Pizza Party Podcast - Guys Circle-Jerking Over Kids Cartoons

Who Do You Think is the Worst Person on the Pizza Party Podcast?

• Total voters

dialeck

kiwifarms.net
Well thanks to Pan I definitely know what not to do:
Don’t be a fanboy, criticize the stuff you like beyond the shallow “This specific thing annoys me.”
Don’t rely on YouTube for anything except exposure.
Don’t surround yourself with others who are just as lazy and apathetic as you are.
And finally, if you have something embarrassing or cringeworthy to say, keep your mouth shut. Your friends may not mind, but executives and studio heads will if they consider hiring you.
Edit: Thank you for the tags.

Last edited:

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
So Pan is on this site?
I honestly used to love his content. He was my favorite back in the early 2010s, and he definitely had an impact on my sense of humor. Some of his best episodes were definitely up back in my elementary school/ middle school days. The MLP review, The Fiona and Cake review, etc.. I used to listen to his podcasts a bunch, which is likely why I now love audio content to chill to while playing games. It started with Pan back in 2014.

In saying this, I gave up on him in 2015-2016 as his content just got boring. The podcasts started feeling the same. I think one parody put it best by saying it is essentially Nolan talks about Symbionic Titan, Pan shares weird family stories, Ken is there. Also Jim shows up sometimes. I was not around long enough to see Izzy or the guests though. I feel like his actual content also got worse in his partnership with Frederator. You used to never know when he would upload, now it is once a week. Fun at first, but much of the early passions of that 2010-2013 run felt lost. There just was not as much quotability and jokes that stick out anymore. He feels like SML, sure the production is better, but the passion and simple humor of the early years is gone.

I came back in 2017, I believe, and his Toy Story video was a train wreck. His early gameplay videoes were not great, but there was at least some entertainment, now most of them just feel depressing. Even the Sonic one with his girlfriend made me uncomfortable.

Honestly, Pan is talented and funny, but he really needs to clean himself up. He is falling into many of the traps of other respected animation critics of his time, such as Enter and Ben. At this point, it feels like PieGuyRulz is the only normal animation critic, but he is so boring that I just gave up on this subculture years ago.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I don't follow the podcast, but I love RebelTaxi’s videos.

If you are reading this Pan, please contact me, this fellow millennial would love to wax nostalgic about the early 2000s with you.

Seriously, I thought I would be the only one to remember Whacked on the original Xbox, the fact that you made a video talking about that game just blows my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Carlton
I don't follow the podcast, but I love RebelTaxi’s videos.

If you are reading this Pan, please contact me, this fellow millennial would love to wax nostalgic about the early 2000s with you.

Seriously, I thought I would be the only one to remember Whacked on the original Xbox, the fact that you made a video talking about that game just blows my mind.

Speaking of which, Microsoft, please re-release Whacked on XBOX ONE or XSX with online multiplayer, you don’t even have to remaster it, just give us the online multiplayer back so we don’t have to use LAN tunneling software like XLink Kai.

Reactions: Dom Cruise

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of which, Microsoft, please re-release Whacked on XBOX ONE or XSX with online multiplayer, you don’t even have to remaster it, just give us the online multiplayer back so we don’t have to use LAN tunneling software like XLink Kai.

The game is still so much fun with bots, that I can't imagine how much fun it'd be online (since I never got the opportunity to actually play it online)

It's definitely one of the more underrated games out there, I remember the video game magazine I was reading at the time didn't even bother to give it a review at all, which is unfair.

dialeck

kiwifarms.net
So Pan is on this site?
I honestly used to love his content. He was my favorite back in the early 2010s, and he definitely had an impact on my sense of humor. Some of his best episodes were definitely up back in my elementary school/ middle school days. The MLP review, The Fiona and Cake review, etc.. I used to listen to his podcasts a bunch, which is likely why I now love audio content to chill to while playing games. It started with Pan back in 2014.

