RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
Except stories like Thundercats and Lord of the Rings at least try to establish some solid limitations on the big villain's abilities so they can't just fly around blowing up all their enemies (like Mumm-Ra needing the support of his dark allies to not be a frail old mummy). RWBY's showrunners failed to do so for Salem (unkillable by all except the gods or herself apparently, is a master sorceress, commands Grimm).

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of corny lyrics.

The first millisecond I looked at the picture I thought Blake and Yang were about to slaughter Adam like in those ISIS execution videos. While gruesome as fuck, it would have been better than what we got from Miles.

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of corny lyrics.

The first millisecond I looked at the picture I thought Blake and Yang were about to slaughter Adam like in those ISIS execution videos. While gruesome as fuck, it would have been better than what we got from Miles.
You know, that’s actually what some actually said happened in that scene. Others say it was a mercy killing. Others say that was the best they could do with Adam given what his character gone through, and this was the logical conclusion.

As someone who hasn't paid attention to RT since season 5 of RvB I somehow constantly hear about drama relating to RT and RWBY. I'm surprised there isn't a community watch thread for Rooster Teeth since everyone involved with it sound like complete speds.
Well, is the rest of RT and it’s members thread worthy? This is mostly just about the show itself unrelated to Vic.

• Agree
Reactions: Fougaro

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
You know, that’s actually what some actually said happened in that scene. Others say it was a mercy killing. Others say that was the best they could do with Adam given what his character gone through, and this was the logical conclusion.

Well, is the rest of RT and it’s members thread worthy? This is mostly just about the show itself unrelated to Vic.
Meh, I say that none of the Cuck Teeth clowns from Miles Luna to Barbara Dunkelman aren’t as sped-worthy when compared to Sheena Oum or the other lolcows in the Weeb Wars section.

Making fun of them in this topic is enough, especially Barb who is the root of drama in regards to Zuelch.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Imho Trigun suffer from having a
protagonist (Vash) who repeatedly refuse to do what was needed to be done to stop the antagonist from genociding the human population on that shit hole world. All because Vash is a shall not kill, shall not harm pacifist.
At least Trigun does critique the main characters philosophy and Trigun is even forced to go against it at one point. The same can’t be said for Ruby

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
At least Trigun does critique the main characters philosophy and Trigun is even forced to go against it at one point. The same can’t be said for Ruby
While I really dislike Vash that one scene sets him far above Batman in dealing with that critique.
The rest of the series and characters have been excellent.

That one episode created quite a shitshow in Japan when it aired and the same in the U.S. first time it aired on Toonami. Even U.S. normie mainstream media reported on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Fougaro

Fougaro

kiwifarms.net
BLAKE: (puts the blade of Gambol Shroud on Adam's neck) This is a message to all our brothers and sisters of the White Fang. Adam Taurus is a kuffar! He committed ridah and became mortad! Not only did he try to derail our righteous jihad with haram ideas, he sold our souls to the shaitan Salem, which led to the degradation of the ummah! Now he shall be judged! (yells) BUMBLEBEEHU AKBAR! (proceeds to slowly cut Adam's neck eat to ear)

YANG: (films this entire spectacle with her scroll vertically, yells) BUMBLEBEEHU AKBAR!

As the shocking and gruesome video of Adam Taurus getting slaughtered by two psychotic lesbians went viral, various religious communities within Remnant briefly put their differences aside to proclaim the late leader of the White Fang's Vale branch as a martyr. He became a patron saint of Atlas' newly established Saint Adam the Martyr's children's cancer clinic. The name Adam Taurus would from now on return the hopes and smiles to terminally ill children. The deranged terrorists Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long are still at large while holding hands in public without gloves. Sun Wukong meanwhile has been reported as missing...

Edit:
(...) especially Barb who is the root of drama in regards to Zuelch.
I heard that there was some drama regarding Zuelch with her chimping out on Twitter. Would someone be willing to give a refresher on the lore on that?

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
BLAKE: (puts the blade of Gambol Shroud on Adam's neck) This is a message to all our brothers and sisters of the White Fang. Adam Taurus is a kuffar! He committed ridah and became mortad! Not only did he try to derail our righteous jihad with haram ideas, he sold our souls to the shaitan Salem, which led to the degradation of the ummah! Now he shall be judged! (yells) BUMBLEBEEHU AKBAR! (proceeds to slowly cut Adam's neck eat to ear)

YANG: (films this entire spectacle with her scroll vertically, yells) BUMBLEBEEHU AKBAR!

As the shocking and gruesome video of Adam Taurus getting slaughtered by two psychotic lesbians went viral, various religious communities within Remnant briefly put their differences aside to proclaim the late leader of the White Fang's Vale branch as a martyr. He became a patron saint of Atlas' newly established Saint Adam the Martyr's children's cancer clinic. The name Adam Taurus would from now on return the hopes and smiles to terminally ill children. The deranged terrorists Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long are still at large while holding hands in public without gloves. Sun Wukong meanwhile has been reported as missing...
You know what’s sad? You could say that both of their stories are done and only serve to make Bumblebee happen. At least Yang can also serve as the group’s muscle.

Fougaro

kiwifarms.net
You know what’s sad? You could say that both of their stories are done and only serve to make Bumblebee happen. At least Yang can also serve as the group’s muscle.
And now imagine if after all the fuckups they did for the sake of pandering to this ship, Bumblebee doesn't become canon.

Tism the Return

tfw you understand all the Rick and Morty jokes
kiwifarms.net
And now imagine if after all the fuckups they did for the sake of pandering to this ship, Bumblebee doesn't become canon.
Imagine RWBY doesn't actually show any of the ships but it keeps the same amount of perceived teasing and what is confirmed...is through a black, scrolling credits in the last episode. God that'd shitstorm would be fantastic.

First Aid Kit

kiwifarms.net
I heard that there was some drama regarding Zuelch with her chimping out on Twitter. Would someone be willing to give a refresher on the lore on that?
Rant tweets from Kathleen, https://imgur.com/a/TSuq2, also reading order is reading from bottom to top in each image. TL;DR: saying how she wasn't supported by RT coworkers since the day she joined RT, meanwhile Ashley Jenkins got to where she is all thanks dating Burnie Burns (currently married to each other).

Also, Barbara talked about Kathleen on tumblr.

Links above are found in reddit threads below.

Roland Daggett

President of Daggett Industries
kiwifarms.net
Except stories like Thundercats and Lord of the Rings at least try to establish some solid limitations on the big villain's abilities so they can't just fly around blowing up all their enemies (like Mumm-Ra needing the support of his dark allies to not be a frail old mummy). RWBY's showrunners failed to do so for Salem (unkillable by all except the gods or herself apparently, is a master sorceress, commands Grimm).
Yeah that's also something important to note. That even shows like Thundercats at least tried to come up with limitations to their main villains. Salem is just OP and doesn't do anything because that would end the show too soon.

Rant tweets from Kathleen, https://imgur.com/a/TSuq2, also reading order is reading from bottom to top in each image. TL;DR: saying how she wasn't supported by RT coworkers since the day she joined RT, meanwhile Ashley Jenkins got to where she is all thanks dating Burnie Burns (currently married to each other).

Also, Barbara talked about Kathleen on tumblr.

Links above are found in reddit threads below.

Yeah I remember Kathleen getting attacked for this but honestly knowing just how rotten everyone at RT was I'm more inclined to believe her. She may have been angry but from how cliquey they seem to be (and I also remember hearing about another founding RT member got pushed out due to him being more right leaning politically but I don't remember who) and from all the horrid reviews from employees I don't think RT was a good place to work at unless you were very specific people. Maybe that's why they got along with Funimation so well.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
Yeah that's also something important to note. That even shows like Thundercats at least tried to come up with limitations to their main villains. Salem is just OP and doesn't do anything because that would end the show too soon.

Yeah I remember Kathleen getting attacked for this but honestly knowing just how rotten everyone at RT was I'm more inclined to believe her. She may have been angry but from how cliquey they seem to be (and I also remember hearing about another founding RT member got pushed out due to him being more right leaning politically but I don't remember who) and from all the horrid reviews from employees I don't think RT was a good place to work at unless you were very specific people. Maybe that's why they got along with Funimation so well.
I beleive the founder who got pushed out was Joel Heyman.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure Miles and Kerry just used the trope of the villain being in their lair without any thought. They keep trying to push RWBY as a serious story and they want to be taken seriously as writers yet they can't even do the most basic work. Just come up with some sort of explanation for why Salem isn't out wrecking everyone and taking over the world. But they made her literally immortal, ultra powerful, basically an eldrich being with knowledge spanning eons.... and she does nothing. You really don't need an explanation for a basic saturday morning cartoon where the plot is meaningless, but this approach is completely antithetical to their clear desire to push RWBY as a story focused show.

And they won't explain anything like team STRQ or Summer because they have nothing. Their book which is supposed to give information about stuff like that basically says "lol spoilers" on things people have been interested in for YEARS. They never did any work to expand on the backstories of any of these characters which is just an embarrassment. You have three members of team STRQ as active players in the show, and have the remaining member being the long lost parent of two of the protagonists (screw you Miles Summer is Yang's mom not Raven cause Raven didn't do dick to take care of Yang) who has been hinted at being important but only shrouded in mystery. The most we've learned about Summer is that she's a bland cardboard copy of Ruby. And really showing Summer at all in Volume 6 was an attempt at damage control much like how Neo coming back was. They don't care about Summer or how she's involved in the story they just used her to try to get people to like them again.
Orcus in his/her throne is a trope that needs some form of justification or else it doesn’t work. Examples would be the villain is in some kinda coma/heavily wounded, the villain is a vampire and as such cannot go out in sunlight, the villain is in some kind of prison of either the supernatural or mundane variety, the villain burns through energy so heavily that one fight is absolutely exhausting, the heroes have the villain’s kryptonite with them, the villain is doing a task that requires total concentration and as such cannot be bothered to face the villain’s personally, the villain sees the hero as not that big of a threat, the villain is only invincible in their seat of power, the villain believes that only those that prove themselves are worthy of direct confrontation, the villain is using henchman to gather data on the hero, or the villain is just plain lazy. RWBY could’ve gone for any of these explanations for Salem but big brain Miles somehow knows better.

Kurosaki Ichigo

an approaching murder
kiwifarms.net
I remember one of my friends showing me the trailer way back in the day and seeing the recycled skyrim werewolf model told me everything I needed to know.

Also the fact that queen thot Jessica Nigri has a voice role in it makes me take it even less seriously.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I remember one of my friends showing me the trailer way back in the day and seeing the recycled skyrim werewolf model told me everything I needed to know.

Also the fact that queen thot Jessica Nigri has a voice role in it makes me take it even less seriously.
Cinder having a cosplay slut for a VA is part of what makes her a weak villain yeah. She can only only do "smug and slutty" and "edgelady."
Some YouTube autist combined clips of Cinder with English dub lines of Lust from Full Metal Alchemist (voiced by Laura Bailey).
It's like night and day.
Yeah, Cinder is really just “smug, arrogant seductress”. Doesn’t help that after V3, she’s got some nasty injuries that results in carrying herself in a way that only works if you’re drunk and/or desperate and doesn’t work since she’s taken a lot of Ls. One of my friends says she looks like a hooker now.

As for her voice, my friends are all in consensus that Jessica is one of the worst VAs in the series. And her best performance was in volume 4, where she was reduced to snarling like a wild animal.

As for her character, she started as Ruby’s eventual if not ideological rival, and her first appearance was meant to show what Ruby would be capable of. Nowadays, she’s a Looney Tunes antagonist with none of the comedy to justify her incompetence.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino