Richard Meyer v. Mark Waid (2018) -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Waid Livestream - What will happen?

• Talks about the lawsuit.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Further incriminates himself.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Defames YaBoi again.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Doesn't talk about the lawsuit nor CG.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Host disagrees with Waid on something, chimpout insues.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Normal interview. (no drama)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
As much as I'd rather see almost anything fought over in this case, this doesn't really matter and they have to file the motion that will actually matter at the same time anyway, so I don't see any point in objecting to filing a doomed TCPA at the same time. It doesn't seem likely the Fifth Circuit will immediately reverse itself and it's entirely possible another case comes down saying the TCPA doesn't apply in federal court. In that case, even Waid's douchebag lawyers might not bother filing.

So far as I know, there isn't yet a cert. petition on this, but who knows? There might be by then.

Also opposing this would mean Waid would be almost forced to file a (nearly pointless) TCPA motion now, wasting everyone's time. Maybe even Waid is tired of that.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
As much as I'd rather see almost anything fought over in this case, this doesn't really matter and they have to file the motion that will actually matter at the same time anyway, so I don't see any point in objecting to filing a doomed TCPA at the same time. It doesn't seem likely the Fifth Circuit will immediately reverse itself and it's entirely possible another case comes down saying the TCPA doesn't apply in federal court. In that case, even Waid's douchebag lawyers might not bother filing.

So far as I know, there isn't yet a cert. petition on this, but who knows? There might be by then.

Also opposing this would mean Waid would be almost forced to file a (nearly pointless) TCPA motion now, wasting everyone's time. Maybe even Waid is tired of that.
You said a tcpa motion like this is frivolous because of that ruling? What does not opposing this motion mean for sanctions?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You said a tcpa motion like this is frivolous because of that ruling? What does not opposing this motion mean for sanctions?
Nothing. It's not necessarily frivolous if they advance a non-frivolous argument why the Fifth Circuit is wrong and should reverse itself.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Is It Still Incest If I'm Adopted?
kiwifarms.net
Hey so about Antarctic Press. Did you know they produced such gems as Warrior Nun, Ninja High School, and Shotgun Mary? You know what all those comics have in common? Rape, racism, naked underage children, and Snoopy from The Peanuts(Not Joking).

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hey so about Antarctic Press. Did you know they produced such gems as Warrior Nun, Ninja High School, and Shotgun Mary? You know what all those comics have in common? Rape, racism, naked underage children, and Snoopy from The Peanuts(Not Joking).
But an innocent classic style comic about a giant ape is somehow too hot for them because of made up bullshit about its creator being a "Nazi."

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
But an innocent classic style comic about a giant ape is somehow too hot for them because of made up bullshit about its creator being a "Nazi."
Nazi? But Antartic Press LOVES Nazis. Again, I'm not joking. They are obsessed with Nazis to an unhealthy degree. Now granted, Nazis in their books are usually the villians BUT there are always Nazis. Nazi demon cyborgs, Nazi teachers, Nazi samurias, Nazi Terminator who is part Kenshiro(Yes it was a thing).

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Nazi? But Antartic Press LOVES Nazis. Again, I'm not joking. They are obsessed with Nazis to an unhealthy degree. Now granted, Nazis in their books are usually the villians BUT there are always Nazis. Nazi demon cyborgs, Nazi teachers, Nazi samurias, Nazi Terminator who is part Kenshiro(Yes it was a thing).
P.J. O'Rourke, back when people were allowed to be funny, once said: ''I have often been called a Nazi, I don't let it bother me for one simple reason. No one has ever had a sexual fantasy about being tied to a bed and sexually ravished by someone dressed as a liberal.''

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
P.J. O'Rourke, back when people were allowed to be funny, once said: ''I have often been called a Nazi, I don't let it bother me for one simple reason. No one has ever had a sexual fantasy about being tied to a bed and sexually ravished by someone dressed as a liberal.''
I mean I dont thats technically correct but I love it.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Also one of my favorite plots from a Warrior Nun book is about how the Catholics helped Nazis escape to America after the Holocaust and a Jewish superhero called The Hammer Of Israel who was tricked by a nazi demon into going through a time space portal so that he couldn't stop the Holocaust has to fight his way into Vatican City only to find a church official burning the evidence.
RCO018_w_1496023770.jpg
RCO021_1496023732.jpg
RCO021_w_1496024170.jpg
RCO022_1496024170.jpg

andr0id psycho sho(ker

I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!
kiwifarms.net
Also one of my favorite plots from a Warrior Nun book is about how the Catholics helped Nazis escape to America after the Holocaust and a Jewish superhero called The Hammer Of Israel who was tricked by a nazi demon into going through a time space portal so that he couldn't stop the Holocaust has to fight his way into Vatican City only to find a church official burning the evidence.
Go home Waid/Zaid. You're drunk on social media again

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, that, and threatening the equivalent of 'you'll never work in this town again' from someone who who could theoretically have used anything up to the Disney corporation to back up his claims.

Allegedly.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Defendant’s Answer and Affirmative Defenses To Plaintiff’s First Amended Complaint

Filed 02/14/20
View attachment 1146708
Note: the complaint was filed 9/19/2018. So a mere 15 months after the complaint is filed, the defendant actually files an answer.

Federal court, ladies and gentlemen. All the justice money can buy.

GrotesqueBushes

MEAT ROBOT
kiwifarms.net
Note: the complaint was filed 9/19/2018. So a mere 15 months after the complaint is filed, the defendant actually files an answer.

If he fucked his wife the day that was filed and got her pregnant, he could read the answer to a six month old baby that is now able to sit on is own and is starting to learn how to talk.

OneHandClapping

how could you
kiwifarms.net

I notice it was a response to the first amended complaint. It happened, obviously, but I would have assumed you can't amend your original complaint until the defendant had filed his answer.

But anyway, just like with the Vic case Zaid seemed to be throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the mix. Which makes sense, since if he doesn't say it now he can't bring it up later. Then again, this seems cookie cutter. Libel-proof? Really?

1581818440062.png

So here's something I don't know about. I know the TI-EC happened in Texas, but this is going federal since Waid's in CA while Meyer is in Texas. Now the question is, is truth a defense for tortoise interference with existing contracts in federal? I know it's not in Texas because Texas is weird about the restatement of torts. Obviously the point is moot if Waid was a lying sack of shit, but hypothetically.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I notice it was a response to the first amended complaint. It happened, obviously, but I would have assumed you can't amend your original complaint until the defendant had filed his answer.
You can freely amend (once) up to 21 days after serving it, or up to 21 days after a responsive pleading (like an answer or a 12(b)(6) motion). Additional amendments require the consent of the opposing party or a motion (which is generally granted up to a point). FRCP 15.

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
kiwifarms.net

But anyway, just like with the Vic case Zaid seemed to be throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the mix. Which makes sense, since if he doesn't say it now he can't bring it up later. Then again, this seems cookie cutter. Libel-proof? Really?

View attachment 1147000
So here's something I don't know about. I know the TI-EC happened in Texas, but this is going federal since Waid's in CA while Meyer is in Texas. Now the question is, is truth a defense for tortoise interference with existing contracts in federal? I know it's not in Texas because Texas is weird about the restatement of torts. Obviously the point is moot if Waid was a lying sack of shit, but hypothetically.
No, because ANY 'advice' would be considered improper as Weid was in no way a party to the contract, nor was asked by a party to advise them.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some kind of update happened on Zach's end. If the time stamp craps out, he ends the review and starts talking the lawsuit and Patreon relaunch at 7:40.

Basically,
  • Lawsuit is moving forward after 2 years of Waid stalling.
  • The GFM will probably run out sometime this year because of the lawsuit finally reaching jurisdiction.
  • He is opening his Patreon again so that the lawsuit doesn't eat up on revenue from/for his IGG projects.