Pokémon Griefing Thread - Seriously you are better off playing Renegade Platinum or any Gen IV ROM hacks compared with buying BD/SP

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Down_the_stars

kiwifarms.net
If it makes you feel any better, not only was this ILCA's first time working on a pokemon game but they were likely also held back by staying true to the original DP instead of revamping it like they've done remakes in the past.
I feel like ILCA went to much faithful remake because it's there first time being the main game maker so maybe they base it on the original DP to play it safe. Also if Gamefreak were to remake it they may base it on an ORAS style remake since even if you hate Gamefreak there remake still add somethings to there remakes.

Wingnut

WARNING: Remove before flight.
kiwifarms.net
I bought Shining Pearl as a nostalgia trip for 4th gen, and I am enjoying the game as it is simply an upgraded D/P. They look beautiful and the music remasters are fantastic. They have many QoL improvements and if you enjoyed the OG D/P you won't be disappointed. Unless you're coming in and comparing it to Platinum instead.

Are they worth $60? No, they're probably a $45-50 game at best if I'm being honest, however I don't regret my purchase. If someone asked me for a recommendation on a Gen 4 experience I would still 100% recommend Platinum over these remakes, however they are exactly what we were promised. Faithful D/P remakes with some modern improvements (sans infinite TMs which is annoying).

The Ultimate Ramotith

Proceed
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious, how does everyone feel about Legends Arceus at this time? It's coming out in two months, and I'm kind of thinking about buying a switch just to try it out myself. It looks interesting at the very least.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl were made by a company that is different by the one who is making Pokémon Legends Arceus.

Roland Juno-G

Took them ~8 years to get me a proper LCD...
kiwifarms.net
Someone found a locale issue with Pokémon BDSP's calculator. If the Switch's country/language is set to one that uses commas as a decimal, the calculations really bug out. (Of course, setting one to a country that uses a dot as a decimal is fine.)

Source: /r/pokemon Subreddit

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright, started on Shining Pearl and I need to REE because how dare they make Barry not go zoom with his overworld sprite. That was one of my favorite things about him is that he's hyperactive and it shows in his movements. Hell, walking in general feels sluggish, and I don't know if this is due to the dual controllers or not (playing on the console itself, all TVs are hogged right now). Also don't know if this is also the controllers' fault or not, but the sprite a couple times has walked up on its own after the textbox goes away. Will need to test this with the wired controller.

Because a brother went with Piplup and on my original Diamond playthrough I had a Turtwig, I'm trying out Chimchar, which is of Gentle nature. Also is a female, which is interesting, as my brother had softreseted 11 times for a female Piplup but didn't get it. I got curious if this is gender-locked, so I tested Brilliant Diamond with a Piplup, and it's not. I just got lucky ending up with a female starter first time around and bro just couldn't get his female Piplup like he wanted. Lol.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the choice to keep the chibi sprites upon laying my eyes on Barry. It just looks weird. I'll give further thoughts when I'm further into the playthrough but my first observations just didn't sit right with me.

WhoTheFuckIsZeroTwo

Google "Ghislaine Maxwell trial."
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious, how does everyone feel about Legends Arceus at this time? It's coming out in two months, and I'm kind of thinking about buying a switch just to try it out myself. It looks interesting at the very least.
Everything Game Freak touches turns into poo. I am not optimistic.

Some Badger

Meles Meles Americana
kiwifarms.net
Does BDSP at least run faster than the originals? Diamond and Pearl being notoriously slow was probably the game felt longer than it actually did, pacing issues between some gyms notwithstanding.

Leaf Wage Slave

Fuck Mariah Carey
kiwifarms.net
I wasn’t planning on grabbing the Gen 4 remakes anyway - I still have my copy of Plat, I honestly preferred Gen 3 more, and most importantly SMT 5 came out last week and I’ll be on that until Legends Arceus comes out - but honestly it just feels like I dodged a bullet on that one quality wise. Ilca was arguably TOO faithful to the original - there were enough QoL changes since Gen 4 that even as a remake it feels dated.
I don't mind Pokémon going 3D thanks to Pokémon Stadium and Colosseum being a thing, I just wish they would stop cutting corners with it.
I would kill a man (in Minecraft, back off Glowies) to get remasters of Colosseum and XD. Fuck, I’ll take a Stadium 3 at this point…

Sundae

Clown Mutt
kiwifarms.net
So I haven't seen this posted yet, but there's a glitch in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl that lets you duplicate items and pokemon, including legendary and mythical pokemon:

The new releases Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have been out for less than a week, and it seems a duplication glitch has already been discovered - allowing trainers to clone Pokémon and even any items attached, such as Master Balls.

As highlighted by @orcastraw, this glitch was originally discovered by Pokémon player and Twitter user @kevinfor5. Here's the full explanation:
And here are the steps to replicate this glitch (via Nintendo Everything):

1. Put two Pokemon that are in the same position in different boxes (like the bottom right corner)
2. Take one of these Pokemon and put them in the Battle Box
3. Go to the Solaceon daycare, talk to the woman, and choose the Pokemon from the other box
4. Before closing out, click on the “Box List” in the bottom left
5. Press “Y” and swap the slots that they’re placed in, and then deposit your Pokemon
6. Reopen your boxes and go to the Battle Box
7. Take a Pokemon you’re going to “delete” and insert it
8. Take the Pokemon you want to clone and add it to the list
9. View the summary screen of the Pokemon you just added; when you come back out, it will be cloned

If you do decide to perform this glitch - it's at your own risk. And it's likely The Pokémon Company and developer ILCA will roll out a patch for this as soon as possible.

Hff201

kiwifarms.net
D... Did Barry quote Han Solo in your first battle? I legit don't remember this in the original.

And lmao I can't believe they give you a Jirachi and Mew after the first gym. OP much, game? :story:
The new games have been really bad with just handing Pokémon over to you for trivial shit (in this case just having save files for SwSh and LG respectively). At least in SwSh it was just a Pikachu or an Eevee so it probably wasn't gonna break it, but legendaries is a bit much.

At least make the player go to a cave somewhere and battle it first.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
here's a channel with videos of bugs (ones with "www" for "lol") from the remakes of Diamond and Pearl:

マンメンミTV - YouTube

(it's in Japanese but one doesn't need to know the language to see the wat going on)

Last edited:

Lapis Lazuli

Homosexual Extraterrestrial Mineral Woman
kiwifarms.net
BDSP should've been a Platinum remake at the bare minimum much like HGSS having Crystal elements. You can also tell that it's rushed going by the glitches being found.
Sinnoh was done dirty. Our only hope is Legends Arceus, though it's been a good while since we've recieved an update.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl sold 1.4 million copies in the first three days(as usual for Nintendo game sales, digital purchases are not kept track of, so this is solely physical sales). That is more than Sword and Shield sold in that time, which itself currently has almost surpassed Gold and Silver as the 2nd-highest selling games in the series.

Leaf Wage Slave

Fuck Mariah Carey
kiwifarms.net
70364AE9-2EEE-4479-AE96-8CA50EFBC5AE.jpeg
Feels relevant