Preston Poulter et al v. Ali "Dean" Assaf et al (2021) -

I'm not a Robot

kiwifarms.net
Preston predicts success will come in 2024.

1624499129100.png

In the video Preston also explained that Lamont's work cannot be pedo because it was on Deviant Art. He claimed that since the ToS on Deviant Art disallows pedo, nothing appearing on the site can be pedo.
What does that say about Kickstarter declining to approve his books then?

1624499621700.png

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Preston predicts success will come in 2024.

View attachment 2289466

View attachment 2289489
I so wish we had video of the meeting where the now departed lawyers got their first looks at the "art" that Preston was suing over. I'm fairly certain that their reasons for withdrawing was a polite way of saying "we've discovered the client is a fucking nutcase. More so than we originally suspected."

I'm not a Robot

kiwifarms.net
The judge has granted the attorney's motion to withdraw. Preston and John have until July 6th to file written notice with the court indicating whether they have retained new council or will proceed as pro se litigants. Neither can represent the other, so I don't know how that would work. Would their claims need to be split into separate lawsuits?

The case has also been referred to Magistrate Judge David L. Horan for pretrial management.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The judge has granted the attorney's motion to withdraw. Preston and John have until July 6th to file written notice with the court whether they have retained new council or will proceed as pro se litigants. Neither can represent the other, so I don't know how that would work. The case has also been referred to Magistrate Judge David L. Horan for pretrial management.

View attachment 2289704 View attachment 2289705 View attachment 2289706 View attachment 2289707
What a shit show.

Strix454

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2289489

The problems for Preston/Lamont are:

1) Kickstarter didn';t outright reject the books. It requested changes to the books that Lamont then declined to make.

2) Kickstarter requested changes to demonatrix on re-submission by Lamont. Finding problems with a book after re-submission
is different than retroactively rejecting an already approved book. I'm not aware of why the book was re-submitted
but my hunch would be that it was done by choice by Lamont. That hunch could of course be wrong. But it still
does not change the fact that the book went through a second submission process.

3) The complaint makes no statements of fact to show that any of these actions by Kickstarter had anything to do with
the "defamatory statements".

4) Worst of all for them, there is a video from March 10, 2021 where Lamont, Preston and others discuss potential
difficulty in getting Lamont's books through Kickstarter.

The video opens with Preston saying they are discussing the market for the demonatrix on Kickstarter.

Larry Holder then asks if the "3d" style of art would be accepted or not. Lamont then responds (in part) that "I know I
am aware of that and I know I'm fighting an uphill battle".

The statements seem to suggest that those involved knew that getting the book with its art style through
Kickstarter would be difficult (an uphill battle). That would seem an admission that they faced
other issues at kickstarter than the claimed defamitory sttatements.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
3) The complaint makes no statements of fact to show that any of these actions by Kickstarter had anything to do with
the "defamatory statements".
Pointing out that this dude's art obviously features characters who look like children and have sex is not actionable defamation. Anyone looking at this shit would come to the same conclusion. Concluding that anyone creating shit like this as their entire output is probably a pedophile is not only a reasonable and probably correct conclusion, but at the very worst, is an opinion based on the kind of people associated with such art.

Strix454

kiwifarms.net
The judge has granted the attorney's motion to withdraw. Preston and John have until July 6th to file written notice with the court indicating whether they have retained new council or will proceed as pro se litigants. Neither can represent the other, so I don't know how that would work. Would their claims need to be split into separate lawsuits?
Probably. And if the complaint is separated, I don't see a way that Lamont's complaint could be filed per sea in Texas given that Lamont lives in Florida. I think any attempt at pro se litigation would be a descent into full-blown insanity. Just the jurisdictional issues alone are so complicated that there would be no chance of keeping the case alive for long.

Yuusha-sama

We did a little trolling
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who's this Lamont who y'all are talking about? I just looked at Preston's GoFuckMe and didn't see a word about any "Lamont".
You should read the thread then.
It's explained in the OP.
The OP is quoting someone who gives a proper rundown(including John's dox).
I also posted a ton of pictures of him and stuff posted on discord by him.

Edit:I looked at your post history.
what is your Problem, you seem to know who he is:
1624640902312.png

MonkeyBaby

kiwifarms.net
I was making a joke about how Preston's fundraising efforts do not mention Lamont at all. If you read the GoFundMe, Preston gives the impression EVS supposedly branded him as a CP peddler for no reason. That's it.

I hope your weekend hasn't been ruined.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2231934
Poulter was selling things today at an RPG convention. No security in sight, at $400/hour (edit, oops) per diem (or not). 🤔
View attachment 2231940

Is this as bad a look as I think it is? Technically it is not a "comic book convention," after all. But it is the same day he filed this, contra that.
1624651773187.png
Not that it matters, I guess, but Poulter is at a comic book convention this weekend in New Mexico with no evidence I can see of any "additional security" in place.

https://archive.md/u3R8B

1624652007770.png

Strix454

kiwifarms.net
The SJW guy Forced Adversity who did the youtube video promoting Preston and his gofundme has now shut off comments to the video. The comments didn't seem to go the way Preston wanted. Rather than outrage over evil comicsgate, they got discussions of Preston's politics and Lamont's art. Both of which are outside the story Preston seems to want told. I tend to think based on the way he has behaved that the guy Forced Adversity is either closer to Preston than it originally seemed or has such a hard-on for attacking comicsgate that he will support anything that goes after it.

Preston seems to be pushing a narrative where he fighting @FROG alone to stop stalking and harassment. He doesn't want Lamont or his art mentioned. He doesn't want Vikki or Dean brought up. And he very, very much doesn't want the question of why a guy who claims to have "fuck you money" has to go to the public begging for cash. Its all about Preston fighting @FROG because the police will not do it.

Two $100 payments to the gofundme also appeared at about the same time (middle of the day) today. I guess that after four days, he either self-donated or had one of his idiot followers make the donation.

Last edited:

Strix454

kiwifarms.net
Jeremy Masten and Mohammed 'Sameer' Ahmed are entering an appearance on behalf of Plaintiffs John T. Lamont and Preston Poulter

The Ahmed Firm

The Masten Law firm

At first glance, these guys seem a considerable step down in terms of legal talent.

Ahmed appears to be a two-person firm doing business law but talking alot about hail damage cases, family law and personal injury on the website as well. Ahmed has his undergrad degree from SMU (good) but his law degree from South Texas College of Law which I don't know much about.

Masten used to (MAYBE) work at a big firm in Maryland and seems like a smart & capable guy. But these days he lives in a small town between Austin and Waco. The most promanent area he talks about on his web page is personal bankruptcy law. He also does all the usual things a small-town lawyer would do (family law, immigration, small-time criminal defense. He went to Baylor Law School but he is a single-person practice now.

My opinion is that Ahmed took it for the money and that Masten took it because its a weird case & he is board.

Weirdo Attorneys for Weirdo clients......

----------------
Note - the thing about him working at a big firm in Maryland may not be true. I wasn't able to find out who he worked for in Maryland early in his career.

Last edited:

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

TherapyMan

kiwifarms.net
The Ahmed Firm

The Masten Law firm

At first glance, these guys seem a considerable step down in terms of legal talent.
Your impression seems to be on the money.
Ahmed appears to be a two-person firm doing business law but talking alot about hail damage cases, family law and personal injury on the website as well. Ahmed has his undergrad degree from SMU (good) but his law degree from South Texas College of Law which I don't know much about.
South Texas is not a good law school generally speaking, but it has an okay reputation for teaching litigation. It's a private law school that matriculates mostly unemployable lawyers who have no other choice but to go into practice as solo practitioners. The fact that Ahmed has managed to survive as a solo practitioner for over two decades at least shows that he has some degree of ability despite his shitty alma mater.

Masten used to work at a big firm and seems like a smart & capable guy.
I don't know where you're seeing that he worked at a big firm on his page. Maybe I'm just blind. I am seeing that he worked at an actual firm with a real practice for a number of years where he maintains a position as Of Counsel. Nothing I would consider "big" like Jones Day, Kirkland & Ellis, or Porter Wright.

Reading his page at Hawash, Cicack & Gaston LLP, it seems he was pretty academically accomplished in law school. He was an executive editor on the law review and graduated as a member of the order of the barristers, so (at one point) he could at minimum research and present well.
But these days he lives in a small town between Austin and Waco. The most promanent area he talks about on his web page is personal bankruptcy law. He also does all the usual things a small-town lawyer would do (family law, immigration, small-time criminal defense. He went to Baylor Law School but he is a single-person practice now.
He seems to be new to the solo practioner thing. He became Of Counsel in July 2020, which may indicate he got lightly transitioned out at Hawash, Cicack, & Gaston due to the COVID-19 business downswing. Defamation isn't one of his practice areas, so he's likely just taking what he can get until he becomes more established.

Finally, I would not trust a solo practitioner who hosts his firm on a fucking wordpress.

Strix454

kiwifarms.net
I don't know where you're seeing that he worked at a big firm on his page. Maybe I'm just blind. I am seeing that he worked at an actual firm with a real practice for a number of years where he maintains a position as Of Counsel. Nothing I would consider "big" like Jones Day, Kirkland & Ellis, or Porter Wright.

I jumped to a conclusion based on the text on his "who am i" page:

"I worked on a massive lawsuit filed by a bunch of homeowners. Their water supply had been polluted when a nearby gas station leaked 27,000 gallons of gas over the course of a month. We took literally hundreds of depositions and spent six months in trial."

I assumed he graduated, moved to Maryland for a job and that job had to be with someone significant given the type of case. But thinking about it again, there could be alot of other explanations. I couldn't find anything who he was working for in Maryland. I put him into a pattern of other attorneys I've seen but without solid proof of it.

Finally, I would not trust a solo practitioner who hosts his firm on a fucking wordpress.

Agreed on that.