• "whorephobic"

RE: Proving Grounds

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by hood LOLCOW, May 16, 2018 at 10:09 AM.

Forum Guidelines

If you are reporting a technical problem that involves the main website and its look / usage, I need your browser and operating system. "Me too" and "I have this issue" rarely never helps.

If you are reporting a Cloudflare issue, give me your Ray ID and country name, especially if it's an intermittent problem.

1. I realize that Proving Grounds is a great concept, as it allows time to look for great content before it goes live, but I feel that there's one problem with it: currently it's open to public, allowing thread subjects to discover their thread. While the Sam Ambreen thread exploded because of this, I feel that it's possible a thread subject discovering their thread in PG may DFE, instead of exploding like Sam here. I think PG should be made so that it's members only.

Thoughts?

hood LOLCOW

hood LOLCOW Conflict Resolution Officer
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. make it for supporters only and that idea sounds great

CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  3. I'm okay with it being members only

kiwifarms.is
  4. Perhaps also put an activity requirement? Things like number of messages, ratings received, etc. Cows could still create a trash account and monitor Proving Grounds if there is none.

Big Bad Brat

Big Bad Brat (Bitch.)
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  5. The reason I think that's a bad idea is because a lot of the cows got drawn out because this place had a thread on them, some even years after the thread was already unactive. But I'm in support of the Proving Grounds being member-only, because otherwise what's the point of the board if not to refine threads?

Desire Lines

Desire Lines Выдра без забот и хлопот!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. So, PG now has more requirements than just being a registered user, or I lost the privileges of accessing it?
    I had a thread pending a rewrite, which I'll be happy to do as time allows (my mistake making a new thread midweek), it doesn't look like it was deleted as it still shows up for me in the PG list (the only thread that shows) but I can't enter it.

kiwifarms.is
  7. I think I'm having the same problems as you. I have a thread posted on Proving Grounds that I can't access at the moment but mods and even another users are able see it just fine. I've already message the mods about this.
    I would appreciated if someone would tell us what those are requirements are, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having these problem.

In the Air of the Night

In the Air of the Night PACK MY BOX WITH FIVE DOZEN LIQUOR JUGS

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.