Roseanne Sitcom Revival - "Can we shut this down? We can NOT let her normalize Trump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphin Lundgren

One suave fucker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It'll be weird seeing the new reboot without Glenn Quinn. As for this trans character everyone keeps talking about:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/05/roseanne-grandson-dresses-like-a-girl/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Does Mark see himself as a girl?
SARA GILBERT: He doesn’t. That’s something that got out in the press that’s not true. He’s not a transgender character. He’s a little boy. He’s based on a few kids in my life that are boys who dress in more traditionally feminine clothing. He’s too young to be gay and he doesn’t identify as transgender, but he just likes wearing that kind of clothing and that’s where he is at this point in his life.

How much do you address his desire to wear girl’s clothing?
There is an episode that addresses it. He dresses that way throughout the show, but there’s one episode that focuses on it more heavily. We did a lot of research because we wanted to make sure and do it properly. This character is not transgender.

They're at least realistic about it and don't automatically label the kid as trans like most weirdo parents do these days. And unlike other characters I've seen they barely even focus on it. And the kid's name is Mark. I'm going to assume it's because of the now deceased Glenn Quinn.

Darwin Watterson

Custom titles are for nerds
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Heartbreaking Return of 80’s Icon “Roseanne” as a Trump Supporter (archive)

roseanne salt 22.png

roseanne salt 23.png

roseanne salt 24.png

Dahmer

kiwifarms.net
So a Jewish mentally ill woman is being accused of being a white supremacist and hated by SJWs because she supports Trump. :story:

Dysnomia

Dango whore
kiwifarms.net
It'll be weird seeing the new reboot without Glenn Quinn. As for this trans character everyone keeps talking about:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/05/roseanne-grandson-dresses-like-a-girl/

They're at least realistic about it and don't automatically label the kid as trans like most weirdo parents do these days. And unlike other characters I've seen they barely even focus on it. And the kid's name is Mark. I'm going to assume it's because of the now deceased Glenn Quinn.

I didn't know that Glenn Quinn died. But then again I didn't keep up with most of the cast beyond John Goodman, Roseanne and Sara Gilbert. He died in 2002. Guess I really missed that one.

The original info about the kid said he's be "gender creative". I took this as some made up tumblrina stuff and not necessarily trans. The media has kind of been running with it now though. Remember that while not gender creative, DJ was a pretty weird kid. The characters often acknowledged this. So it's not strange that a grandchild of Roseanne and Dan would be weird too.

At least they won't be putting little Mark on hormones and puberty blockers and calling him Michelle or something. And you know some people were drooling over that happening because "muh trans representation".

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I've been watching old Roseanne episodes in preparation for the revival. I don't know what these tards are bitching about, although still not as funny as Married With Children, it was actually pretty good at dealing with serious issues, such as when Dan smacked the shit out of Fisher for beating up Jackie, or Darlene feeling she had to outdo Becky when it came to getting with lads and such.

This series is pretty much what we need right now, please let it be nothing like the last couple of seasons, and please let the gender-creative kid be smacked down.

Dolphin Lundgren

One suave fucker.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't know that Glenn Quinn died. But then again I didn't keep up with most of the cast beyond John Goodman, Roseanne and Sara Gilbert. He died in 2002. Guess I really missed that one.

The original info about the kid said he's be "gender creative". I took this as some made up tumblrina stuff and not necessarily trans. The media has kind of been running with it now though. Remember that while not gender creative, DJ was a pretty weird kid. The characters often acknowledged this. So it's not strange that a grandchild of Roseanne and Dan would be weird too.

At least they won't be putting little Mark on hormones and puberty blockers and calling him Michelle or something. And you know some people were drooling over that happening because "muh trans representation".

He died while working on Joss Whedon's Angel show from a drug overdose. It's a shame, I really liked him on Roseanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.