Pokemon Griefing Thread - "Big Project" being a Pokemon MOBA game with Tencent. Do you guys not have phones? #ThankYouGameFreak

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
70% of them are bullshit anyway.
They are still awesome tho. Even cute pokemon are fucking dangerous & scary. The games design reminds me of a toy world but then you also have soul stealing cute ghosts, pink bears that can hug you to death, little pigs who can't stop jumping because if they do they die, funny looking tree ghosts that are actually the spirits of dead children and so on.

It's a world that is designed to look friendly & cute but it's full of dangerous & scary creatures.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
The pokedex is a massive enigma. There never seems to be any agreement as to what's legitimate and what's bullshit, and the line only gets more blurred when events in the games themselves randomly decide to echo whatever the dex spouts on about.

Some are blatantly obvious in how they're outright wrong based on cold hard facts (the entries between Doduo and Dodrio suggests the former is faster, when the raw stats suggest otherwise to give one example), but it gets more confusing when more vague stuff is brought up. Ghost types in particular are notorious for this with their crazy lore repeatedly being reinforced as true despite it not making a lick of sense mechanically and logically.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The pokedex is a massive enigma. There never seems to be any agreement as to what's legitimate and what's bullshit, and the line only gets more blurred when events in the games themselves randomly decide to echo whatever the dex spouts on about.

Some are blatantly obvious in how they're outright wrong based on cold hard facts (the entries between Doduo and Dodrio suggests the former is faster, when the raw stats suggest otherwise to give one example), but it gets more confusing when more vague stuff is brought up. Ghost types in particular are notorious for this with their crazy lore repeatedly being reinforced as true despite it not making a lick of sense mechanically and logically.
There's also Magcargo and Tyranitar's bullshit entries. Or ones like Yamask saying they're born from human souls from centuries ago but then you can hatch them from eggs, or Banette being treated as an individual discarded doll despite evolving from Shuppet. Or Slowpoke's shellder shit despite the only time you see that in the games is Pokemon Snap. That's not saying I don't think some entries are cool and maybe some like Dusknoir or Drifblim's entries are probably more true.

Also I know the anime doesn't count, but I remember ages ago Ash met the guy who wrote most of the pokedex entries and the stupid Wowzer-looking fucker says his interns make up all of that shit.
1593927017038.png
1593927044706.jpeg

Local Coyote

Hey man, got any cats?
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it's probably one of the better Pokemobiles to be released, especially since their updates have been adding in more stuff for the player to do and even gives the self insert character more partner options outside of Pikachu. I'd imagine this game would be a lot more popular if it was more accessible (there's even an online multiplayer Co-op, for christ sake).
Out of curiosity how freemium is it? Could you still get some decent playtime without getting fucked over by microtransactions? Because Mix Cafe I feel like is a great model while Shuffle is the most money grubby horseshit I have seen.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity how freemium is it? Could you still get some decent playtime without getting fucked over by microtransactions? Because Mix Cafe I feel like is a great model while Shuffle is the most money grubby horseshit I have seen.
In terms of micro-transactions, it's very light on there. They only really apply for when you're collecting sync pairs and even then you can do those penniless given how generous they are with the gems.

The only issue I have with it is that they have two separate gems: paid and non-paid. Paid, of course being the ones you got through spending money, but thankfully the paid gems are only used for sync pairs and upgrading the egg incubator. Everything else you have to just grind up for.

• Informative
Reactions: Local Coyote

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's also Magcargo and Tyranitar's bullshit entries.
I still like to believe Tyranitar is such a bad-ass that it can dismantle mountains just because it had a bad day. I mean, as a Larvitar it's born underground to eat enough soil to make a mountain, but also that's the only way for it to see its parents' faces. That's, like, hardcore depressing. So can you blame the Tyranitar for having issues in that the species can't care for others' wellbeing?

Or ones like Yamask saying they're born from human souls from centuries ago but then you can hatch them from eggs
I'm still going to go with my personal headcanon about where the Yamask come from, but if they are like reincarnations of centuries-old human souls, it's only a select few who become Yamask (I mean, we never get actual population numbers for these Pokémon, so we don't know how rare most of them are), then the soul probably just enters the egg as it's fertilized. Beats me.

Or Slowpoke's shellder shit despite the only time you see that in the games is Pokemon Snap.
They recently messed around with that in the Pokémon anime by making Ash, Gou and Pikachu get chomped on and poisoned by Shellder, which is fucked up when you realize that when a Slowking's crown is removed, it forgets everything it has ever learned. (I think there was a Slowking in that episode, someone off-site was showing me clips and all I could think of was "WTF are OLM smoking?")

Also I know the anime doesn't count, but I remember ages ago Ash met the guy who wrote most of the pokedex entries and the stupid Wowzer-looking fucker says his interns make up all of that shit.
View attachment 1428519View attachment 1428520
Oh man, that episode's one of my personal favorites, it's just such a wacky episode, but it was pretty mind-blowing as a kid. I miss episodes like this where the Pokémon anime just explores the world and leaves breadcrumbs behind for the audience to pick up for themselves and come to their own conclusions.

(Also that dude's like great-great-grandfather created the PokéDex, like bruh lol, I thought the professors in the game developed them? XD But no, he made up some of the entries himself, not his interns who just roll along with it.)

• Agree
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
I ended up looking around for some opinions on the 3DS mystery dungeon games and from what I can tell neither of them are considered better than Explorers of Sky. Kind of a strange feeling to know I already played the peak of the series even though there are 2 newer ones out. That being said I'm interested in playing Super anyway just to see what sort of new things it brought to the table compared to Sky. From what I can tell Super has issues with an overly long tutorial and slow paced story but it gets better later while Gates to infinity isn't worth it outside of some people liking the story.

Questionable Ceviche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I ended up looking around for some opinions on the 3DS mystery dungeon games and from what I can tell neither of them are considered better than Explorers of Sky. Kind of a strange feeling to know I already played the peak of the series even though there are 2 newer ones out. That being said I'm interested in playing Super anyway just to see what sort of new things it brought to the table compared to Sky. From what I can tell Super has issues with an overly long tutorial and slow paced story but it gets better later while Gates to infinity isn't worth it outside of some people liking the story.
Gates to Infinity was fine to play through the story mode, but they nerfed the job system so you could only take on one job at a time. It makes the middle and later parts of story mode an unfun grind, and the postgame isn't worth it. A job will tell you to go 70 something levels down, but it's frustrating that you can only do that single job after going all the way down there. The jobs are worth more rank points in exchange. It's dumb and disrespectful of my time.

Super didn't grab me the same way as Explorers of Sky did. I'm not sure what about it was wrong. The story pacing was very slow.

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just...ignore pokedex entries. It is better for your mental health.
As weird as it is to say, they were used real well in the adventure manga. Sure some dex entries were ridiculous but they used them to great anime affect. One of the strongest combinations was a marrow and a parasect due to the parasect entry about it's spores and the marrowak entry about it's bone club. The issue is the Dex entries are designed for the world and not the game and the mechanics of the world vs the game are far different. Going back to the manga each pokemon was a threat and encountering one in the wild could end up costing you your life, hence why there were so few pokemon trainers. It worked on the premise that almost all pokemon were overpowered, were evolving a mon may make them stronger but they may lose an aspect of themselves that was usefull, and that any mon can beat any mon I.E. one of the strongest mons in the G/S ark was a swinub and a delibird.

The issue is the games work way differently, it's not so much about finding that one pokemon and learning to use it's OP power to your advantage it became about catching the pokemon with the best stats. So naturally the world designed to have these OP creatures would fall flat since the game doesn't reflect it. Best example of this is that you can capture god in game but in all other media a legendary is nearly impossible to control. So the dex entries do make sense in the mystical world where the mons aren't stated out but in the game they make no sense because everything is related to a specific set of stats.

Finally beat the Black 2 mono Bug run, and is it just me or are the victory road trainers harder than the E4/champion? The whole way through VR my squad was equal to even slightly weaker than the trainers' teams, but suddenly they were stronger than the E4. I didn't purposely grind at all so idk what happened there, don't remember it being like that.
B/W, B2/W2 did have that, since the teams were designed to be like trainers that would be skilled enough to challenge the eliete four. They also were designed to be type balance so some of them were actually harder since you couldn't just sweep them with 1-2 mons.

Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That being said I'm interested in playing Super anyway just to see what sort of new things it brought to the table compared to Sky. From what I can tell Super has issues with an overly long tutorial and slow paced story but it gets better later while Gates to infinity isn't worth it outside of some people liking the story.
I heard from my friend Super's final boss fucks you over if you end up playing as Fennekin, but I can't recall the rant he gave me years ago about it. It might've just been a mistake on his part and there's nothing wrong with the mechanics despite which Pokémon you are.

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
I heard from my friend Super's final boss fucks you over if you end up playing as Fennekin, but I can't recall the rant he gave me years ago about it. It might've just been a mistake on his part and there's nothing wrong with the mechanics despite which Pokémon you are.
If it's about type matchups I can see that happening. Like I mentioned before, Rescue team's main campaign is brutal for grass types.

Tags
None