Off-Topic Oh, Canada! - A place to post about Timbits, hockey, moose, and maple syrup.

sixthwave

Here for the ☕️
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
A bit of cross over but it makes me seriously laugh how JY rags on immigrants but takes up so much emergency resources. There was a huge backlash a couple years ago about new residents using the ER as a walk-in clinic and then there we have JY doing the same god damn thing.

malucifer

kiwifarms.net
A bit of cross over but it makes me seriously laugh how JY rags on immigrants but takes up so much emergency resources. There was a huge backlash a couple years ago about new residents using the ER as a walk-in clinic and then there we have JY doing the same god damn thing.
Brazilian immigrants to Canada always - ALWAYS - complain about how "humiliating" and "wrong" and "bad practice" it is to force people with medical concerns that are totally not emergencies to go to walk-in clinics instead of the ER, and then being made wait long hours when they choose to go to the ER regardless. :story: Not sure about other groups, I choose to interact with people based on how nice they are, the exception for a while was Brazilians since I was born in Brazil and there was a push for me to "act" Brazilian, meet Brazilians, etc. Stopped it when I got called a "dirty Jew" lol Now people don't insist for me to meet Brazilians anymore.

BSV

Vidar Viking Elvi
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this applies to Canada. But in Norway we have free universal healthcare. Except it isn't. We pay even when we visit the ER or are picked up by an ambulance. It's just a fraction of the price of the actual costs. But it is enough to prevent stupid, poor or greedy people. Not to exploit the system. If you can get drugs, and alcohol you would rather do that then to bother a a boring doctor who says there is nothing wrong with you. Free healthcare means soviet healthcare. Unless there is something seriously wrong and, or you are poor. It is generally not something you desire.

In yanivs case it's just a person with a mental disorder and that is obsessed with himself and getting attention. He is a disturbed man, but in the eyes of the government not enough to be forcefully committed. Which probably means not really suicidal and only a pest as well. Which brings me to my question. Is there not a deductible in the Canadian healthcare system? Is it always free of charge?

• Feels
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Sevenatenine

kiwifarms.net
Not really a deductible. Ambulance rides cost money, but if you have extended medical insurance, you don't pay. It has been suggested that jessica is on some form of benefits.

A lot of pieces of health care are NOT free, but it is kind of complicated.

Most people accept that a small number of system abusers is ok if you can get health care when you really need it.

There are problems, but Canadians are pretty committed to health care as an institution.

malucifer

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this applies to Canada. But in Norway we have free universal healthcare. Except it isn't. We pay even when we visit the ER or are picked up by an ambulance. It's just a fraction of the price of the actual costs. But it is enough to prevent stupid, poor or greedy people. Not to exploit the system. If you can get drugs, and alcohol you would rather do that then to bother a a boring doctor who says there is nothing wrong with you. Free healthcare means soviet healthcare. Unless there is something seriously wrong and, or you are poor. It is generally not something you desire.

In yanivs case it's just a person with a mental disorder and that is obsessed with himself and getting attention. He is a disturbed man, but in the eyes of the government not enough to be forcefully committed. Which probably means not really suicidal and only a pest as well. Which brings me to my question. Is there not a deductible in the Canadian healthcare system? Is it always free of charge?
In British Columbia we pay a monthly charge, but not much and depends on the income - if it's below a certain threshold it's possible not to have to pay, but above that people pay variable amounts. It's also the only Canadian province to charge at all (by which I mean outside of income taxes).

Edit: here - "Monthly Premium Rates"

• Informative
Reactions: Koby_Fish and BSV

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino