Lolcow Patrick Rowberry / scorpion1m / mrrobotwarslover / notarobot - Brony & robot combat community pariah, makes cringey YouTube videos.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A strop? Is that something he said in the video? (If so, I'll admit I haven't sat through much of it and can only understand like every other word.)

edit: I had to look up what "having a strop" was. You're referring to the guy last week who walked out of the set when he lost that fight? I honestly don't know what Pat had to say about that. :lol: That guy got fucked over by his own team who convinced him that using their grabber attachment was a good idea and they ended up losing. He didn't lose to "kids", he lost to a robot that was built by those kids' certifiably crazy religious father.

I was, and no matter the target, he had a tantrum because he lost. Though I will say the robot those kids faced before had a right to throw a wobbler, and those kids are creepy...

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WAITING FOR MORE 2HUS
kiwifarms.net
I've gotta say, I'm rather impressed it's taken this long for there to be a Robot Wars autist thread, RW has been a thing for almost 20 years.

He didn't lose to "kids", he lost to a robot that was built by those kids' certifiably crazy religious father.

The editing didn't help a lot either, but a little off-topic :autism: from me(unless you already know) that team has been building robots for RW since fairly early in the old series, and they've gotten CLOSE to winning a lot but they never have. The choice of grabber basically ruined yet another chance at winning.

:autism:They would still have been beaten in the last round of this though :autism:

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just noticed something, on the review of S9 E1, it seems that one of the Robot fighting teams commented on the vid telling Pat he's full of shit.

(Link for reference.) The guy who built PP3D tries to be supportive (he's commented on previous videos too I think) but I guess when the person making the videos is so blatantly wrong it's hard to not just be blunt.

The thing that Pat is talking about specifically (the probability of the "pit release" button either activating the pit or a house robot) is a joke that came from the satire website BattleBots Update. BBU is responsible for quite a few "memes" that propagate through the robot combat community, and the writer has a recurring bit that the pit button is controlled by the producers and isn't actually random. Most people repeat the jokes from the website with a wink and nod, but it looks like Pat took it at face value a la Chris taking the "Obama's going to paint the White House black" joke literally.

edit: One of Pat's submissions to the MLP subreddit finally got a comment for a change. Too bad it's from a bot that links to episodes on Netflix. Like I said, totally ignored.

Last edited:

MysteriousStranger

literally who
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, I'm just going to come out and say it: I like Pat's content. The "how to make fillies by doing dirty things (nsfw)" is not only totally SFW, it's hilarious. It's a romance and sex video where absolutely everything is loosely wrapped in white paper -- the flowers, the chocolates, the bed, the mare and stallion -- and nothing actually touches anything. Take that, Dadaism.

Keep it up, Pat. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Super Collie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, I'm just going to come out and say it: I like Pat's content. The "how to make fillies by doing dirty things (nsfw)" is not only totally SFW, it's hilarious. It's a romance and sex video where absolutely everything is loosely wrapped in white paper -- the flowers, the chocolates, the bed, the mare and stallion -- and nothing actually touches anything. Take that, Dadaism.

Keep it up, Pat. Don't let the bastards grind you down.
You're forgetting the giant Playdoh and Knex penis, the only object in the whole video that isn't wrapped in toilet paper. What does it mean?

Lefty's Revenge

Sexy Alien Man
kiwifarms.net
some reddit nigga said:
You absolutely do spam. Your reviews are posted to 4 subreddits (downvoted in all of them except your vanity sub no one but you visits) which is spamming. It's like going up to people 4 separate times to say "hey look at this thing I made, look, look, have you noticed?" We noticed, we just don't care for your content. These unliked unfunny unlistenable videos make up the bulk of your contribution to the RAW and BB subs and it gets old, fast. Other than that you post other people's content in a sub if your own creation with no other active users (essentially shouting about the cool thing you found on Deviant art in an empty room).

Other than the content noone else cares for, your contribution to discussion are half-literate grammar free rambling not worth the effort of deciphering.

Nothing you add to the subreddits promotes discussion, nothing you add is of especially high quality. That is why you are treated a a nuisance rather than anything else.

Ill give him this. Anyone who can read this and continue posting videos with that same level of enthusiasm is either completely impervious to negative feedback or so dense they can't even process what they just read.

I know what my gut says but Im just gonna say he takes criticism very well but doesnt apply it at all.

Super Collie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread is probably a goner, so I've got one more update to share before I'll probably forget about this.

Our buddy Pat got another "MLP Box" in the mail recently and these things just keep getting worse and worse:

It's not even a fucking box now, just some mailer bag. Still $10 I'm sure, and for ten bucks you get a shirt and a coloring book. Pat describes the coloring book as "quite nice" even though he's about a decade and a half too old for this kind of stuff.

In Reddit news, Pat is still sharing content to the Robot Wars and BattleBots communities, as well as the MLP subreddits where his content receives no attention. He's posted another video of his Lego Robot Wars which has been received about as well as you'd imagine.

He's also posted this video about Robot Wars:

Pat's content has finally gotten to the point where it's starting to trigger the subreddit regulars because this one guy has a complete meltdown and rants at Pat for like a full two pages. :lol:

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread is probably a goner, so I've got one more update to share before I'll probably forget about this.

Our buddy Pat got another "MLP Box" in the mail recently and these things just keep getting worse and worse:

It's not even a fucking box now, just some mailer bag. Still $10 I'm sure, and for ten bucks you get a shirt and a coloring book. Pat describes the coloring book as "quite nice" even though he's about a decade and a half too old for this kind of stuff.

In Reddit news, Pat is still sharing content to the Robot Wars and BattleBots communities, as well as the MLP subreddits where his content receives no attention. He's posted another video of his Lego Robot Wars which has been received about as well as you'd imagine.

He's also posted this video about Robot Wars:

Pat's content has finally gotten to the point where it's starting to trigger the subreddit regulars because this one guy has a complete meltdown and rants at Pat for like a full two pages. :lol:

:story:

I may need to sign up to reddit just so I can get updates for this board if this thread fails. I love the reactions he gets!

Reynard

I regret nothing.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a strange mix of funny and sad
I think this alone sums up this man in a nutshell, really. While I find myself laughing out of pity, the pity in this laughter is so obvious I almost feel bad laughing. It's almost as if this individual is simply fascinating than downright funny, really. And his obliviousness to it all only adds to that.

Super Collie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think this alone sums up this man in a nutshell, really. While I find myself laughing out of pity, the pity in this laughter is so obvious I almost feel bad laughing. It's almost as if this individual is simply fascinating than downright funny, really. And his obliviousness to it all only adds to that.

Yeah, I tend not to post threads about viscous pedophiles or furry artists who rape dogs. I can appreciate a good Shmorky thread every once in a while but my favorite "cows" are the kinds that are fun to just watch. John Bulla is a pretty good example of this.

Super Collie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So did Pat manage to fart out a video in under an hour?

He did. We have a Twin Galaxies-certified time of 49 minutes for his latest turnaround (Archive), smashing all of his previous times and setting a new world record. It's only fitting that he took the least amount of time to talk about the most important episode of the show. 49 minutes is 11 minutes less than the running time of the show he's talking about.

Best of all Pat's way of weaseling around this was to say that he got to see the episode 'early', which everyone immediately calls bullshit on. (For the record, as Pootigottam points out nobody gets to see the episodes early, not even the top-tier podcasts and reviewers mentioned. Pootigottam also falls for some cheap baitposting in that thread, too.)

Congratulations, @notarobot. You did it!

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He did. We have a Twin Galaxies-certified time of 49 minutes for his latest turnaround (Archive), smashing all of his previous times and setting a new world record. It's only fitting that he took the least amount of time to talk about the most important episode of the show. 49 minutes is 11 minutes less than the running time of the show he's talking about.

Best of all Pat's way of weaseling around this was to say that he got to see the episode 'early', which everyone immediately calls bullshit on. (For the record, as Pootigottam points out nobody gets to see the episodes early, not even the top-tier podcasts and reviewers mentioned. Pootigottam also falls for some cheap baitposting in that thread, too.)

