Registrations will remain closed to the public throughout June, 2022.

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

DNA_JACKED

Pronouns are Ni/Gg/Er: proud transracialwomankin
kiwifarms.net
I got a brilliant idea, charge $10 to make a new account
>Joined December 27 2015

C'mon man, you're an oldfag, you've been around long enough to know that Null has been banned from payment processors, making such a registration fee near impossible to implement unless you only want cryptobros joining your site.

Also paying for accounts did not stop SA faggotry. Spergs will dump as much money as needed to post I'd they feel strongly about it.

bladerunner

i think sebastian, therefor i am
kiwifarms.net
I've seen some people registering with their real names on here lately, like it's a fucking LinkedIn. Do the invited users not go through the registration page that clearly states what kind of information will be gone after if they decide to make an account?
i know im lightyears late but.... what fucking child ever puts out even a morsel of their shit out onto to the web?? full real name? you have to be absolutely fucking dense, especially on this forum. zoomer brainrot has fucked the internet

Irrational Exuberance

SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!
kiwifarms.net
i know im lightyears late but.... what fucking child ever puts out even a morsel of their shit out onto to the web?? full real name? you have to be absolutely fucking dense, especially on this forum. zoomer brainrot has fucked the internet
It all revolves around culture shock, I believe. If you've grown up in an environment where it's perfectly natural to give out your name and/or other personal details on a regular basis, your preconceived notions of "how things are supposed to work" will naturally be shaped around that.

The only way around this is education - either by circumstances or by training.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I am re-opening registrations on July 4th.

During the month, I have added 3 new moderators and attempted to outline some reforms for bans. In general, the system I am trying to implement for penalties involves:
  • More direct communication between staff and user.
  • Shorter penalties and less frequent use of permanency in all types of penalty.
  • Standardized ban lengths of 7 days and 1 month for serious issues.
  • Issuing permanent bans only in cases where there are irreconcilable issues.
My hope is that clearly outlining this will make moderation decisions easier for staff and less upsetting to the people they are applied to.

I also hope that less frequently resorting to permanent account restrictions will dissuade sock/alt accounts. When someone is causing problems, sometimes they can be reasoned with. When they are thread-banned permanently, chances are they will just make a sock account and keep doing what caused the problem to begin with - now with added confusion through multiple accounts, and without regard for their account. With the openness of the forum, there is no way to adequately stop sock accounts, so I would like to find ways to encourage people to stick to one account so that registration can stay open.

So to that end, if you have been banned for over a month and would like to appeal under this new system, email <[email protected]> with your original account username and I'll look at the ban and warnings on the account. There are persistent problem users I am not going unban under any circumstances but you might as well shoot your shot.

If your account has endured a penalty for longer than a month (i.e. avatar ban, board ban) you can also appeal in Talk to Staff and I will look at it.

Regarding registration, it's a hard problem to solve. I'm sure the new users in July will also suck. The site needs new blood to stay alive and content fresh, but if new users don't really care about the site then their posts are going to be shit. I'll think about what I want to do before July 4th gets here.

bearycool

Gay God of Kiwi Farms
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Will this be a summer without summerfags? Alhamdulillah
The Year Without a Summerfag

I am re-opening registrations on July 4th.
It would be nice to not see the mod squad get rehashed by a new batch because of the "heat" of a difficult choice and having to resign. Lord knows in-fighting within the in-group happens, ignoring the sheer out-group factor of summerfags reeeeing.
it's as close to a solution for people checking out, because even though we all say: "don't take it personal" we'll take it personal the moment it does come on the door step for whatever reason.

It at least provides a gateway for: "okay you fucked up; learn to not do that again, you autist."

I am vomit

Why does man in dress name "chris chan" trend?
kiwifarms.net
Pretty thrilled for the new system. I'm pretty fucking retarded, but if you tell me 'that's not how the site works knock it off dumbass' I stop doing it. Better to not worry about bans for being stupid.

1440p Curved Monitor

165 hz
kiwifarms.net
Just got to step up the bullying to make sure only the welcome users stay.

It's a hard job but I'm sure we got the right people to do it.
Or this. Shame is a critical role in a healthy society. Sometimes people need to be told that their actions are unacceptable, and Kiwi Farms of all places shouldn't be an exception.

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
More direct communication between staff and user.
It would at least be nice to have an actual explanation for a mod action, even if it's "you're a retarded nigger." I might at least consider changing my behavior for that, but "your post was deleted for no reason at all" doesn't really change my behavior if I don't even remember that post.

I'll give a counter-example of a good message. I was told "quit replying to messages in Community Watch" because that's actually a rule.

A mod message that actually suggests better behavior is better than just "lmao you got deleted" because who cares about that? If it just pissed off some jannies, that's probably a good thing.

1440p Curved Monitor

165 hz
kiwifarms.net
It would at least be nice to have an actual explanation for a mod action, even if it's "you're a retarded nigger." I might at least consider changing my behavior for that, but "your post was deleted for no reason at all" doesn't really change my behavior if I don't even remember that post.

I'll give a counter-example of a good message. I was told "quit replying to messages in Community Watch" because that's actually a rule.

A mod message that actually suggests better behavior is better than just "lmao you got deleted" because who cares about that? If it just pissed off some jannies, that's probably a good thing.
To add to this, seeing mod edited posts that fix user errors and had the warning message on top helped me understand what should and shouldnt be doing when I lurked. So keep up with that!