RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
Roman was as much of a rival to Ruby as Cinder is if not more than her. Not only is he the shameless crimelord to Ruby's wide-eyed girl, but he's standing in for the fairy tale's wolf (with Ruby obviously Little Red Riding Hood). Him not being some "honk honk rival dark sluttier ruby" defeats that point not.

Cindy and Ruby are hardly "rivals" accounting for how the two are on opposing sides.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Cinder is really just “smug, arrogant seductress”. Doesn’t help that after V3, she’s got some nasty injuries that results in carrying herself in a way that only works if you’re drunk and/or desperate and doesn’t work since she’s taken a lot of Ls. One of my friends says she looks like a hooker now.

As for her voice, my friends are all in consensus that Jessica is one of the worst VAs in the series. And her best performance was in volume 4, where she was reduced to snarling like a wild animal.

As for her character, she started as Ruby’s eventual if not ideological rival, and her first appearance was meant to show what Ruby would be capable of. Nowadays, she’s a Looney Tunes antagonist with none of the comedy to justify her incompetence.
That to me is one of the worst things about RWBY it's wasted villains.

Roland Daggett

President of Daggett Industries
kiwifarms.net
I beleive the founder who got pushed out was Joel Heyman.
JOEL. That's who it was. I remember hearing about how he was pushed out of being visible until he was stuck at a desk job just because the others didn't like his political views. Thanks for reminding me.

Some YouTube autist combined clips of Cinder with English dub lines of Lust from Full Metal Alchemist (voiced by Laura Bailey).
It's like night and day.
Shocking how having a good voice actor makes such a huge difference. Now even then Cinder would still be a dull and flat character but at least it would have been like Qrow and be able to mask the bad writing with good voice acting. Cinder is a huge wasted opportunity. She was the first major villain they introduced and then.... they did literally nothing with her. We have no backstory, no real motivation, and she doesn't even have a storyline. They were barely able to make Cinder focus on trying to kill Ruby for a season until she actually met with Ruby again.... she attacks Jaune despite the fact that she shouldn't even know who Jaune is. It's amazing that for a character who appeared in episode 1 they have managed to do nothing with her in 6 years. I don't know why they didn't just kill her off if they weren't going to do anything with her.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
JOEL. That's who it was. I remember hearing about how he was pushed out of being visible until he was stuck at a desk job just because the others didn't like his political views. Thanks for reminding me.
Sounds almost like the greentext story of the Bethesda "Dreamboy" employee. :story:

Shocking how having a good voice actor makes such a huge difference. Now even then Cinder would still be a dull and flat character but at least it would have been like Qrow and be able to mask the bad writing with good voice acting. Cinder is a huge wasted opportunity. She was the first major villain they introduced and then.... they did literally nothing with her. We have no backstory, no real motivation, and she doesn't even have a storyline. They were barely able to make Cinder focus on trying to kill Ruby for a season until she actually met with Ruby again.... she attacks Jaune despite the fact that she shouldn't even know who Jaune is. It's amazing that for a character who appeared in episode 1 they have managed to do nothing with her in 6 years. I don't know why they didn't just kill her off if they weren't going to do anything with her.
Cinder is a good example of picking up a cool concept, creating a character that by all means should be good and doing fuck all with it. Her backstory is, as you correctly noted, long overdue, with volume 4 being the best opportunity to show it. Since the bitch is based on Cinderella, Miles could have used that fairy tale as the backstory, but unlike Cinderella, Cinder never got her prince and Lionel Richie never dedicated a song to her. But Miles is a galaxy brained nibba and I'm just some random faggot, so what the fuck do I know?

Why Cinder hasn't been killed off a long time ago, I do not know. I speculate that Nigiri might be a factor. Then again, Monica Rial was only a brief unpleasant memory with the very few voice lines Sienna Khan (another wasted character) got.

littlearmalite

Haha! Funny man says the N-Word.
kiwifarms.net
Sounds almost like the greentext story of the Bethesda "Dreamboy" employee. :story:

Cinder is a good example of picking up a cool concept, creating a character that by all means should be good and doing fuck all with it. Her backstory is, as you correctly noted, long overdue, with volume 4 being the best opportunity to show it. Since the bitch is based on Cinderella, Miles could have used that fairy tale as the backstory, but unlike Cinderella, Cinder never got her prince and Lionel Richie never dedicated a song to her. But Miles is a galaxy brained nibba and I'm just some random faggot, so what the fuck do I know?

Why Cinder hasn't been killed off a long time ago, I do not know. I speculate that Nigiri might be a factor. Then again, Monica Rial was only a brief unpleasant memory with the very few voice lines Sienna Khan (another wasted character) got.
Knowing the direction RWBY is going, Cinder's not going to get backstory until the episode before she makes a heel-face turn, the episode she dies, or the episode where she does the former immediately before the latter.

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
Knowing the direction RWBY is going, Cinder's not going to get backstory until the episode before she makes a heel-face turn, the episode she dies, or the episode where she does the former immediately before the latter.
They already have Emerald/Mercury for villain face turns. If anything, we haven’t had a proper Ruby vs. Cinder showdown yet. But at this point, whatever you have in your fanfiction or theory posted somewhere is probably better than what’s being cooked up. The wait probably won’t be worth it.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Cinder is obsessed with getting stronger and has a Grimm/demon arm. I'll forgive them even something as lame as a heel-face turn or any other fuckup if they turn her into Nero from Devil May Cry 5.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Basically, in DMC5, Dante gets a hat that shoots money bullets and makes him Michael Jackson.
That sounds so stupid but watching the video makes it kind of endearing. Speaking of Dante, his thing is he’s usually carefree, snarking, and quipping one liners, but when he faces an opponent that could kick his ass and leaves him unable to just power through with his healing factor, he actually gets REALLY serious. You think Ruby Rose and the show in general should do something like that?

littlearmalite

Haha! Funny man says the N-Word.
kiwifarms.net
That sounds so stupid but watching the video makes it kind of endearing. Speaking of Dante, his thing is he’s usually carefree, snarking, and quipping one liners, but when he faces an opponent that could kick his ass and leaves him unable to just power through with his healing factor, he actually gets REALLY serious. You think Ruby Rose and the show in general should do something like that?

I think it would fit with the tone. I'd argue it's too late to do it with Ruby, but maybe have it become more of a shtick for Sun and Yang, or maybe even for Merc if you want to do it for a villain. Show that underneath all the snark and fuckery that he's still a major threat.

• Agree
Reactions: Fougaro

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
I think it would fit with the tone. I'd argue it's too late to do it with Ruby, but maybe have it become more of a shtick for Sun and Yang, or maybe even for Merc if you want to do it for a villain. Show that underneath all the snark and fuckery that he's still a major threat.
Just have Merc be like an asshole and in the end he just trounces RWBY/Ruby/nuJNPR?

Mercury being the Dante of RWBY fits him since Yuri Lowenthal is his VA.

First Aid Kit

kiwifarms.net
A lead animator leaves Rooster Teeth. You can find her works on her pinned tweet. She got promoted to lead animator at end of 2017, around the time when volume 5 was airing.

Screenshot_2019-10-19 ˗ˏˋKim Newmanˊˎ˗ on Twitter(1).png
Screenshot_2019-10-19 ˗ˏˋKim Newmanˊˎ˗ on Twitter.png

Edit: Her animation reels belows

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
And she was on Gen Lock! And I think went back to RWBY. Honestly, she was one of their best animators.
She was the animator who gave us the RETURN OF THE GUNCHUCKS as well as (I think????) a majority of the Tyrian vs. Qrow fight, which is considered one of the better fights in the new volumes. In my opinion she was shaping up to be the closest they've gotten to Monty-level fight choreography talent in a while, and I feel like they're absolutely shooting themselves in the foot by letting an animator like her go.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net

Wait that was Monica? Oh crap her one scene has now become retroactively cathartic

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Say what you will about Linkara but their was this one point he made that's always stuck with me: Mysterious villains are fine but their needs to be some meat to them

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino