• [Dec 12, 2017 at 11:24 AM] @zedkissed60: I wonder who's getting doxed today
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

PS1gamenwatch's World News Megathread

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by PS1gamenwatch, Oct 11, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. Yep. Who do you think cleans up a good proportion (possibly even the majority) of the Somali pirates?

Speaking of, we should now totally use our destroyers to raid the Mediterranean coast and tell Merkel to suck it.

• Like  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    • Dumb  x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. The UK is incredibly weak and lacks a firm standing in the world, anymore. Queen Elizabeth has had enumerated, government powers yet she refuses to use them for the benefit of her people. Don't get me started on the "she's just a figurehead" mantra. If she can participate in WWII, then why can't she participate in the country's most important discussions and happenings of the century? She simply doesn't care about the Commonwealth nations or her own people for that matter. Too much corruption and exceptional shit could be shut down from soc tories and commie labour, but yet the royal family are too content with being globalist pussies to step in. Most of the dopes actually in charge would rather self-sabotage their military for failure, or play peek-a-boo with Russia.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    StyrofoamFridge

StyrofoamFridge Kentucky Lesbian Mafia Conspirator
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  3. Is Britain capable of putting the full needed supporting fleet out to sea with their Carrier? I thought they were having a bit of a manpower problem and couldn't field crews? Also is the Carrier fully operational? I thought they were still training and working out the kinks with the f-35's?

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  4. Lol what? You realize its the Aircraft Carrier Queen Elizabeth, not the actual person being parachuted in to saber rattle in the orient.

• Like  x 7
    • Winner  x 3
    • Feels  x 3
    • Disagree  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    •  x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  5. Honestly Phillip would probably be a better choice to piss them off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  6. What are the Brits gonna do? Yell at them loudly? The Royal Navy is effective as the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Forces. Like the JMSDF, They're gonna go there, shit their pants, do nothing and leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Cedric_Eff

Cedric_Eff I’m the Lord of the Harvest!

kiwifarms.is
  7. tbf the Queen Lizzy is a hell of a ship simply by virtue of carrying a bunch of F-35s. China's most cutting edge and elite forces can stand up to that, but the vast majority of Chinese forces are glorified reservists with Vietnam era surplus.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    xxXDxx

xxXDxx just magic, ain't gotta explain shit

kiwifarms.is
  8. Are F-35s better than Su-27s?

Cedric_Eff

kiwifarms.is
  9. Should be. Flankers aren't really low-observable from any angle. In theory, F-35s will have a hail of AMRAAMs launched before the Flankers can see them. Stealth versus non-stealth air combat should, in theory, be a slaughter.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    xxXDxx

xxXDxx just magic, ain't gotta explain shit

kiwifarms.is
  10. Falklands, nigger.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  11. But didn't that degrade them alot?

Cedric_Eff

kiwifarms.is
  12. Wait, we sent our ONLY Aircraft Carrier halfway across the globe with barely any support?

This is the worst flex of all time, we barely have a Navy any more. Hell in five years we've only built two ships. To combat Russia my ass, they have way more ships than we do, AND they have Cruisers.

The hell is wrong with our government?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Deus Ex Macarena

Deus Ex Macarena Lift Off For Love

kiwifarms.is
  13. No, not really. The Admirals all cowardly said it couldn't be done and the UK was too far away to do anything about the Islands.

Thatcher told them to shut the fuck up and send out the fleet, she also yelled at Regan a lot until he let us use Ascension Island's runway for refueling, on the basis of "Your lease will be up, mate." The RAF resumed a presence there.

It's why the UK, post-Falklands, keeps a squadron of Tornados on the Island now on a permanent basis. 4 Tornados are enough to keep away what's left of the Argentine Airforce away, which is usually too busy trying to menance Chile and other states to the North.

Really the main problem is the Navy and the ministers behind it have Big-Ship-Itus still. The amazing Black Swan sloop concept was pretty much immediately killed despite the fact larger numbers of small attack craft would be way more appropriate for the kind of shit the Royal Navy mostly engages in (ganking pirates, cartel drug runners, etc) and a hell of a lot cheaper than the £1bn a head destroyers and the £250m per ship Type 31 Frigates.

The other problem is funding is still a bit of an issue, the UK armed forces is still suffering from Blair's exceptional "Everyone gets the same budget" attitude during the early 2000's, when the order has been for a good century now Navy--->Airforce--->Army. It's taken the better part of 20 years and austerity to unpick this issue.

On top of that, Barwell's a bit of an idiot that doesn't get on well with the chiefs of staff, with his reported comments including creating legions of technicals out of any vehicle going cheap... including sticking guns and AT launchers on tractors.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Ponderous Pillock

Ponderous Pillock I have no mouth and I must meme
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  14. I'm sure the Chinese submarine fleet and what's left of the Russian Pacific sub force will have a fun time taking pictures and establishing an acoustic profile of this carrier

• Agree Agree x 8
    millais

millais The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas

kiwifarms.is
  15. Combined Task Force 151 is responsible for that area. It's a multi-national(30+ navies) effort, but I didn't think they are ever more than a couple British ships involved.
    A battalion of light infantry in technicals would be ideal for low intensity conflicts in various Shithole Countries™ Putting AT on tractors is where he looses me though. The mental image of a Fastrac with spike launchers behind the cab has thrown me into a laughing/coughing fit.
    As far as weapons systems mounted to COTS equipment I do really like the archer artillery system.

• Like Like x 4
    1Tonka_Truck

1Tonka_Truck Loaded Like A Boxcar Moving Like A Racecar

kiwifarms.is
  16. This is mostly why the UK bought shitloads of the Jackal and have ordered in the Jackal 2. These tactics were used in Afghanistan and were surprisingly effective, as the big, slow convoys had a roving band of Mad Max jeeps mixed in and roaming the countryside either side of them. This was then further pushed with the Jackal's acting as "Tactical support vehicles" because they're small, nippy as fuck armoured cars armed with a GMPG and a .50cal or a 40mm Grenade Launcher. Cheap, flexible and sensible and far better than the hideous old armoured landrovers they replaced.

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  17. Depending on how you define things, and what missions you're looking to undertake, the JMSDF might actually be more effective than the RN at this point. They have more surface combatants, and better ASW. Only thing they really lack is SSBNs and a proper CV. The former they'll never get, but they are getting F-35Bs to turn the Izumo-class in a baby carrier.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Captain Manning

Captain Manning "Good luck, kid."

kiwifarms.is
  18. The Brits do have a decent navy.
    Sure it's nothing to the American one but the American Navy is as big as the rest of the world's navies put together.

• Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  19. The Royal Navy once enacted the two power rule.

The US Navy enacts the "Fuck everyone we own the seas." rule.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  20. Last time I heard the F-35 had a lot of technical issues. Were those actually ironed out already? It has been like a year so its possible.

Male Idiot

Male Idiot Redneck Cephalopod.

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.