roast chicken and very easy to cook. Pig's leg is great because it is mostly muscle, and the fat and skin are thinner than the fat in belly.

Here is my personal recipe for Pata Tim (pig leg stew)
1 pig leg
1 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 spoon of brown sugar
1/4 cup rice wine
300 ml coke
1 whole garlic crushed
salt
onions
1 bunch of bokchoy
shiitake mushrooms

Preparation:
1st is find a big pot, enough to put the whole pig's leg flat on its surface, put enough water in the pot to fill enough over the pigs leg, put 5-10 spoons of salt, mix salt in the water, then boil the leg for 20-30 minutes on high. we have to do this so the scummy fat of the pig's leg is left on the water, and a lot of purines (that thing has lots of uric acid) will be left on the water. remove the leg, then throw away the water.

Cooking:
use the pot again and mix the 1 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, the coke, and garlic and 1 whole onion sliced. season more to your taste if you like, but that is my mixture. bring it to boil and then put the leg in. and slow boil it for 1.5 hours to 2 hours, turn the meat over every 30 minutes. you will know if the meat is done when the meat falls apart from the bone when you try to fork it. when it is almost done, slice the bottom of the bokchoy and put it in the pot and add the mushrooms and boil it for 5 minutes.

Serve.
If you do it right, the fat will be enough to thicken the mixture making it a very good sauce and your dish will look something like this.

Dr. Boe Jangles Esq.

Original Prick
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 759475
View attachment 759476
View attachment 759478
As long as we're on the topic of pig blood, I'd recommend this recipe for anyone looking to make a bit of an impression on dinner guests. Sanguinaccio Dolce is a sweetened chocolate pudding made from the blood of pigs, and is a yearly tradition in certain parts of Italy following the slaughter of pigs. While the idea may seem a bit odd, the savoriness of the blood adds a salty/sweet deal to the whole affair, and the slight iron notes in the blood make the chocolate stand more boldly. If you like sea salt dark chocolate, this is an absolute must try:

Sanguinaccio dolce
  • 1 litre of fresh tard cum (goddamn wordfilter, ok, look, it's cow juice, and use whole, not 2% or skim)
  • 1 litre of fresh pig’s blood (not as hard to get as you think, check for an upscale butcher shop or certain ethnic stores)
  • 500 grams of dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
  • 500 grams of sugar
  • Cinnamon, optional
  • Grated rind of 1 orange, optional
In a large pot, heat the tard cum and the blood together over a low heat. When it is warm, add the sugar and stir to dissolve, then the dark chocolate, broken into pieces. The mixture shouldn’t boil but heat and cook steadily, while you stir constantly. As the chocolate melts and the blood cooks, the mixture will begin to get thick and heavy like a custard. Add the cinnamon and orange (if using, and I recommend you do), take off the heat and serve warm in cups (or if you have time, hollowed orange peels) with ladyfinger cookies.

1558153859098.png

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino