Post smarmy assholes you find when searching for tech questions -

emo goff

its too damn sunny for darkmode
kiwifarms.net
Photoshop/digital art assholes are a whole universe. Shitting on others because they dare to be beginners with limited resources or have questions. God help you if you're not using a $5000 true-color monitor and top of the line drawing tablet, you might as well throw your shit in the trash.
Saw this in an article I was reading about how to use vectors to draw.
ughghgh.PNG

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
Photoshop/digital art assholes are a whole universe. Shitting on others because they dare to be beginners with limited resources or have questions. God help you if you're not using a $5000 true-color monitor and top of the line drawing tablet, you might as well throw your shit in the trash.
Saw this in an article I was reading about how to use vectors to draw.
View attachment 1420569
We all know where this is going. You buy a cheap tablet off Amazon, not all the features will work with your software, you will spend hours looking for a fix, then these same people will insult you for buying the "cheap" tablet. Then it will die after a year or two, and they will insult you again for having bought it and wanting to repair it. Then the cycle will start all over when one tries to berate you into buying a secondhand discontinued model wacom, or something.

Ex Cummunicated Sasser HD

Sláinte!!!
kiwifarms.net
We all know where this is going. You buy a cheap tablet off Amazon, not all the features will work with your software, you will spend hours looking for a fix, then these same people will insult you for buying the "cheap" tablet. Then it will die after a year or two, and they will insult you again for having bought it and wanting to repair it. Then the cycle will start all over when one tries to berate you into buying a secondhand discontinued model wacom, or something.
Powerlevel here but I’m a professional designer and I still use an oversized A4 wacom intuos 3 that I bought for admittedly £460 in 2007. You can get the same model with the pen and the mouse on ebay now for less than £50, and I always recommend this model to students in my classes as it is cheap, and extremely sturdy, with no gimmicks like dials, touch pads or whatever that usually fail within a year.

Also a cheap alternative to the ridiculously expensive nibs that wear out about once a month is nylon garden strimmer cord (3mm), instead of five nibs for £20, you can get 100 metres of this which is the equivalent of about 3000 nibs (all you have to do is cut 3cm off, and rub the end down on a bit of sandpaper to make it feel scratchy like a real wacom pencil nib) for about £5.

You can also buy a sheet of 1mm perspex and attach it to the tablet surface with a bit of blue tak if you want to not wear out the graphite sheet (which is about £30 to replace)... and you can sand it down if you don’t want a shiny surface. It’s all magnetic so doesn’t stop it working in any way. Plus wacom mice are fantastic, true wireless, felt bottom and no batteries as they act exactly the same as the pen and have 5 buttons and a really nice scroll wheel.

4C114C4B-0E84-4631-B4B4-71914E565381.jpeg

Billy Rocker

Kill Count: Two autistic kids and a tranny
kiwifarms.net
r/buildapc is full of these. God forbid someone wants to have "old tech" on their PC like Blue-ray players or wants to use all of their fan slots on their case. If someone is adding a CD/DVD player in this day in age there is likely a reason for it and they don't want to hear about your opinions on CDs being obsolete.

My favourite are the guys that bitch about intel vs amd. You can almost taste the Cheeto dust from their fat smug fingers. Most people just want to know what's going to give them the best bang for their buck.
Pretty much anything related to Computers or PC Gaming on reddit is like this. And if you mention you have a prebuilt PC, no matter what the reason (ex. individual parts being very expensive and taxed where you live), you will get a lot of rich fat elitists telling you that you should BUILD IT YOURSELF BUILD IT YOURSELF!!, ignoring your whole issue. Either that or /r/pcmasterrace spergs start boasting about how you're a petty inferior console peasant for not building your own PC to play games.

Also Intel vs AMD vs Nvidia or whatever is the PC equivalent of console war autism.

