Pizza Party Podcast - Guys Circle-Jerking Over Kids Cartoons

Who Do You Think is the Worst Person on the Pizza Party Podcast?

• Total voters

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
I realize I'm late, but why exactly did this PPG reboot chick randomly attack Pan by name when he didn't do that shit in his review? Are cartoon writers this fucking fragile?
Not sure about the former point but the latter gets a definitely. Production crew in general on many modern cartoons seem to have sprung from old Tumblr in many respects.

{o}P II

A man deprived of his chat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of my favorite things Pan showed was in his Comicon 2018 video where he apparently got a fan letter from a mom who thought he was Mr.Enter. It's probably fake, or someone trolling him, but still made me laugh.
Does Mr Enter even have a dedicated fan base?

when I was subscribed to him he was just another face in the subscriptions feed

FluffyTehFennekin

Good girl, M. a. a. D. Fennec
kiwifarms.net
Hey, if it weren’t for Pan Pizza, I wouldn’t have known about the short lived adult animated series Game Over.
BF6CF449-22B4-4319-B2C1-23DB053B130F.jpeg

shame he turned out to be a lunatic. He could’ve been a nice reviewer. Oh well.

Last edited:

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Earlier last week, Adult Swim released another video in their series of development meetings for cartoon/live-action show pitches, guest-starring Genndy Tartakovsky & Mike Lazzo.
One of the pitches, which starts at 21:51, is from Pan Pizza himself, where he badly pitches Loki IRL as an animated series and makes a complete ass of himself.

One of the best Pan quotes from this entire thing:
"I mean if you could live in a world where you could bone cartoon cartoons, wouldn't you do it?"

He says this, on camera, in a Zoom meeting with Gennedy Tartakovsky and the former CEO of Adult Swim. And the result is a deafening silence from everyone in the call.

Christ, Pan...

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net
Earlier last week, Adult Swim released another video in their series of development meetings for cartoon/live-action show pitches, guest-starring Genndy Tartakovsky & Mike Lazzo.
One of the pitches, which starts at 21:51, is from Pan Pizza himself, where he badly pitches Loki IRL as an animated series and makes a complete ass of himself.

"I mean if you could live in a world where you could bone cartoon cartoons, wouldn't you do it?"

He says this, on camera, in a Zoom meeting with Gennedy Tartakovsky and the former CEO of Adult Swim. And the result is a deafening silence from everyone in the call.

Christ, Pan...

Ooooh. This forum doesn't have a fucking reaction for "deep sorrow".
Not even second hand embarrassment, just utter despair.

That's it, he's blown it. He's never getting a real fucking career and he knows it.
He's blacklisted himself what, twice now?

Just_a_Bored_Guy

World's Bestest Devil
kiwifarms.net

Christ, Pan...
One of Pan's main shortcomings as a creator is neglecting the fact it's not 2005 anymore. As such, his attempts to make basically the next Drawn Together just make him look tone-deaf.
Reminds me of his "pitch" to the new G4 which includes footage from his notorious Let's Plays. https://twitter.com/rebeltaxi/status/1302046486566502401?s=21

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
One of Pan's main shortcomings as a creator is neglecting the fact it's not 2005 anymore. As such, his attempts to make basically the next Drawn Together just make him look tone-deaf.
Reminds me of his "pitch" to the new G4 which includes footage from his notorious Let's Plays. https://tw.tinf.io/rebeltaxi/status/1302046486566502401?s=21

Christ, Pan...
Jesus Pan, what happened to you? I could always tell you were a bit of a loser, but to this degree?

The idea that Pan is stuck in 2005 could work to his benefit if he was able to explain things better and read cues. Shows from that era are now being seen as the thing to follow in 2020. The issue is, I have no idea what Loki IRL is even after explanation. The fact that he spent more time dabbling on procreation than the basic premise is terrible. Even prior to the interview, he seemed to have no idea what it was as he described his characters by saying they are like others, never really getting into the main personalities. Show producers look for characters more than plot typically, if he sold his characters as something special that had potential for story, then he could have done a lot better. As is, the plot is nonsensical and the characters are nonexistent. My advise to him, assuming he somehow gets a second chance, would be to focus on the characters first and build the world around them, that way you leave your cast open for a multitude of stories.

As for the G4 pitch, it gave me flashbacks. Why in God’s name did he include the Toy Story let’s play. If I had seen that as a high up, then he would be blacklisted immediately. For those not in the know, that video is where Pan has a mental breakdown over not getting a cute girl his age. He goes into long detail about his pathetic attempts to court the Ruby Gloom girl. It was hard to watch, and is one of the many things that made me drop Pan rather than returning after burnout.

Honestly, it is depressing to see Pan like this. He went from down to earth I-Hate-Everything guy in 2010, to a soy that seems to keep somewhat of a mask on. The dude really needs to clean himself up. Stop listening to Nolan and Izzy, and letting them treat you poorly. Stop fantasizing about Raven and goth girls, and focus on your animation. You seem very talented, actually you are talented, one of the few with production quality in 2010, but you squander it. You were a big voice for the animation community, even when it was dying, now what do you have?

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it is depressing to see Pan like this. He went from down to earth I-Hate-Everything guy in 2010, to a soy that seems to keep somewhat of a mask on. The dude really needs to clean himself up. Stop listening to Nolan and Izzy, and letting them treat you poorly. Stop fantasizing about Raven and goth girls, and focus on your animation. You seem very talented, actually you are talented, one of the few with production quality in 2010, but you squander it. You were a big voice for the animation community, even when it was dying, now what do you have?
I'll give him this: it takes some real fuckin' balls of steel (and degeneracy) to talk about your constant love of banging goth girls/cartoon characters right to several professional's faces like that. ...But then he had to go and ruin it, by making a video about the Hotel Transylvania trilogy, which feels way less like a review of the movies, and more like Pan desperately trying to both suck up to Gennedy.

...While also trying desperately to show just how CRINGE those movies were; as if to show that "Hey Gennedy can also be weird too!".

He was also not the least bit subtle about how much he hated himself after that pitch - it was so bad that people in the YouTube comments picked up on it, which was where I found out about this pitch meeting in the first place.

HangEight

Lvl. 50 Pog Amateur
kiwifarms.net
Watching his Adult Swim pitch is kinda sad ngl, he obviously didn't have much of a plan but it looked like he was really trying and putting his heart to it, even if he got shot down pretty quick.. If he really wanted to sell it he needed to talk more about important stuff like characters and personality instead on boning cartoon characters.

I also remember something one of the guys said (might've been the black guy or Genndy idk) but they said that probably the biggest thing he needed that was missing was a short animation reel or storyboard, because of how much he talked about stuff like the action and fights, he never went beyond describing it when what he really needed was an example of what it was considering it's one of the biggest parts of the show.

Honestly it feels like Pan's attempts to try and make it into the mainstream animation industry are just a waste of time. Aside from a few small gigs he hasn't really done anything and every time he does try something bigger he ends up making an ass of himself or bringing up embarrassing stuff from YouTube, he should just stick to his YouTube and freelance stuff since he actually has a good following online and it's something he could easily grow without interference or creative control. I don't get why he really wanted to be a part of the new G4 either, he's probably more successful and making more money on YouTube than he'd make with TV.

Really the dude just needs to stop listening to people like Nolan and Izzy, people who most of the time are either wrong or have no clue what they're talking about, especially Izzy who's only consistent-somewhat mainstream work is fucking Yo Mama. The dude's really talented, he just needs to stop being so spineless and take full control over his choices instead of listening to and always being stepped on by people who are even bigger losers than him.

A bit off topic but I'd also explain why G4 coming back and wanting to work for them is dumb and a bad idea in general, but I think DingDong (formerly from Oney Plays) summed it up really well

Last edited:

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Watching his Adult Swim pitch is kinda sad ngl, he obviously didn't have much of a plan but it looked like he was really trying and putting his heart to it, even if he got shot down pretty quick.. If he really wanted to sell it he needed to talk more about important stuff like characters and personality instead on boning cartoon characters.

I also remember something one of the guys said (might've been the black guy or Genndy idk) but they said that probably the biggest thing he needed that was missing was a short animation reel or storyboard, because of how much he talked about stuff like the action and fights, he never went beyond describing it when what he really needed was an example of what it was considering it's one of the biggest parts of the show.

Honestly it feels like Pan's attempts to try and make it into the mainstream animation industry are just a waste of time. Aside from a few small gigs he hasn't really done anything and every time he does try something bigger he ends up making an ass of himself or bringing up embarrassing stuff from YouTube, he should just stick to his YouTube and freelance stuff since he actually has a good following online and it's something he could easily grow without interference or creative control. I don't get why he really wanted to be a part of the new G4 either, he's probably more successful and making more money on YouTube than he'd make with TV.

Really the dude just needs to stop listening to people like Nolan and Izzy, people who most of the time are either wrong or have no clue what they're talking about, especially Izzy who's only consistent-somewhat mainstream work is fucking Yo Mama. The dude's really talented, he just needs to stop being so spineless and take full control over his choices instead of listening to and always being stepped on by people who are even bigger losers than him.

A bit off topic but I'd also explain why G4 coming back and wanting to work for them is dumb and a bad idea in general, but I think DingDong (formerly from Oney Plays) summed it up really well
That hashtag comment was fucking brutal.

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
Pan seems to be stuck in a highschooler mentality (shocker, I know), where he simply does the work he thinks others expect of him to "pass" instead of thinking through his goals and then taking steps to realize them for his own benefit. He put all that work into making his presentation look "good" with flashy art, but couldn't even walk them through an example episode? For how long he's been developing Loki IRL, he should have had at least a mock storyboard lying around somewhere no matter what.

I feel for him, spilling your spaghetti in front of your idols like that is brutal, but he totally deserved to get blown off.

dialeck

kiwifarms.net
I’ve never seen the stream until now but damm, Pan got pwnd.

I hope this is his wake up call, if I messed up that bad in front of my idols, I would legitimately consider going off the industry grid and starting over. Though I know his “friends“ and fans will try and downplay it, Pan’s attitude is all style and fanboyism without any substance that gives it a purpose.

Vetti

Giant killer
kiwifarms.net
Does Pan even work on Loki IRL comics anymore? I only remember like three finished issues from years ago.
That pitch was awful.

Pan seems to be stuck in a highschooler mentality (shocker, I know), where he simply does the work he thinks others expect of him to "pass" instead of thinking through his goals and then taking steps to realize them for his own benefit. He put all that work into making his presentation look "good" with flashy art, but couldn't even walk them through an example episode? For how long he's been developing Loki IRL, he should have had at least a mock storyboard lying around somewhere no matter what.

I feel for him, spilling your spaghetti in front of your idols like that is brutal, but he totally deserved to get blown off.

He used to pitch it better off the cuff on the podcast when he'd say it was about Pokemon battling with cartoons. I feel like the decade or so of being a NEET confined to a black lit bedroom has destroyed any social skills he may have had when dealing with people face to face in highschool or college.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Coolio55

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
Not sure about the former point but the latter gets a definitely. Production crew in general on many modern cartoons seem to have sprung from old Tumblr in many respects.
When cartoon directors or whatever are slotted to lead a product, they often take to Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram and haul in their friends, its a standard industry practice afaik.

Pan and all of these other cartoon podcasters just needs to stop yakkin' about cartoons and start creating them, do something productive with all that patreon/youtube/redbubble/crowdfunding cash. If anything this is is whats choking animation here in the West, too much yackin' and not enough animating.