People who know their IQ -

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How many people who get into Mensa brag about it, on average? It's probably something to announce if you pass, perhaps even to put on achievements, but if you keep bringing it up afterwards, that makes you a jackass.

I honestly don't remember how you get an official IQ measurement or where, I personally don't care, and the IQ my mom claimed I have was from back in high school, I think. I just remember a discussion I had with her years ago about how having high intelligence is actually a mental disorder much like how having a low IQ is. I mean, it's really not all that unheard of for geniuses or other intelligent people to go insane or have some other issues because the brain chemistry goes out-of-whack. Same goes for their children. Everyone wants a smart child, yes, but then that child's going to go through some shit. It's quite sad, really.

Anyway, have a George Carlin quote. This can also apply towards the douchebags bragging about their IQ.
EE3A6ZPVAAAFHcm.jpg

EDIT: Found the proper clip, actually.

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

We also got cake
kiwifarms.net
I mean, if they actually get an IQ test done, sure, it’s literally your IQ. That being said, a bunch of dumbasses just take an online test, get told they have a high IQ, then walk around thinking they’re hot shit. Real IQ tests are annoying as shit and take several hours. There is physically no way to simulate them, by yourself, on a computer.

When I got tested for ADHD I had to take an IQ test. They said my ‘real IQ’ was 129, but because I have ADHD and short term thinking problems, my ‘acting IQ‘ is 102. Ironic really. I’m smart enough to know that I’m an absolute dumbass.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I generally just assume that assholes on the Internet who brag about their IQ took informal online tests, possibly even that fake Facebook IQ test that gives you (or other people using the same IP address you were using when you took it) an inflated IQ but shows everyone else half that result (i.e. You see 160 IQ, everyone else sees 80).

SickNastyBastard

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I lol'd yesterday when I saw him write is ASVAB score at like 57 (GT score or some shit) but claimed his IQ was 142. I never like to brag about my 15 inch horse cock or my 175 IQ score, but I can't allow pants stuffer Grug to also claim hes a genius like me.

Affluent Reptilian

kiwifarms.net
I mean, if they actually get an IQ test done, sure, it’s literally your IQ. That being said, a bunch of dumbasses just take an online test, get told they have a high IQ, then walk around thinking they’re hot shit. Real IQ tests are annoying as shit and take several hours. There is physically no way to simulate them, by yourself, on a computer.

When I got tested for ADHD I had to take an IQ test. They said my ‘real IQ’ was 129, but because I have ADHD and short term thinking problems, my ‘acting IQ‘ is 102. Ironic really. I’m smart enough to know that I’m an absolute dumbass.
I've never heard of an acting IQ - I've read a fair bit of the literature, so I feel I can say with some confidence it's not a well-developed measure of IQ. In any event, it sounds like you did it as a kid, which does lower the value somewhat in any case - while an IQ measure for children isn't useless it stabilises a lot onec adulthood is reached (the 'Wilson effect').

Reactions: The Empirical Bogey

NIGGER ASS PEE POOPY RAPE

kill authoritarians
kiwifarms.net
gamers get high IQ scores because of our superior quick problem-solving skills and reflexes and hand-eye coordination and shit but in reality we're all unemployable losers with no skills other than bing bing wahooing. I've taken a few serious real life IQ tests and I won't reveal the results here but I will say that it's in the quadruple digits.

Underestimated Nutria

kiwifarms.net
Stephen Hawking's most famous IQ related statement is of course this one, but he did do at least one IQ test: shortly after he started finding himself unsteady on his feet, he had a pretty bad head injury, and was sufficiently worried about the lingering cognitive effects to attempt the Stanford Binet, which he easily aced (4 sigma). His actual IQ would require either a test geared to the higher end of the scale, or, less accurately, to have been administered in adolescence so that it could have be scaled up to accommodate for mental age (this is how one has all the people who supposedly have IQs of 200 or whatever).

gamers get high IQ scores because of our superior quick problem-solving skills and reflexes and hand-eye coordination and shit but in reality we're all unemployable losers with no skills other than bing bing wahooing. I've taken a few serious real life IQ tests and I won't reveal the results here but I will say that it's in the quadruple digits.
Fast reflexes are highly correlated to IQ in themselves; even better than brain size, etc. Scarily, reflexes are much, much slower today than they were in the past. Galton's data suggests we've probably lost an average fifteen points of IQ, which up till now has been hidden by the Flynn Effect (better nutrition, education, familiarity with IQ type problems).

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

We also got cake
kiwifarms.net
I've never heard of an acting IQ - I've read a fair bit of the literature, so I feel I can say with some confidence it's not a well-developed measure of IQ. In any event, it sounds like you did it as a kid, which does lower the value somewhat in any case - while an IQ measure for children isn't useless it stabilises a lot onec adulthood is reached (the 'Wilson effect').
Nah I did this like a year and a half ago. I can check the exact terminology they used later

dinoman

🐹🐹awoo🐹🐹
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I took 2 randomized IQ tests, the first one gave me a 112, the second one 105, so I imagine my real iq is somewhere in the middle. That's about what I expected tbh; pretty average.

Underestimated Nutria

kiwifarms.net
Nah I did this like a year and a half ago. I can check the exact terminology they used later
He's right, there's no such thing as "acting IQ", but I think I know what you mean.

The current best model for intelligence is John Carroll's "three stratum theory". "g" is what we get when we try to derive a single underlying thing that explains performance on disparate tasks performed by various individuals; some tasks are heavily g loaded (math) and some not very g loaded at all (memorization). But g is derived from a bunch of (in Carroll's model, 8) things: most importantly, short term memory and mental speed; less importantly, sensory speed, general learning and memory, etc. These abilities themselves are dependent on something like thirty or forty other factors. Look up factor analysis in respect to g if you are interested.

I expect there was a big difference between your IQ and some less G loaded subtest scores. This is usually a sign of autism (not joking).

Tags
None