Oscar Nominations 2018 - Because some people take Hollywood fart sniffing too seriously.

Who's going to be triggered the most?

• REEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOT ENOUGH BLACK PEOPLE!

Votes: 35 23.6%
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOT ENOUGH WOMEN!

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEE! *Film* DIDN'T GET NOMINATED!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEE! SEXUAL ASSAULT!

Votes: 23 15.5%
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEE! TRUMP!

Votes: 65 43.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Hates rehab so damn much
kiwifarms.net
The single time I ever cared about the Oscars was when DiCaprio finally won Best Actor, and even then it was more of the end of the meme than him actually winning.

The Oscars have never been accurate with what will be remembered. Citizen Kane never won Best Picture, it actually lost to How Green Was My Valley. And between the two, people remember and praise Citizen Kane a hell of a lot more. There was also the time when Shakespeare in Love beat out Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line. Or The English Patient beating out Fargo. Dances With Wolves beating Goodfellas.

My point is, the Oscars have always been irrelevant. There's a reason the term Oscar Bait exists.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Golden Globe winner James Franco was not nominated for the Academy, and I’m sure it has nothing to do with news that he fucks 17 year olds.

Well seeing as it came out after nominations closed, I'd say it's more to do with his role being a comedic one.

Dolphin Lundgren

One suave fucker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I read a rumor that apparently in 1993 Leonardo was supposed to win for Gilbert Grape, but they gave it to Tommy Lee Jones because he was more famous.
Apparently.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Hates rehab so damn much
kiwifarms.net
I read a rumor that apparently in 1993 Leonardo was supposed to win for Gilbert Grape, but they gave it to Tommy Lee Jones because he was more famous.
Apparently.
I'd believe it. They pull that shit all the time, though usually they just give the younger actor a Best Supporting Actor nomination, like they did with Al Pacino in The Godfather and Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit, despite both actors basically playing the main character.

When it comes to actors, it's more of a popularity contest than anything.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd believe it. They pull that shit all the time, though usually they just give the younger actor a Best Supporting Actor nomination, like they did with Al Pacino in The Godfather and Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit, despite both actors basically playing the main character.

Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady over Rooney Mara for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo anyone?

Dolphin Lundgren

One suave fucker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It was never confirmed but that was the secret. Leonardo DiCaprio was a nobody then.

Chester Rigby

Eventually relevant. Trust me.
kiwifarms.net
I just want Blade Runner 2049 to win. Just like I wanted Mad Max Fury Road to win.

It's kinda nice when something you like/praise gets recognition.

Fuck all the Me too hypocrites, btw :mad:

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Get Out wins or loses, it’s going to be salty so it’s a win-win for us.

My feelings are it’s not as good as people made it out to be and it’s not Oscar worthy, it’s a diversity nomination. Moonlight was a much better film and deserved the Oscar.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just want Blade Runner 2049 to win. Just like I wanted Mad Max Fury Road to win.

It's kinda nice when something you like/praise gets recognition.

Fuck all the Me too hypocrites, btw :mad:

It's not even nominated fam.

My feelings are it’s not as good as people made it out to be and it’s not Oscar worthy, it’s a diversity nomination. Moonlight was a much better film and deserved the Oscar.

It's not going to win. It'll likely be The Shape Of Water or Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (either one does deserve it to be honest!)

Chester Rigby

Eventually relevant. Trust me.
kiwifarms.net
It's not even nominated fam.

It's up for technical awards!

Edit:
I think Chester was angling for a Best Picture win.

While it would have been nice for this film to be acknowledged in one (or more) of the major categories, I believe it was a lost case since the beginning. I mean, a lot of critics and SJWs were saying things like this about the movie:
It never stood a chance. Not in these times *sigh*

Last edited:

Unattended Baby

Certified proof that babies are idiots 2021 - 2021
kiwifarms.net
The animation category at the oscars is a joke, mainly because animation isn't seen as serious film medium in the United States. Sure, you have Disney who at least try to put out one quality animated film a year; but they are the exception and not the norm. Most animated films are literally intended for young children. I sure someone can name an example, but I can't think of a single American made animated film in the last decade that was intended for an older audience.
I know this comment is a little old, but Beowulf comes to mind.

Dolphin Lundgren

One suave fucker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Get Out started out pretty good and then got boring. I don't get the love for this movie.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
"Come on Dick, this is The Oscars. What's more important than famous people giving each other big dildo statue things for being good liars?"-George Bush: Boy President

Status
Not open for further replies.