Congratulations, @notarobot. You did it!

:story:

Shine on @notarobot, you crazy dumb bastard!

DougTheNugget

kiwifarms.net
Pat is genuinely fascinating, after finding one of his Robot Wars reviews I found this thread, and thus this website. His hours upon hours of content that solely consists of him talking at a plush pony is both deeply saddening and utterly compelling in the same way a car crash would be.

One piece of content I feel obligated to add to this discussion is his review of the previous season of Robot Wars' final. We are treated to him reacting to his own inner monologue, in which he appears to believe himself to be the primary reason behind the series being revived after over a decade off television. He even goes as far as to contemplate whether or not he has wasted his life with his efforts. It needs to be seen to be truly understood (if that's the right term to use):

Super Collie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not much to report on in the way of Pat. He's still chugging along with his make believe Lego Robot Wars "model making tournament" which he diligently posts about on the /r/RobotWars subreddit. He's up to "heat 9" (think of heats like episodes) and the community is basically revolting against him openly and arguing with the fucking moderators now. Here's the link to Pat's post. (Archive.)

And here's the appeal one user has made and tagged the subreddit moderators in.
mod_revolt.jpg

The rest of the resulting meltdown can be seen HERE. I don't really know who 500500 is as while I read the robot combat subreddits I'm not that well informed with who's who, so I don't know if he's a real builder or just some autist on a power trip who sympathizes with someone else on the spectrum.

Meanwhile the rest of the community has pretty much had enough of scorpion1m and are openly mocking and downvoting his submissions. Here's some links to threads within this submission:

One piece of content I feel obligated to add to this discussion is his review of the previous season of Robot Wars' final. We are treated to him reacting to his own inner monologue, in which he appears to believe himself to be the primary reason behind the series being revived after over a decade off television. He even goes as far as to contemplate whether or not he has wasted his life with his efforts. It needs to be seen to be truly understood (if that's the right term to use):

That opening video is the most work I've seen him put into his reviews, which is still near nothing.

edit: Tagging @notarobot because he lurks here.

Super Collie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Minor update, the moderators of /r/RobotWars have now created an "off season" content policy regarding submissions that are posted outside of normal Robot Wars shooting/airing seasons. This is a form of quality control to help keep the front page of the subreddit interesting for fans of the sport. As you might imagine, this "quality control" might affect the subject of this thread, and you'd be correct. The latest installment of scorpion1m's "Model Making Tournament" (heat #10) is the last one permitted in the community.

/u/David182nd, a moderator of the community, locked Pat's most recent post and shut it down. Pat attempted to appeal the decision citing the shitstorm caused by 500500, but David didn't budge and the post has now been closed.

Either because he wants post karma, or because he's trying to take everyone else down with him, Pat has begun posting links to other people's content.

He also opened up another fucking MLP box (one handed, too, because he's holding ice cream) and got a hat plus some more coloring projects for literal children.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Minor update, the moderators of /r/RobotWars have now created an "off season" content policy regarding submissions that are posted outside of normal Robot Wars shooting/airing seasons. This is a form of quality control to help keep the front page of the subreddit interesting for fans of the sport. As you might imagine, this "quality control" might affect the subject of this thread, and you'd be correct. The latest installment of scorpion1m's "Model Making Tournament" (heat #10) is the last one permitted in the community.

/u/David182nd, a moderator of the community, locked Pat's most recent post and shut it down. Pat attempted to appeal the decision citing the shitstorm caused by 500500, but David didn't budge and the post has now been closed.

Either because he wants post karma, or because he's trying to take everyone else down with him, Pat has begun posting links to other people's content.

He also opened up another fucking MLP box (one handed, too, because he's holding ice cream) and got a hat plus some more coloring projects for literal children.

Heh, I noticed that Pat claimed to talk to the guy who made that mod. Definite karma baiting.

Although I do hope more for a 'Rebel Without A Clue' phase from him, as the rage from that board is infinitely funnier.