In saying this, I gave up on him in 2015-2016 as his content just got boring. The podcasts started feeling the same. I think one parody put it best by saying it is essentially Nolan talks about Symbionic Titan, Pan shares weird family stories, Ken is there. Also Jim shows up sometimes. I was not around long enough to see Izzy or the guests though. I feel like his actual content also got worse in his partnership with Frederator. You used to never know when he would upload, now it is once a week. Fun at first, but much of the early passions of that 2010-2013 run felt lost. There just was not as much quotability and jokes that stick out anymore. He feels like SML, sure the production is better, but the passion and simple humor of the early years is gone.

I came back in 2017, I believe, and his Toy Story video was a train wreck. His early gameplay videoes were not great, but there was at least some entertainment, now most of them just feel depressing. Even the Sonic one with his girlfriend made me uncomfortable.

Honestly, Pan is talented and funny, but he really needs to clean himself up. He is falling into many of the traps of other respected animation critics of his time, such as Enter and Ben. At this point, it feels like PieGuyRulz is the only normal animation critic, but he is so boring that I just gave up on this subculture years ago.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I had the near exact experience with Pan‘s content of discovering his stuff in 2013-14 and loving it. But I think he got better with Fredirator and his new schedule, especially with the Review Raffles. However, around 2017-2018 is where the decline began, with it fully taking hold around this year. It’s not really his content that bothers me but more of his “apathetic“ attitude. There where two videos in a row this year (most notably the Undergrads one) where he said he was going to talk about a certain character or topic but never gets around to it.

I think Pan’s problem right now is that he’s on autopilot. He already has the experience of making well edited videos with crude commentary so he just takes a topic and puts it in the mill. I remember when he was genuinely passionate about the stuff he covered (MLP, Gurren Laugen, Regular Show, etc.). But it just seems that he doesn't care anymore. He’s still a good content maker, but he just doesn’t have the same energy he had last decade.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I had the near exact experience with Pan‘s content of discovering his stuff in 2013-14 and loving it. But I think he got better with Fredirator and his new schedule, especially with the Review Raffles. However, around 2017-2018 is where the decline began, with it fully taking hold around this year. It’s not really his content that bothers me but more of his “apathetic“ attitude. There where two videos in a row this year (most notably the Undergrads one) where he said he was going to talk about a certain character or topic but never gets around to it.

I think Pan’s problem right now is that he’s on autopilot. He already has the experience of making well edited videos with crude commentary so he just takes a topic and puts it in the mill. I remember when he was genuinely passionate about the stuff he covered (MLP, Gurren Laugen, Regular Show, etc.). But it just seems that he doesn't care anymore. He’s still a good content maker, but he just doesn’t have the same energy he had last decade.

I’m with you on him improving, I personally wasn’t big on his earlier content, felt more crude & unrefined
But his new stuff has also been abit more autopilot
I can kinda understand given the recent thing I heard of with his house being flooded or some shit

Reactions: Literally Whojak?

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net

I always though Pan was better in his later early years. 2014 was still a good year, but many of the reviews in the time period of 2012-2013 were the best on the channel and had some of the best quotes. I think my favorites were the Panty & Stocking, MLP, Adventure Time Fiona & Cake, Adventure Time Kaboom comics, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL, and Powerpuff Girls reviews. They just had this sense of humor to them that I feel is missing in his later work. I think the unrefined nature and less history/analysis heavy video style benefitted him. I just remember so many gags and lines from the videoes:

”The Fun will never end. Oh no it just did buddy, bend over I’m going to make my own fun”

”We don’t slut shame here, we slut appreciate.”

”Next Adventure Time episode, Ice King opens up a bicycle shop and invites underaged Princess Bubblegum to the back, but there are no bikes, only Zool.”

“ThE CoNtRoLs MaKe iT sO hArD To GeT yOuR fOoTiNg, Do YoU HaVe To UsE yOuR hAnDs, It’S lIkE a BaBy’S tOy, MY MOM DIDN’T GET ME AN IPHONE FOR CHRIST-MAS!
- And that is why I think women shouldn’t be allowed to play video games in the 21st century”

I kinda miss his old style where it felt more like he was just making fun of things with some actual criticism in between like AVGN, rather than this new history and facts approach. He just feels dull now, and very few jokes seem to land, but maybe that is just me.

Vetti

Happy Holidays!
kiwifarms.net
I've liked Pan's main videos for years and liked the podcast as well until 2017. In 2016 they had some really solid sizeable guests like SomeCallMeJohnny, IHE, Blameitonjorge, etc. As 2017 went on though the guests more often than not became nobodies that Nolan just booked because he and the guests were friends. That along with Izzy's entire being and Jim's shrinking presence turned me off of listening eventually.

I really wish this thread was in Internet Famous. I feel like it doesn't get the love or attention it deserves being relegated to multimedia.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I like how he highlights a lot of really obscure shit

Again, it boggles my mind to think of anyone remembering Whacked!, I would have assumed that game to be totally forgotten by everyone but me, I was also glad to see him spotlight Brute Force on the original Xbox.

But he's introduced me to 2000s stuff even I've never heard of like Spike TV's The Ultimate Gamer, which was such a great snapshot of what gaming culture used to be.

Or those MTV music videos using game character models, which I think I did hear about, but never really saw.

I learned recently that Pan is only two years younger than me (I thought he was a little younger) so it makes a lot of sense why he's nostalgic for the same eras I'm nostalgic for.

Just_a_Bored_Guy

World's Bestest Devil
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Haley Mancini, a crew member on Powerpuff Girls 2016, had this to say about Pan's original comments on the show.
https://twitter.com/HaleyMancini/status/1300622011144654850 (a)
Pan apologized because he seems to really hate conflict (and because he calmed down about the show since his video).
https://twitter.com/RebelTaxi/status/1300632854636961793 (a)
Also he still can't talk about the reboot he helped with.
https://twitter.com/RebelTaxi/status/1300999464316997632 (a)
How is it that Pan is somehow acting more professional and being less condescending, whiny, and cringy about the situation than the actual industry professional?

Basil II

the supreme enlightened, the illumined one
kiwifarms.net
Haley Mancini, a crew member on Powerpuff Girls 2016, had this to say about Pan's original comments on the show.
Pan apologized because he seems to really hate conflict (and because he calmed down about the show since his video).
lmao haley mancini was some dumb thot maddox was simping for awhile back.

• Informative
Reactions: Toolbox

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
For some reason, the thing that I dislike the most about this is how she hopped in on that tweet like she was going "no, you don't deserve to talk about the CN diner" instead of just starting her own thread. I also don't remember Pan really going after any staff members on the shows he talked about in particular (like for example Mr Enter used to do). No idea what he wrote on his tumblr though. But I guess he apologized so now all the accusations are "true" anyway.

Shouldn't be here

kiwifarms.net
God I miss Ken. God I miss the old podcasts. Jim,Pan,Ken and Nolan were great together. Still it is what it is. The podcast has not been fun in like what 2 years? I would like to blame it all on Izzy but I really can not. Nolan imo just became too much of an asshole. Izzy is annoying sure but there were some episodes with her that were good. But god damn does Nolan like being annoying. I hope he changes since he changed once already but who knows. I truly do wish they would do an episode with Ken,Nolan,Pan and Jim again with a topic. Maybe invite some of the old guests who werent exposed as major assholes.

dummybone

Sargon took the fucking kids
kiwifarms.net
Was Pan even that harsh to the PPG 2016 reboot? I remember him being mad and saying that it sucks but he never pulled a Mr. Enter and started calling out writers. This chick just seems like she wants sympathy points and singled him out.

Anderson's Phone

1-800-FAT TITS
kiwifarms.net
One of my favorite things Pan showed was in his Comicon 2018 video where he apparently got a fan letter from a mom who thought he was Mr.Enter. It's probably fake, or someone trolling him, but still made me laugh.

Attachments

• Pan Is Mr.Enter according to Karen.png
    Pan Is Mr.Enter according to Karen.png
    457.4 KB · Views: 101