Safir

ノークレーム・ノーリターン
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

...One of the cornerstone mathematical results I am relying on is the graph edge crossing lemma (or edge crossing inequality). It gives a lower bound for the minimum number of edge crossings cr(G) ...
There is the crossing number cr(G)cr(G) (minimum of edge crossings in a drawing of GG), but also the pair crossing number pcr(G)pcr(G), the minimum number of edge pairs crossing in a drawing of GG. I double-checked my algorithms and, based on this definition, I clearly apply the pair crossing number pcr(G)...

TL;DR: OP's entire PhD thesis is wrong because he somehow missed a fundamental fact. Academia, amirite?

Here's the smarmy asshole in the comments:

If there is a wider question based on the 'submission of the thesis given a problem' aspect, it might be worth asking/checking on the Academia StackExchange. You've already done the work, so having to redo anything major is probably out of scope at this point (funding, time, ... etc.), and that shouldn't prevent you from submitting or getting the PhD. It's just a matter of clearly stating any assumptions made and the limitations surrounding the work, and preparing for the viva with this in mind. Don't fall into the trap of having the PhD drag on forever to make it 'perfect'. – Benedict W. J. Irwin yesterday

The Real SVP

kiwifarms.net
He's right, though. At lest in a "worth a shot" sense. The point of a PhD thesis is to prove that you fit in with the rest of the academic community. Showing off a mistake you made, explaining what happened, why it happened, what you learned from it, and what everybody else can learn from your predicament might just do the trick.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being one of these people answering in such a smarmy, smugfag way. Always conjures up this image in my head of some fat neckbeard virgin with rage who can't do shit but piss on people for daring to ask a tech related question. The question is stupid iyo? Maybe don't waste time answering it?

potato fan

kiwifarms.net
it's not only tech forums, same applies to motorisation forums

I own a motorcycle, and the owners forum for it is pretty terrible, and it doesn't help that it's a cheapo bike so many owners are very cost-conscious
some recent examples of threads there

Q: hi guys, has anyone got any experience with painting the frame in a professional painting place? how much does it cost usually?
A: why would you paint the frame? if you have rust on frame, just remove it with steel wool, and then put some primer and spraypaint the place in similar color. If it's not rusted, just leave it as it is

Q: hi guys, I wanted to customise my bike a little, I was thinking of putting a slightly wider tire on the back for nicer looks, do you know if it will work? will an inch wider tire require me to change the wheel too?
A: why would you do that? I think the engineers at [motorbrand] know the best what tires work best for that model, just look into your owners manual
A2: what a stupid idea, why not better use that money to renovate the engine and drivetrain so it lasts longer?
A3: I think the stock bike looks is ok, why would you want to change it?
A4: customising is stupid because in the end when you will be selling the bike you won't get as high price as for the stock one
and so on, many more replies, not one actually answering the question in OP

Kenobi

kiwifarms.net
From LTT forum
Op : here is my build im thinking on buying. Is there anything i should change
Answers like this :
1596259585666.png

Not an answer to why he should/shouldnt buy nvidia cards. Just UH i wouldnt do that. Why even fucking comment then?
1596259725388.png

Then we have this thats just flat out wrong. Why wouldn´t an intel i9900k processor be able to stream/record?

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
From LTT forum
Op : here is my build im thinking on buying. Is there anything i should change
Answers like this :
View attachment 1487804
Not an answer to why he should/shouldnt buy nvidia cards. Just UH i wouldnt do that. Why even fucking comment then?
View attachment 1487806
Then we have this thats just flat out wrong. Why wouldn´t an intel i9900k processor be able to stream/record?
I'm not familiar with streaming setups but software encoding will produce better results than hardware encoding at the expense of taking up a lot of resources so having a couple of unused cores could be useful. Maybe he was going for something like that. In most games it probably won't matter much.

You should add to the shit show and point out that between Intel, AMD and Nvidia, Intel's QuickSync is the best HW encoder. It can only be used when using the IGP but that's not necessary to say.

Tags
None