Ragen Chastain / Dances with Fat / Fat Out Loud -

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Are you fucking kidding me?

This is on the Official Olympics Youtube Channel.

Just, fuck off.

Edit: Archive just in case they take it down due to da trollz.

Meet Ragen Chastain the heaviest woman to ever complete a marathon | Body +

Last edited:

Oglethorpe

Different army, DORKFACE!
kiwifarms.net

Just, fuck off.

View attachment 1226216
I wish there was a lol reaction for things such as this. This is hilarious.

sperginity

why the fuck does a dolphin need a wheelchair?????
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Just, fuck off.

View attachment 1226216
this is fucking old though, isn't it? She already gave up on an iron man and this was the time she fucked up her ankle over a year ago, right??

I think maybe the olympic channel people don't have a lot of content because of covid and the games being delayed, so they wen't "fuck it" and put out anything they had to try and get people to watch. they can't film anything, even.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
this is fucking old though, isn't it? She already gave up on an iron man and this was the time she fucked up her ankle over a year ago, right??

I think maybe the olympic channel people don't have a lot of content because of covid and the games being delayed, so they wen't "fuck it" and put out anything they had to try and get people to watch. they can't film anything, even.

Ragen's original "race report" was May 9th, so the race itself was at least 11 months ago, but I don't think any footage had ever been released until now.

Here are her splits:

Ragen Chastain Spring Sprint Results 2019-05.jpg

Diet Coke 4 Life

When I peek, it is in the line of duty.
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, that's supremely slow.

Her cycling alone wouldn't meet Ironman time - having calculated it out before, a steady average of 13.5 mph is required to meet the time requirement. And that was after years of 'hard training' and doing 'targeted cadence training' (which is bullshit, btw - some of us can maintain a solid 18+mph with a slow as fuck cadence because we grind higher gear ratios for very, very long distances).

Ah, Ragen, you never fail to disappoint.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, that's supremely slow.

Her cycling alone wouldn't meet Ironman time - having calculated it out before, a steady average of 13.5 mph is required to meet the time requirement. And that was after years of 'hard training' and doing 'targeted cadence training' (which is bullshit, btw - some of us can maintain a solid 18+mph with a slow as fuck cadence because we grind higher gear ratios for very, very long distances).

Ah, Ragen, you never fail to disappoint.

Also keep in mind, this is a SUPER SPRINT. The swim was 400 meters and the bike was 10 miles. The usual sprint is 750 meters swim and 12.4 mile bike, and the Olympic distance is double those. So these speeds are much faster than she could maintain for longer distances.

To put her bike speed in perspective, anyone that can run a 5K race in under 21:30 can run faster than Ragen can bike.

Last edited:

Diet Coke 4 Life

When I peek, it is in the line of duty.
kiwifarms.net
No, that wasn't the frankenbike. The frankenbike was a lovely carbon fiber Jamis that she first butchered and turned into a monstrosity then later sold to afford the Carver she had to have custom built.

yivzgein98p01.jpg

Compared to the Jamis:
cz9nump.jpg

Note not only the difference in the top tubes, but also the very slack angle of the seat post and the slack angle of the fork on the Carver as compared to the Jamis. This is the difference between a women's road bike (the Jamis) and a custom-built... thing.

And yes, she was just coasting because her bike is set up exactly like a cruiser. It's a cruiser with drop handlebars.

Haesindang Park

kiwifarms.net

Just, fuck off.

View attachment 1226216

I thought the Olympics was about athletes at their peak performances and competition. Then again, more food retail stores, from McDonald's to Starbucks, sponsor the Olympics more than fitness and health companies do.

sperginity

why the fuck does a dolphin need a wheelchair?????
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ragencha.jpg
I went looking for updates, not a lot here except 1/12 of her instagram page advertising herself as a comedian, and the other 11/12ths lecturing people about what they are allowed to think or say. I'm afraid that hannah gadsby has already cornered the market for fat humorless women in comedy, there isn't much room left for ragen. Ideas on her next grift?

Constellationzero

MAPP gas huffer
kiwifarms.net
"Eating disorders community??" WTF?
And yeah, they don't have fatphobia. Phobias are irrational fears. They (and I) just can't stand you and your appropriation of serious debilitating conditions like anorexia nervosa, bulimia, self-harm (although in your case, you are self-harming).

No, it's shitstains like you, Ragen, who are harming those with eating disorders. Whether you're triggering potentially recovering anorexics, minimizing their crippling fears and anxieties, and otherwise bogarting resources and attention from those women and men who need it, YOU are harming people of all sizes, not the other way around.

Innit time for your slovenly ass to go get another Ironman tattoo in celebration of yet another abject failure in your life?

Tathagata

He who has thus come/gone
kiwifarms.net
People like Ragen being shown all over like places like FPH (back when reddit wasn't a tencent shitlib shill site) actively helped me motivate myself to lose weight and become of a more normal/skinny size. For all the harm she does, I wonder how many people have seen her and her lies as the final straw which helped them to change their lifestyle.

If she wants to martyrdom herself at the altar of fatness for the sake of people to become healthier, I say let her ruin her life and end up dead in a ditch when her frankenbike breaks down on the road and she can't prop herself up. I mean, how many oblivious fat moms seeking approval for their unhealthy lifestyles were really going to change and become better before seeing her bullshit?

Angry New Ager

Farting for God soon
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
...I say let her ruin her life and end up dead in a ditch when her frankenbike breaks down on the road and she can't prop herself up.
Ah, but that would require her to actually ride the Frankenbike--which she only does when she needs to blog about or take pics of herself "training." Every blog post she's ever made about riding a bike has only highlighted her total ineptitude and lack of confidence at it, which is as sure a sign as any that she never does it. Even after a couple of years of maintaining the pretense she was training for an Ironman, she still was making such stupid beginner mistakes on the bike, it's amazing she didn't have training wheels.

Sorry, fam; she doesn't ride, so she's going to die in some other horribly unpleasant way. But she has plenty of viable options ahead of her.

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
Regan is more likely to slip in the shower and brain herself or other household accident than death by bicycle.

Last I recall, most of her bike 'training' was on the or at least a bike fixed indoors to be stationary. She had less ability and confidence on a bike outside than an average nine year-old

Last edited: