Random Questions -

itswhitebread

cis white (bread) scum
kiwifarms.net
From what I've seen, most tucutes will automatically lump NB people into a 'probably not truscum?' camp until proven otherwise, because apparently (I've seen one instance of this and it was anon hate) truscum are anti-nb.

Magpie

Your local feathered friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tucutes like to pretend every single non-binary person is automatically aligned with tucute ideals. I used to think truscum hated NB people back when I was in my brief SJW phase which I have long since snapped out of, but then I realized "oh damn" by Tumblr standards, I'm a truscum. Then came the not-very-earth-shattering realization that non-binary truscum can and do exist. Most tucutes I see are pretty much all AFAB, with little to no AMAB people chiming in, yet the tucutes will vilify trans men more than any other trans group. AMAB trans people - be they NB or trans women - I know in real life would all fit the definition of truscum.

There's a handful of those who are under the truscum umbrella - one particular loser coming to mind - who completely ignore the existence of non-binary people. Then again, like I said, this is one person. And this particular person was an all-around moron and shitty person with next to no redeeming qualities to be found. But most of the hatred towards truscum was just drummed up and blown all over by whiny teens who hate real trans people for not letting them join the club or whatever.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking today, we all know the genderspecials who make up their own pronouns like glitterself and whatnot. Are there any racespecials, people who think their race is water or bread or whatever? I know people identify as dragons and foxes and things but that doesn't seem like quite the same thing.

itswhitebread

cis white (bread) scum
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking today, we all know the genderspecials who make up their own pronouns like glitterself and whatnot. Are there any racespecials, people who think their race is water or bread or whatever? I know people identify as dragons and foxes and things but that doesn't seem like quite the same thing.
No, the closest thing to that would be otherkin. I've seen a couple people lie and say they were something something 1/4th cherokee POC 1/3rd tlingit/athabascan with a dash of Malaysian whatever, but that's not the same.

StanCommodore

drugs and fried chicken
kiwifarms.net
Something that's been kinda nagging at me for a while, but are neopronouns an English-only thing?

If not, how the hell do you do you not misgender someone who goes by, say, "kit" and objects to being called a girl if you're talking about them in a language that has gendered adjectives like Spanish? Do you just tack an x or a @ on at the end of the adjective to make it "neutral" or what?

• Agree
Reactions: bowow and APerson

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Something that's been kinda nagging at me for a while, but are neopronouns an English-only thing?

If not, how the hell do you do you not misgender someone who goes by, say, "kit" and objects to being called a girl if you're talking about them in a language that has gendered adjectives like Spanish? Do you just tack an x or a @ on at the end of the adjective to make it "neutral" or what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-neutrality_in_Spanish_and_Portuguese
¡CompañerⒶs!

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I consider myself somewhat of an expert on Tumblrinas (being on the site for four years will do that to you) so if anyone has a question, feel free to ask!

Hat

Tranny Sayaka Miki
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I consider myself somewhat of an expert on Tumblrinas (being on the site for four years will do that to you) so if anyone has a question, feel free to ask!
What's the ratio of "normal" Tumblr blogs to the sort of Tumblr blogs that get talked about here?

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the ratio of "normal" Tumblr blogs to the sort of Tumblr blogs that get talked about here?

Good question! Honestly, there are a ton of cool people on Tumblr. I've made tons of great friends there and met a lot of wonderful people. You just have to be careful about what areas you venture into and what people you associate with.

As for the actual ratio of crazies to non-crazies, I'd say that maybe 25%-30% of people on Tumblr are insane Tumblrinas. It might even be lower than that, but 25%-30% seems about right. It just seems like everyone on Tumblr is crazy because the crazies are the definition of a vocal minority; the majority stays silent because they're scared of the minority attacking them. It's really sad, but people have gotten quieter and quieter because Tumblrinas are so fucking insane and brutal; they'll flood your inbox and reblogs with hate speech in the name of "justice." Most Tumblr blogs aren't very popular, so if they're flooded with this hate, they don't have a lot of support. This has understandably made people more hesitant to speak out, which leads to the impression that the average Tumblr user condones the Tumblrinas' behavior even though we actually don't.

Personally, I'm lucky enough to have a lot of support for my own blog so I try to call people out on their bullshit when I can. I've actually gotten a lot of messages from people over the years thanking me for being so outspoken and unwilling to tolerate Tumblrina bullshit. Recently, it seems like more and more people are getting fed up with being/watching others be bullied and pushed around; I've seen more people stick up for themselves and others than I have previously. I really hope this means that Tumblrinas won't be able to run the site like they have been.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good question! Honestly, there are a ton of cool people on Tumblr. I've made tons of great friends there and met a lot of wonderful people. You just have to be careful about what areas you venture into and what people you associate with.

As for the actual ratio of crazies to non-crazies, I'd say that maybe 25%-30% of people on Tumblr are insane Tumblrinas. It might even be lower than that, but 25%-30% seems about right. It just seems like everyone on Tumblr is crazy because the crazies are the definition of a vocal minority; the majority stays silent because they're scared of the minority attacking them. It's really sad, but people have gotten quieter and quieter because Tumblrinas are so fucking insane and brutal; they'll flood your inbox and reblogs with hate speech in the name of "justice." Most Tumblr blogs aren't very popular, so if they're flooded with this hate, they don't have a lot of support. This has understandably made people more hesitant to speak out, which leads to the impression that the average Tumblr user condones the Tumblrinas' behavior even though we actually don't.

Personally, I'm lucky enough to have a lot of support for my own blog so I try to call people out on their bullshit when I can. I've actually gotten a lot of messages from people over the years thanking me for being so outspoken and unwilling to tolerate Tumblrina bullshit. Recently, it seems like more and more people are getting fed up with being/watching others be bullied and pushed around; I've seen more people stick up for themselves and others than I have previously. I really hope this means that Tumblrinas won't be able to run the site like they have been.

Cosmos is accurate in this assessment. I too have gotten a lot of messages from people thanking me for speaking out against bullshit, though I've pretty much abandoned any political blogging altogether. It's not worth the headache.

I think another aspect of people keeping their heads down is that they might actually buy into some of the rhetoric. There are people who are hesitant to call otherkinism bullshit because they believe that they "don't hurt anybody." People will refuse to deal with aggressive SJWs by saying "those are just a few zealots, there's pedophiles and Nazis on this site too! You should call them out, and not some overacting teenagers!" This permissiveness has emboldened the extremists, dragging the politics of Tumblr further into radicalism. Tumblr is the slippery slope.

IvanaHumpalot

I swear to drunk I'm not God.
kiwifarms.net
Cosmos is accurate in this assessment. I too have gotten a lot of messages from people thanking me for speaking out against bullshit, though I've pretty much abandoned any political blogging altogether. It's not worth the headache.

I think another aspect of people keeping their heads down is that they might actually buy into some of the rhetoric. There are people who are hesitant to call otherkinism bullshit because they believe that they "don't hurt anybody." People will refuse to deal with aggressive SJWs by saying "those are just a few zealots, there's pedophiles and Nazis on this site too! You should call them out, and not some overacting teenagers!" This permissiveness has emboldened the extremists, dragging the politics of Tumblr further into radicalism. Tumblr is the slippery slope.

I was one of the people who sent you message, following you since ever and seeing at least bit of sanity on my dashboard as of lately made me feel a lot at ease. Not enough yet, but I'm working out on it. I thought I was starting to go bonkers and was on verge of thinking ''am I sane?''.

Fuck being scared of whiny kids on Tumblr. At least I gathered some balls to promptly unfollow some bullshit moment I see it. My nerves are not worthy of being bothered by stupid crap on that site.

Also what's with shitty apologia ''women are beautiful all men are trash U w U'' ? Are these people so deluded into thinking that women can't fucking do wrong?

It's not only the fact that ''women need more uplifting posts because patriarchy made us feel like shit'' or whatever, but a lot of posts I've seen are combination of glorifying women while shitting on men constantly. I've been called by men a lots of stuff from derogatory stuff about my heritage to ''slut'' and ''whore'', but what women did to me with their behaviour was by far worst I've experienced. Because of it I have major trust issues towards anyone toda and I'm mostly secluded in my bubble that's my family, my few friends and my boyfriend. I used to be a lot more outgoing person, but I'm still struggling with it. :c

Quick edit: What prompted me into this question is post I saw minutes ago on my dashboard about women and periods and how women are just being more fed up with constant bullshit they receive. No sir, hormones are totally not a thing, and they totally cannot fuck up the way you think. You are certainly right to just snap out randomly on people. I can understand notion of that argument, but it's definitely sending wrong vibes on Tumblr. PMS can fuck you up sometimes really hard.

Then again, if women are hormonal it's a OK, but if men are being overly masculine then it's worthy of crying noises ''MASCULINITY OPPRESS ME''? Oh come ON.

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also what's with shitty apologia ''women are beautiful all men are trash U w U'' ? Are these people so deluded into thinking that women can't fucking do wrong?

It's not only the fact that ''women need more uplifting posts because patriarchy made us feel like shit'' or whatever, but a lot of posts I've seen are combination of glorifying women while shitting on men constantly. I've been called by men a lots of stuff from derogatory stuff about my heritage to ''slut'' and ''whore'', but what women did to me with their behaviour was by far worst I've experienced. Because of it I have major trust issues towards anyone toda and I'm mostly secluded in my bubble that's my family, my few friends and my boyfriend. I used to be a lot more outgoing person, but I'm still struggling with it. :c

Quick edit: What prompted me into this question is post I saw minutes ago on my dashboard about women and periods and how women are just being more fed up with constant bullshit they receive. No sir, hormones are totally not a thing, and they totally cannot fuck up the way you think. You are certainly right to just snap out randomly on people. I can understand notion of that argument, but it's definitely sending wrong vibes on Tumblr. PMS can fuck you up sometimes really hard.

Then again, if women are hormonal it's a OK, but if men are being overly masculine then it's worthy of crying noises over stupid crap like that? Oh come ON.
Is it just me or do a significantly larger amount of tumblrinas/proto-tumblrinas smoke than one would expect of their age

IvanaHumpalot

I swear to drunk I'm not God.
kiwifarms.net
Is it just me or do a significantly larger amount of tumblrinas/proto-tumblrinas smoke than one would expect of their age

That's one of things that solidified fact that Tumblr is filled with fucking kids.

Don't get me wrong, I've met brilliant younger people, but it seems there's huge pattern in it size of China Wall and can be seen from miles away. Sometimes I also thought that I was just getting old grumpy hag or some shit, but it's just that when you're younger you're not experienced that much (it depends on a case).

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Then again, if women are hormonal it's a OK, but if men are being overly masculine then it's worthy of crying noises ''MASCULINITY OPPRESS ME''? Oh come ON.
I think that overall it is just a supremacy ideology in the same way that ideologies associated with patriarchy and eurocentrism are, just one that doesn't have as much power (and hopefully won't gain any more power). The arguments are bad because they are just appeasement of skeptics rather than actual justifications

Megahertz

Like a damn fiddle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also what's with shitty apologia ''women are beautiful all men are trash U w U'' ? Are these people so deluded into thinking that women can't fucking do wrong?.

I'm gonna say that although a lot of people post like that, they hardly if ever carry those beliefs seriously into real life. I confess that I like my feminism with radical sprinkles, but I still have plenty of male friends whom I love very much. While it would be nice for men not to be raised to be so "grr asshole man aggro", women can be and often are downright nasty.

Gender roles suck (for men, too!) and women are objectified etc. but at the end of the day having vitriol towards a group does nothing. "Women can do nothing wrong and are glorious and men suck uwu" can be seen as a coping mechanism to women who have been knocked back by sexism and just want to let their frustrations out, but it's a flawed tactic that not everybody will agree with, and if left unchecked it can seriously hurt people. Moderation is key.

• Agree
Reactions: bowow and Meowthkip

Captain_Asshole

That's me!
kiwifarms.net
Hello. First time poster here and I have a question. If I find some guy/tumblr blog/SJW webcomic that I maybe deem worthy of taking a look at, should I create a new thread for it, or post it at the ''random tumblr posts'' thread? Thank you and I apologize in advance for bad English.

Tags
None