• "Stalking is a much more nuanced and deeper issue than you all think."

Disaster Pikachu speaks full blown English in a new movieAnd the patrons literally go "oh!?"

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Rumpled Foreskin, Nov 13, 2017.

Forum Guidelines
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  1. Dexter narrated the entire short, but he only translated a few lines. The Pikachu shorts all mainly rely on pantomime with Meowth occasionally repeating things for the audience in the moments he's not being treated as a punching bag.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya "Paper cuts across the skin of your nipples."

kiwifarms.is
  2. Would be pretty good in the Japanese version if Pikachu still spoke English so Ash still couldn't understand him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.is
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya "Paper cuts across the skin of your nipples."

kiwifarms.is
  3. I'm not so sure the people in the audience freaking out are autists, I think they're more likely to be parents taking their kids to the movie. They probably remember Pokemon from when they were kids and watch it once in awhile so were surprised at Pikachu talking. Real fans would have already known that Pikachu speaks in the Japanese version. Also, the guys voices sound more bro-y and don't have that autistic lisp or tone.
    I eagerly await 1,000 optimistic ratings.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    melty

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. What does that sound like? But yeah, the people in the theater sounded pretty "normal."

• Agree Agree x 1
    ToroidalBoat

ToroidalBoat Token Hispanic Friend
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  5. Watch a Linkara vid and you'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. Well adjusted adults don't scream obscenities in the theater over a cartoon.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    PurpleDude

PurpleDude The Purpleest Dude In The West

kiwifarms.is
  7. What about if a parent takes their small daughter to the My Little Pony movie, sees the audience members and yells 'WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?' in surprise?

• Winner Winner x 2
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  8. They aren't screaming because of the cartoon itself though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    PurpleDude

PurpleDude The Purpleest Dude In The West

kiwifarms.is
  9. OK, if they watch the film and yell 'WHAT THE HELL? I PAID 30 BUCKS FOR THIS SHIT?'?

• DRINK DRINK x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  10. Believe it or not they might. I used to go to conventions and some of the most excited responses to cosplay was usually from normies walking by who had no idea there was a convention but wanted to shout out "GOKU IS MY HOMEBOY YO, DBZ IS THE SHIIIIT HIGH FIVE"

• Like Like x 1
    melty

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is