Pokimane (Imane Anys) is a 24 year old streamer (born 1996) who is known for streaming Fortnite, League of Legends and Valorant. She is a founding member of the entertainment group OfflineTV. She previously studied chemical engineering at McMaster before dropping out her sophomore year. For a history of controversies expand spoilers.
Social Media Links:
Twitch // Twitter // Youtube // Instagram
Hypocrisy & Arrogance
- Pokimane mocks streamers with “sexual content”, such as pinksparkles and lilchiipmunk who both have cleavage on stream, but denies it when called out and posts cleavage herself to pander. Example one.
- Proof one and proof twoof her mocking streamers with sexual content.
- Proof two was most likely taken down when she copystriked many smaller channels for criticizing her
- She panders to her audience of mostly young male fanboys, but acts as if it was unintentional or offended when chat spams THICC
- Instead of using her tits for views, she regularly wears tight body contouring clothes and constantly complains about people clipping her streams when she turns around to leave her room showing her ass. She could have easily avoided this by adding a BRB screen or just temporarily turning cam off.
- Pretends that she’s a quality streamer and gamer while having a disdain for “cam-girls” on twitch
- In OfflineTV’s video on Twitch, they talk about “big titty streamers” and used a clip from a streamer (TheZombiUnicorn) who has voiced her frustrations in the past about people getting on her case about her cleavage showing. Pokimane goes on about how cleavage is normal and natural, but don’t stream naked.
- If Pokimane truly hated the clips/montages people make of her body of her just getting up to walk to the bathroom or leaving the room, she should’ve understood TheZombiUnicorn’s frustrations, but thicc compilations get her clicks.
- Proof one and proof twoof her mocking streamers with sexual content.
- Was salty about Ninja’s refusal to play with female gamers when this polygon articlewas written and lectured her young fans how she wishes guys can play with girls on twitch without the shipping, yet shes the one who heavily perpetrates shipping culture with Meteos/Bjergsen/Myth/Cizzors/Fed.
- After the article, she tries to backtrack by claiming “shipping herself with Fed was just a meme” and not a deliberate plan to fish for content
- Tried to downplay how much she goaded shipping herself with other streamers even as early as when FaZe Scizzors was on her stream, yet she’s the one constantly posting things like “Moki” (myth x poki) and shipping clickbait on her youtube at the height of Myth’s popularity.
- Lied about what she was up to on Valentines day to preserve her brand.
- When she got romantically involved with Hasan, people started piecing it together and InvaderVie contributed to the rumours by saying this whichupset her a lot.
- For once, she has a problem with shipping memes most likely because it was actually serious and she had feelings for Hasan, and he wasn’t a popular big streamer like most streamers she shipped herself with so it wasn’t going to help her career.
- Unfollows Hasan as more and more people pick up on it.
- Claimed that it was because she doesn’t like when it goes into sexual territories and claims to be a very nonsexual person. Hmm, seems like she only uses her sexuality when it benefits her for content. She then deletes the comment because of the downvotes.
- “So what she is inferring through her actions, is that she is not opposed to the sexual objectification of herself by others or her own doing, but rather offended people might assume she has an intimate relationship with another adult.” - FriedJustice
- Obviously extremely self conscious of her image, she refollows Hasan after the reddit thread and backlash.
- She also unfollowed Sliker because he contributed to shipping Poki x Hasan.
- Hypocrisy on using the word “cringe”. Also isn’t it funny now that more girls voice their support of titty streamers, she no longer looks down on them either? It’s almost like it’s not the popular opinion to have anymore. Hey maybe she reformed.
- Catalyzes the drama of Albert cheating on Lily by subtweeting about it to her millions of followers, when she herself in the past had voiced disdain in keeping her privacy.
- Copystriked smaller youtubers to take down their videos, especially ones critical of her. She releases an “apology” video but doesn’t actually apologize and admit her wrongdoing.
- Distastefully puts TMarTns apology intro with his dog, makes it seem like she’s not taking it very seriously.
- Most people aren’t having any of this bullshit. The video has more dislikes than likes and comments aren’t forgiving either.
- She claimed to target channels that just ripped clips/vods to upload without adding any transformative content, but her streams are mostly her reacting to youtube videos… with no transformative content.
- The video since then has now been removed.
- Constantly preaches self love and accepting yourself for who you are, yet photoshops her face and body and look way different in candids or fan pics. Another proof. Also hides her side profile because she likely finds her hook nose unattractive. Hypocritical of her to sell self love and body positivity when she spends an hour on makeup we've seen her apply and cam filters to make her look much paler than she actually is.
Attention and Status Seeking
- Used to selfsubmit these kinds of pictures to Tumblr blogs to promote her stream.
- Claimed that she was made fun of for streaming in school/university, and talked down about other girls in her class because they were “boring engineers”.
- Cosplayed as Bjergsen and spams his chatto get him to notice her.
- They end up dating for a while.
- Speculated that she broke off with C9 Meteos to quickly get with Bjergsen.
- Actually just refer to this flowchart.
- Stream-sniped Tyler1 when he streamed league again at extremely high viewer counts, but when called out she lies. Proof of screen showing she was assigned support, yet took the ADC role claiming “support is too boring” when she mainly plays mid and support.
- After the Tyler1 incident, she cosplays as him and refers to the stream-sniping incident to garner more attention
- When Fortnite was blowing up on Twitch, Poki regularly duos with Myth (one of the top fortnite streamers at the time), stream together, and make clickbait videos featuring the two. They feed into the shipping culture as mentioned before, such as posting things like #Moki (myth x poki).
- However she wasn’t actually good at the game as most people noticed, and ditches Myth on day 2 of a streamer skirmish tournament. Myth ends up teamless.
- After Myth’s popularity in fortnite dwindled, she allegedly unfollowed him for two weeks because she no longer “worked” with him as much.
- When GTA RP was blowing up on Twitch, she latches on to Vader who roleplayed a popular character Eugene. She roleplays as a dumb young French lady, and no one is impressed because of her inconsistent character story and overall shitty RP.
- Stops playing GTA RP because of the criticisms and backlash of her shitty bimbo character, then claims its because of misogyny and Vader and not her RP skills.
- Obviously, most people can tell its because she purposely roleplays a stupid character then complains when people treat her as such.
- When she stopped playing GTA RP, she unfollows Vader and mostly ignores him at Twitchcon, despite people thinking they were good friends because of their collaborative streams.
- When WOW classic was blowing up on Twitch, Pokimane types in Soda’s chat (with 60k viewers) about how she’s going to play it.A few months before that, she, greek, and soda were in a call and she asked soda to teach her WOW. He said yes but it would have to be offstream since you can’t stream private servers and she immediately lost interest.
- Macaiyla (Tyler1’s gf) said Maya was prettier than Pokimane.
- Pokimane then DMs Macaiyla telling her she was disappointed in her.
- Pokimane attempts to clear it up but doesn’t actually show the message she sent to Macaiyla herself, the one where she said she was disappointed. Probably because it makes Poki look bad?
- Showing Macaiyla’s message implies Macaiyla and her are okay, but never actually addresses the “disappointment” she said to Macaiyla, which was why people criticized Poki’s attitude in the first place.
- When 39daph unfollows her, she asks why and assumes it’s because of Sliker despite daph claiming that not to be the case.
- Poki’s explanation video here.
- Calls Daph a liar because of her reddit comment, insisting the unfollow wasn’t because of “not watching her content” as she suspected. Second comment from Daph.
- Hypocritical of Poki to have a problem with people unfollowing her when she has done the same (see above) to Myth, Vader, Sliker, and Hasan.
- BrAvELy streams without makeup for the first time,then people start poking fun at how drastically different she looks barefaced.
- Often talks about how she's alone and doesn't fit in anywhere, despite having so many friends and people who care about her.
OfflineTV and Fedmyster
- Pokimane first joined OfflineTV when it was founded, being one of its first members along with Scarra, Chris Chan and Based Yoona
- She had an interesting relationship with another member, Fedmyster who was OfflineTV's editor and manager.
- On June 19th, 2020, Pokimane revealed she was leaving the house.
- On June 24th, OfflineTV's house manager Yvonnie went on HealthyGamerGG's stream for an on stream therapy session.On the stream, she revealed someone had sexually assaulted her in the OfflineTV house.
- On June 27th, she confirmed that her assaulter was Fed. LilyPichu, a housemate also shared her own experience with Fed, as well as Chris Chan. (Original statement was removed.)
- Pokimane reveals part of the reason she's moving out is due to Fed. She also told her story about Fed on stream, where she described him being manipulative and controlling of her,
- Pokimane, Lily, Yvonne and other girls had a private intervention to try and deal with Fed's increasing alcoholism and predatory behaviour, but didn't succeed, leading him to be removed from OfflineTV.
- Fed has apologized and stated he will be taking a break. OfflineTV as well confirms they are taking a break from content.
Other Interesting Notes
- Weirdly competitive with Valkyrae, a “friend” of hers. Examples one and two.
- Used the n word pretty often in the past. Examples one and two.
- Plagiarised merch.
- Highly suspected to be boosted on League. Mostly plays with challenger duos offstream to help her climb.
- She loses most ranked games she plays on stream.
- Had a tendency in the past to cut the client when playing League so viewers can’t tell she’s actually queuing for normals, but puts “Diamond Ranked” or “Diamond Midlane” in the title, which heavily implies its ranked but it’s not.
- Anecdotes from people who’ve played against her.
- Overall ???? questionable whether she deserves her rank or not. She has never streamed herself playing ranked on a fresh level 30 account like most League girl streamers have such as Emiru.
- ??????? and ????????
- Admits she has no talent.
- May 2020, she made a "private" alternate Twitter account, @imane
- It is not her first "alternate" Twitter account. She had one previously in 2018 called @pokibtw.
- She deleted @pokibtw after her tweets got leaked.
- Her new alternate twitter is meant to be "good vibes only" and that she'll block anyone who gives her hate. She also mentions it was made because her main account is very cluttered.
- The account is mainly casual tweets, but she often vents and seeks validation. By blocking anyone who "kills her vibe", she created an echo chamber for her venting.
Tl;dr: Pokimane is disliked because of her hypocrisy, her tendency to use people for social climbing and outright lying. She's quick to blame others and has a way of manipulating her way through controversies. She's criticized for the big disconnect between her words and actions.
OP copied from PULL (rip) and edited. Credit: :3, TrashWifu, and jejujelly
Last edited by a moderator: