Random Questions -

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hello. First time poster here and I have a question. If I find some guy/tumblr blog/SJW webcomic that I maybe deem worthy of taking a look at, should I create a new thread for it, or post it at the ''random tumblr posts'' thread? Thank you and I apologize in advance for bad English.

I'd say Random Tumblr Posts thread.

Jumpin Jenkins

Needs About Tree Fiddy
kiwifarms.net
Hello. First time poster here and I have a question. If I find some guy/tumblr blog/SJW webcomic that I maybe deem worthy of taking a look at, should I create a new thread for it, or post it at the ''random tumblr posts'' thread? Thank you and I apologize in advance for bad English.
Depends on how terrible it is.

• Dumb
Reactions: Blindrainbow

Megahertz

Like a damn fiddle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question.
Why do people put "/"s after tags, especially if those tags are of potentially nsfw/objectionable things? Stuff like "#gore //" or "#nudity ///" What the hell do the slashes do?

Rung

It's just 'Rung', as in a ladder.
kiwifarms.net
I have a question.
Why do people put "/"s after tags, especially if those tags are of potentially nsfw/objectionable things? Stuff like "#gore //" or "#nudity ///" What the hell do the slashes do?

Keeps it from showing up in tumblr.com/tagged/gore or username.tumblr.com/tagged/gore.

I've only seen the ubersensitive tumblrinas use those, but it's pretty hilarious as they don't want it tagged, but doing (word)/// still 'tags' it under Tumblr's keyword search under tumblr.com/search/keyword (unless it's a reblog). A big problem that comes with those types of tags is that Tumblr Savior/Xkit wont catch it and filter it out because of those stupid "///".

Megahertz

Like a damn fiddle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've only seen the ubersensitive tumblrinas use those, but it's pretty hilarious as they don't want it tagged, but doing (word)/// still 'tags' it under Tumblr's keyword search under tumblr.com/search/keyword (unless it's a reblog). A big problem that comes with those types of tags is that Tumblr Savior/Xkit wont catch it and filter it out because of those stupid "///".
What's often mindboggling to me is that so many tumblrinas don't use savior/xkit blocking. I get asking people to tag something but asking them to not post it entirely because you don't want to see it? There's an entire solution to that that doesn't involve you being an invasive asshole.

Also I've seen various types of people put the slashes, but it does seem to be concentrated among the hyper-aware, yes.

Rung

It's just 'Rung', as in a ladder.
kiwifarms.net
What's often mindboggling to me is that so many tumblrinas don't use savior/xkit blocking. I get asking people to tag something but asking them to not post it entirely because you don't want to see it? There's an entire solution to that that doesn't involve you being an invasive asshole.

Yeah, Xkit is an amazing add-on for blocking tags and posts away from your dashboard. I can't imagine using tumblr without it and it's mini add-ons like postblocker and blacklist. There is so many posts that i've used the 'postblocker' for (re: politics as discussing politics and being civil on tumblr is impossible.) and after it's been blocked once, it never shows up again even if it's reblogged by others. (it also helps when you follow a bunch of people who all reblog the same stuff from each other so your dash isn't spammed constantly by repeating posts.)

Megahertz

Like a damn fiddle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
(it also helps when you follow a bunch of people who all reblog the same stuff from each other so your dash isn't spammed constantly by repeating posts.)
Tumblr staff are incompetent as fuck and I really wish they would take measures to fix this. I can't install xkit on the uni computers and the difference between those and my PC is staggering. We shouldn't need xkit to make the site usable (although yay, it exists!).

There was quite a bit of drama (possibly already talked about on this subforum?) involving SJWs harassing xkit guy and now I don't know if he's left tumblr for good.:heart-empty:

itswhitebread

cis white (bread) scum
kiwifarms.net
Another hilarious thing people sometimes do to get around stuff showing up in the search is putting dashes or asterisks in the middle of words-- for example, if I wanted to shittalk tumblr user exampleface, but I didn't want posts with their name coming up in the search, I'd do something like ex//am//plefa/ce. I've seen that happen a lot.

Meowthkip

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question.

They keep the spam blogs from finding your blog so you don't have 12 dozen "deepthroatmilf69.tumblr.com"s following you.

Meowthkip

Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One is a real word, the other is a word for shota/yaoi fangirls, certain lesbian cultures, and emo fags

That's a bit harsh.

The other one is just prime meme estate, i.e. "who would win, a giant tarp filled with flaming hot gas or one pointy boi," *deep inhale* BOI," "damn, boi, HE THICC," or "I'm fast as fuck, BOI."

Zoomers love it.

exhausted

Not mad on the internet, just sad on the internet.
kiwifarms.net
That's a bit harsh.

The other one is just prime meme estate, i.e. "who would win, a giant tarp filled with flaming hot gas or one pointy boi," *deep inhale* BOI," "damn, boi, HE THICC," or "I'm fast as fuck, BOI."

Zoomers love it.
I wasn't thinking about zoomers using it as a meme, you're right

Tags
None