Cultcow Russell Greer / @ just_some_dude_named_russell29 / A Safer Nevada PAC - Swift-Obsessed Sex Pest, Now On Probation for E-Stalking, Pipsqueak, can't get laid in a whorehouse

I'll put some stuff that other people can go through.

Amicus Curiae in Google v. Oracle:
The Foundation writes in support of Oracle (appellant)
Oracle said Google's use of some code was not fair use, and Google said it was.
SCOTUS upheld the original judgement; The code was fair use.

Amicus Curiae in Alliance of Artists and Recor v. Denso International:
"AARC claimed that in-vehicle audio recording devices that copy music from CDs onto hard drives within the devices, allowing the music to be played back inside the vehicle even without the CDs, are “digital audio recording device” under the Act. 17 U.S.C. § 1001(3). Based on this USCA Case #18-7141 Document #1825918 Filed: 01/28/2020 Page 2 of 36 3 assertion, AARC alleged that the three suppliers of the devices (DENSO, Clarion, and Mitsubishi), along with the three automobile manufacturers that sold vehicles containing the recording devices (General Motors, Ford, and FCA) (collectively “Appellees”) had violated the Act by failing to pay royalties and adopt the required copying control technology with respect to the devices."
DJF wrote in support of the plaintiff's appeal. Appeal was rejected; Lower court decision in favour of Denso & al. was affirmed.

Amicus Curiae in Brammer v. Violent Hues
In support of Russell Brammer who wants the lower court judgement reversed.
The lower court had found via summary judgement that Violent Hues' use of Mr. Brammer's photograph (it was taken from Flikr) was fair use. I'm starting to see a pattern here. FDJ wants fair use construed more narrowly and is intervening at the appeal stage. The Fourth Circuit reversed the summary judgement and remanded it for trial.

Estate of Smith and Hebrew Hustle v. Cash Money Records v.
Yet another fair use case. These guys never met a fair use they liked.
Appeals court upheld the original judgement of fair use.

Summary: This could get very expensive. If you were thinking of donating to Null's war chest, now would be a good time.

qewretrytuyiuoipop

kiwifarms.net
The fact these guys attended and graduated from Stanford (which is, on and off, the top ranked law school in the US and one of the top ranked in the world) is somewhat worrying. Skordas went to University of Utah (currently ranked 43rd in the US). Law schools are of course not a definitive indicator of how good a lawyer someone is, but being a Stanford alum probably gives these guys heaps of contacts and resources that lower ranked law schools may not have access to.

the khat quaffer

I have powers. Terrible powers!
kiwifarms.net
The fact these guys attended and graduated from Stanford (which is, on and off, the top ranked law school in the US and one of the top ranked in the world) is somewhat worrying. Skordas went to University of Utah (currently ranked 43rd in the US). Law schools are of course not a definitive indicator of how good a lawyer someone is, but being a Stanford alum probably gives these guys heaps of contacts and resources that lower ranked law schools may not have access to.
I have to give credit to Russ for not retaining the services of some Hyper Chicken-tier lawyer.

Andrew Neiman

VP of the Russell Greer Appreciation Society
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a non-lawyer, I really don't know how much this matters. I don't know if graduating from Stanford really means you know what you're doing. But it's so hard to imagine what path would take you from matriculating somewhere like Stanford to saying, "What's that? You're a mentally unstable rapist who serially sues women as a means of sexual coercion? Why, yes, I would love to give you thousands of dollars' worth of legal services for free! I'm sure it will work out great for everyone involved!" It's really an enigma. Maybe Rekieta will weigh in.

Viridian

Phthalo green is a basic bitch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the state bar listings for the two lawyers in question:

1638861747276.png

1638861835397.png

Interesting choice of legal representation on Russhole's part. As noted by @Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet), all their previous legal filings were in relation to court cases involving fair use of copyrighted material. Fair use wasn't even brought up as a defense by Skordas, as I recall, so I would think it wouldn't be an issue to be argued on appeal? I wonder if these two lawyers were foolish enough to agree to take on Russhole's case without actually looking up the lawsuit in PACER, instead relying on Russhole's misrepresentations where he tried to spin his lawsuit as totes about fair use for realsies (and of course harped on and on about MUH DISHUBULITY and MUH PLIGHTS to present himself as a disadvantaged victim).

ETA: A bit of Google research turned up two other lawsuits these same attorneys have been involved in. In Bell v. Wilmott Storage Services LLC (9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, No. 19-55882), Gregory Keenan represented the plaintiff, a retired attorney one of the judges on the appeals panel flat out described as a copyright troll:

1638875817812.png

1638875854413.png

Both Gregory Keenan and Andrew Grimm are representing the plaintiffs (along with a number of other attorneys) in The Estate of B.H. et al v. Netflix, Inc (US District Court for the Northern District of California, No. 4:2021cv06561). This case is a proposed class action lawsuit attempting to hold Netflix responsible (at least partially) for the suicide of one particular teenager and potentially any suicides of all kids and teens that took place after the show "13 Reasons Why" premiered.

1638876445194.png

Last edited:

Useful_Mistake

Exhibit in a fight between a Jew and Anti-NZ Dog.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Useful_Mistake Your take?
My take is that their place of education is largely irrelevant. What I find most interesting is they don't list any cases where they represented anyone (but one). They either have not done a lot of those cases, or aren't proud of it. Again, hard to critique until we know more.

Gregory Keenan represented the plaintiff, a retired attorney one of the judges on the appeals panel flat out described as a copyright troll:
Amazing. Suppose it's not so shocking they'd pick Russ then.

You just efile an application and it's generally a pro forma process unless you have some kind of ethics issue going on, aren't in good standing, etc.
Yes, I agree it shouldn't be a problem for them. Still, something I found interesting to note.

AnOminous

what is yet to come
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You think anybody on this site is a 9 or a 10? Russell won’t accept less.
We've seen some of his 9s and 10s and they're more like 4s, in the dark, if you're drunk. The actual 9s and 10s he pesters on Instagram mostly completely ignore him. He also considers himself a 9, so we know his judgment of himself and others is pretty poor.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Interestingly, none of them have a license to practice in the tenth circuit, where this appeal takes place.
So... entry of appearance? Shouldn't they be trying to pro hac vice into the tenth circuit first, or can they just appear before they can appear?
You just efile an application and it's generally a pro forma process unless you have some kind of ethics issue going on, aren't in good standing, etc.
Right, but wouldn't that ordinarily come before they file the notice of appearance? Or at least concurrent to it?

Illuminati Order Official

Nomad Soul
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Shit Lips found two people to join in his shitshow... I also think they might be doing this for publicity for their firm.
If they get a 2 minuet news story on the air,that's free advertising,
This can backfire on them. Doesn't take much research to find out Russ is a stalker, misogynist and sex pest.