One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who is Rockstar? I know I know. I'm just making a joke like miscoloured Marco the Phoenix.
you might be the only person who knows who that is

not even oda remembers that loser existed

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why did Funimation go with the mistranslation he initially had?
Because that's what his name was translated as up until the chapters before the timeskip gave it as "Shiliew".
And what his name reverted to as of chapter 924 (his latest appearance), so who knows what the deal is there.

TrippinKahlua

CEO - Alexander Edison Prins-Stairs Esquire III
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, Im got a good adaptation. And as usual time for my overthinking.

- He is holding some sort of object in the Butterfly Flower Room. It kinda reminds me of a modern day smartphone...
- We get a much better look at his crown. And its exactly three points on it and they rise at slight angles. His cape is incredibly long and I still maintain that this is how he actually looks and isn't in anymore shadows. We had a closeup of his waist as he was sitting down. That looked like clothing to me.
- Noticeably, nobody name dropped him. It seems as if Oda wants us to continue the debate on how to really pronounce his name (I say like "him" but with no H) and to wonder more on what he is based on. I feel he is supposed to represent what our universe thinks of as the Illuminati. Similar aliteration.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to bounce this idea off on @Trombonista, @TrippinKahlua, and any other big One Piece fan who's interested: Jewelry Bonney's ability to change her age isn't a Devil Fruit power.

Every other Devil Fruit ability in the series changes the clothes of the user by default. Oda doesn't change shit like this for no reason. Bonney's clothes staying unchanged from her transformations must mean something beyond quirkiness.

She might still have a Devil Fruit power, but if so, her age-changing powers aren't it.

KingofNothing

kiwifarms.net
I'd like to bounce this idea off on @Trombonista, @TrippinKahlua, and any other big One Piece fan who's interested: Jewelry Bonney's ability to change her age isn't a Devil Fruit power.

Every other Devil Fruit ability in the series changes the clothes of the user by default. Oda doesn't change shit like this for no reason. Bonney's clothes staying unchanged from her transformations must mean something beyond quirkiness.

She might still have a Devil Fruit power, but if so, her age-changing powers aren't it.
I like this theory a lot. Oda himself did say that clothes change with the user if only so we don't have a bunch of naked people in the story. Purposely changing that rule for Bonney has to mean something

Today is Toto and Genzo's birthday!
I hope we cut back to Cocoyasi Village sometime soon, Genzo is a good dad and maybe he updated Nami's poster
C0785.png

Reactions: Trombonista

TrippinKahlua

CEO - Alexander Edison Prins-Stairs Esquire III
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I kinda wonder why the anime went and didn't name drop Im.

Has Oda, who unlike many other mangaka, has more pull over the anime, asked that they didn't name him because he decided he shouldn't have done so in the first release?

This character has really intrigued me more than Big Mom.

neural

MovieBahb ォ運ム
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I kinda wonder why the anime went and didn't name drop Im.

Has Oda, who unlike many other mangaka, has more pull over the anime, asked that they didn't name him because he decided he shouldn't have done so in the first release?

This character has really intrigued me more than Big Mom.
Name-dropped him as in saying his name?

If so, then they did do it in the exact same scene as the manga.

Trombonista

Merger of the Double Posts
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today's the birthday of Amadob, one of Whitebeard's affiliates.

Also, it's now been a year since I got my copy of Blue Deep, which is what inspired me to do these birthday shout-outs.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino