One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

That was an odd twist I guess. I always liked the Idea of Kanjuro being the traitor and that he is really a good artist that is just screwing around with bad art as a cover, even if it ruins the gag of "Person with the Art Art fruit is the worst artist" also Robin will be heartbroken she thought all his drawings were cute for some reason.

The Reason behind it and the excuse as to why he would let himself be boiled alive is dumb though.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait what the fuck? Kanjuro was the traitor this whole time???

So... he stayed behind on Dressrosa on purpose for a more sinister reason since Doflamingo and Kaido are connected through SMILE?

Bruh. Did he do something behind the scenss in Dreassrosa, then?

• Autistic
Reactions: DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Trombonista

Uh-oh. Buckle up, bitch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That was an odd twist I guess. I always liked the Idea of Kanjuro being the traitor and that he is really a good artist that is just screwing around with bad art as a cover, even if it ruins the gag of "Person with the Art Art fruit is the worst artist" also Robin will be heartbroken she thought all his drawings were cute for some reason.

The Reason behind it and the excuse as to why he would let himself be boiled alive is dumb though.
Art-Art Fruit is the name of Giolla's Devil Fruit. What's the name of Kanjuro's Devil Fruit?

• Autistic

Just_a_Bored_Guy

kiwifarms.net
Art-Art Fruit is the name of Giolla's Devil Fruit. What's the name of Kanjuro's Devil Fruit?
Probably something like Draw-Draw or Animate-Animate. And no, @Honka Honka Burning Love, it hasn't been named.

EDIT: More PW4 stuff: trailers for Bartolomeo and Cavendish have been released, Shanks and (dual-powered) Teach are confirmed, and that magazine that has been leaking characters (I think it's Famitsu) has revealed that pre and post-timeskip versions of Eustass Kid will be playable.

Last edited:

Argh My Cigar

Knoxville World's Fair 1983
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For a nation that’s supposedly the most isolated in the world, they sure do have a ton of Devil Fruits. I wonder if Wano has some sort of connection to the true origin of the fruits since the Kozuki clan were also the ones who built the poneglyphs.

• Autistic
For a nation that’s supposedly the most isolated in the world, they sure do have a ton of Devil Fruits. I wonder if Wano has some sort of connection to the true origin of the fruits since the Kozuki clan were also the ones who built the poneglyphs.
They probably had a few when they closed up, which would stay in the country presumably.

Edit : I would love if they just straight up called it the Anime-Anime Fruit

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Wait what the fuck? Kanjuro was the traitor this whole time???

So... he stayed behind on Dressrosa on purpose for a more sinister reason since Doflamingo and Kaido are connected through SMILE?

Bruh. Did he do something behind the scenss in Dreassrosa, then?
There are some hints looking back that he was the traitor all along.
  • Is captured in Dressrosa...but can get out by using his fruit no problem...so doesn't seem to actually be imprisoned.
  • Jack turns up at Zou looking for Raizo and Raizo only...how did he know that it was only Raizo there and not several samurai who fled Wano? The only Samurai who would know that and be able to pass that information would be Kanjuro, as he's "captured" on Dressrosa.
  • Straw Hat women decide to go to the bath, only Brook and Kanjuro know they are going (and Sanji, who's really just there to peek), suddenly Drake and Hawkins appears looking for them.
Edit: He's basically some deep cover method actor from my read of it. Someone so engrossed in the role that he truly believes it. The boiling alive and still remaining loyal is dumb imo. He's quite happy to die horribly and still remain loyal.

Let me also say how much I hate Reddit and their smug faggotry. Ask them for foreshadowing of this and get snarked at for not spending my day trawling through the subreddit reading weeaboo theories.

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are some hints looking back that he was the traitor all along.
  • Is captured in Dressrosa...but can get out by using his fruit no problem...so doesn't seem to actually be imprisoned.
When I mentioned this to my brothers, it hit me that Kanjuro may have indeed told Doflamingo everything, especially since he needed a way to contact Kaido/Jack to go to Zou. Methinks this is one of the reasons he's been laughing in his Impel Down cell. Seems everything that's been going on with the World Government and the Emperors has made him so giddy he went mad from it, Well, madder, anyway.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
So next chapter I expect to see the Worst Generation Captain Trio to wreck the pirate ships sent there and take out Kanjuro who is on a small boat. Also expecting Denjiro to make an appearance/play, as he's in charge of the Flower city while Orochi is over in Onigashima and for them all to head off to the island.

Part of me also expects at some point in the story for the Big Mom Pirates who have been separated from BM to come crashing in and attack Kaido's forces, not knowing that BM has decided to team up with him - ends with Kaido and BM turning on each other.

Argh My Cigar

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So next chapter I expect to see the Worst Generation Captain Trio to wreck the pirate ships sent there and take out Kanjuro who is on a small boat. Also expecting Denjiro to make an appearance/play, as he's in charge of the Flower city while Orochi is over in Onigashima and for them all to head off to the island.

Part of me also expects at some point in the story for the Big Mom Pirates who have been separated from BM to come crashing in and attack Kaido's forces, not knowing that BM has decided to team up with him - ends with Kaido and BM turning on each other.
I kinda wanted the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance to take care of the Beasts Pirates on their own. Also shouldn’t Big Mom’s ship have a Den Den Mushi? Her crew would likely try to send out any form of communication to try and locate her exact position. Or she’d call them from the one Kaido has at Onigashima. Either or, I kinda want Kaido to be the major adversary this time around. I still kinda feel like he’s gotten comparatively little depth and development as a character compared to BM. With Big Mom we at least know that the main reason for her wanting to become Pirate King was to unite all races together under her own twisted definition of family, but for Kaido all we really got was “GRRRR I’M BIG HYPE DRAGON. I WANT TO START A WAR ‘CUZ I’M BORED, GRRRR! ALSO I’M DRUNK!”. I’m really hoping that whatever Kaido needs to ask Momonosuke will give us more insight on him and his motivations. It seems like he basically spent the entire duration of his time as a Yonkou occupying Wano. There must be a damn good reason for that; beyond resources or even the added layer of isolation from the WG. I don’t think it’ll be another Road Poneglyph but we’ll see.

Also i reaaally hope Jinbe shows up soon so we can get his kanpai and officially induct him into the SHP.

• Autistic

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
After watching the new episode I decided to go back and watch scenes from Zou. Really puts certain scenes in a new light knowing what we know now from this weeks chapter.
What a choice of animal to climb up Zou, a pathetic looking dragon that kinda looks like Momonosuke, Note how Kinemon is visibly pissed that he chose a dragon.

You guys tell me, is he trying to be funny here, or trying to commit murder-suicide with the falling monkey?

Also, calls Momonosuke without honourifics - In Japanese culture it means either they are very close (like the Strawhats) or it's a sign of great disrespect.

• Autistic

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's moments like this that really make me glad I jumped into One Piece when I did. I bet it's much more hard-hitting for long-time fans than a near-three-year fan, but it was still a shocking twist. My brothers were going "Nooooooo" when they read it and their friend said "Goddamn it" lol.

Also are we just going to ignore that @DrRockzosNose linked directly to the page with the twist? You sick bastard.

TrippinKahlua

No other love compares to that of a father and son
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I gotta be honest, I am dying for new English Dub episodes. Call it prejudice @Mr. 0 , but I can just "feel" better for everyone when I can hear the emotion when related in words I can understand. When I hear Roscinante in English, things will fall into place for me. But for real, even if its ten episodes every few months, I'm jonesing so bad!!

I gotta start reading the Official release more. It was soooooo much more easier to follow, and everyone was talking in more coherent sentences and not the Gibberish of the spoilers release. I could follow the Panels much more clearly and notice details I didnt on Friday. Laws ship, the leftover Kanjuro paint, this has gotta be my new fix. Perhaps I will sometime read over the whole arc with this.

• Autistic

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
I gotta start reading the Official release more. It was soooooo much more easier to follow, and everyone was talking in more coherent sentences and not the Gibberish of the spoilers release. I could follow the Panels much more clearly and notice details I didnt on Friday. Laws ship, the leftover Kanjuro paint, this has gotta be my new fix. Perhaps I will sometime read over the whole arc with this.
it's definitely worth waiting a couple extra days for the official release. after the first few post-mangastream chapters I noped right out of the spoiler translations.

Argh My Cigar

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it's definitely worth waiting a couple extra days for the official release. after the first few post-mangastream chapters I noped right out of the spoiler translations.
I always read each arc once or twice over with the official translations. Much more concise and accurate dialogue IMHO. But alas, some of us like myself can't handle the wait and absolutely need to see those spoilers, god damn it!

Tags
None