RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Roland Daggett

President of Daggett Industries
kiwifarms.net
I really liked the start and potential the show had. I had even gotten seasons 1-3, but it seems like Monty either got BTFO'd by upper decisions or had to heavily compromise. I haven't even opened season 4 and I've owned it for years. I stopped keeping up a while back, did his wife ever come out and tell what his vision of the story was? She had apparently been big in helping write and come up with ideas and story direction with him. Haven't cared in years but still would be interesting.
His wife was kicked out as soon as he died. That was an issue Shane brought up in his letter. No one talked to her about anything because RT didn't care.

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
I really liked the start and potential the show had. I had even gotten seasons 1-3, but it seems like Monty either got BTFO'd by upper decisions or had to heavily compromise. I haven't even opened season 4 and I've owned it for years. I stopped keeping up a while back, did his wife ever come out and tell what his vision of the story was? She had apparently been big in helping write and come up with ideas and story direction with him. Haven't cared in years but still would be interesting.
Nobody has really gone out to explain what Monty's "vision" was. Maybe it depends on how much value you hold into Shane's letter. Some say they're keeping on it but are ruining it through their incompetence, some say they went on making it their own thing as early as Monty's body going through its last rites, and some say that Monty wasn't all that hot and RWBY wasn't some Mona Lisa magnum opus of his. And some say that the RWBY IP should be sold to Shane and Monty's wife (even though that's not how IP ownership works and despite people saying Sheena knew Monty's vision more than anyone, she wasn't working on the show in a credited role nor has she said anything much about RWBY itself) and others speculate on who'd buy the RWBY IP to do it justice (although my opinion on that is it won't be sold for peanuts).
Jaune just shouldn't exist. He hogs the spotlight for what's essentially nothing. Almost all of his contributions are existing so exposition gets dumped in a completely unnatural way that only makes his character worse and proving that everyone in RWBY has brain damage because screaming "hit the big red button" and "keep doing what we were doing before and didn't work, it'll work now I swear" is what qualifies for a master tactician and strategical genius.
You should have seen how he was during the Battle of Haven. People calling him the REAL MC and a shock value death cliffhanger that nobody bought and served as a big reveal of something somebody already predicted and only serves to make things matter even less.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Nobody has really gone out to explain what Monty's "vision" was. Maybe it depends on how much value you hold into Shane's letter. Some say they're keeping on it but are ruining it through their incompetence, some say they went on making it their own thing as early as Monty's body going through its last rites, and some say that Monty wasn't all that hot and RWBY wasn't some Mona Lisa magnum opus of his. And some say that the RWBY IP should be sold to Shane and Monty's wife (even though that's not how IP ownership works and despite people saying Sheena knew Monty's vision more than anyone, she wasn't working on the show in a credited role nor has she said anything much about RWBY itself) and others speculate on who'd buy the RWBY IP to do it justice (although my opinion on that is it won't be sold for peanuts).

You should have seen how he was during the Battle of Haven. People calling him the REAL MC and a shock value death cliffhanger that nobody bought and served as a big reveal of something somebody already predicted and only serves to make things matter even less.
On the topic of Haven can we talk about how Godawful that fight scene was? I'm no fight choreographer but that whole sequence was painful to watch

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
On the topic of Haven can we talk about how Godawful that fight scene was? I'm no fight choreographer but that whole sequence was painful to watch
Yeah it was shit. Although, given what we know about Gray and Gen Lock, I'm not sure if I can really rage as much as I used to given I now know that was made with the table scraps of table scraps.

Although, this can always be a way to explain everything:

• Winner
Reactions: Roland Daggett

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
Battle of Haven is the worst fight for many reasons, even if we exclude the stuff with Adam who in that conflict just ended up being humiliated:

-First, there are more conversations and exposition dumps (Such as why Hazel is with Salem's side, and his hatred for Ozpin) along with everything being so utterly cluttered that it isn't pleasant to watch.

-For as much as Volume 4 had Cinder's character recovered from Ruby just utterly handing her ass to her on a platinum platter with diamonds as a decoration, AND even throwing away the original plan just to get revenge on Ruby for that defeat but aside from one fireball blast she completely ignores the girl responsible for getting her fucked up while focusing on Jaune.

She wastes time wanting to torture Jaune and do a fake-out death for Weiss, while doing nothing for Ruby...Salem should've killed Cinder for being this damn stupid.

-Speaking of Weiss, her fight against Vernal was not only bad but at this rate Weiss is basically the team's Jobber who exists to getting beaten or losing in fights against others and she's becoming a joke due to this.

Yeah, I'll probably get slapped with obvious reactions but still.

Getting a little off-tract, but I assumed Salem's goal for the Relics was to summon the Gods again and trying to make them "Clean this mess up" in regards to the current Humans~ But like adel aka said, it shouldn't be the job of a book to tell us the main villains true motivation for their plans.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Battle of Haven is the worst fight for many reasons, even if we exclude the stuff with Adam who in that conflict just ended up being humiliated:

-First, there are more conversations and exposition dumps (Such as why Hazel is with Salem's side, and his hatred for Ozpin) along with everything being so utterly cluttered that it isn't pleasant to watch.

-For as much as Volume 4 had Cinder's character recovered from Ruby just utterly handing her ass to her on a platinum platter with diamonds as a decoration, AND even throwing away the original plan just to get revenge on Ruby for that defeat but aside from one fireball blast she completely ignores the girl responsible for getting her fucked up while focusing on Jaune.

She wastes time wanting to torture Jaune and do a fake-out death for Weiss, while doing nothing for Ruby...Salem should've killed Cinder for being this damn stupid.

-Speaking of Weiss, her fight against Vernal was not only bad but at this rate Weiss is basically the team's Jobber who exists to getting beaten or losing in fights against others and she's becoming a joke due to this.

Yeah, I'll probably get slapped with obvious reactions but still.

Getting a little off-tract, but I assumed Salem's goal for the Relics was to summon the Gods again and trying to make them "Clean this mess up" in regards to the current Humans~ But like adel aka said, it shouldn't be the job of a book to tell us the main villains true motivation for their plans.
Makes the throne room fight from TLJ look amazing

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
No wonder I see Jaune dying instead of Phyrra in rewrites. Or at the very least, there's a major overhaul in that department.
Imagine how much better the series could have been if Jaune died fighting alongisde Pyrrha because of his incompetence, and the heavy toll that would leave on her. Could have been interesting, like that Yang PTSD arc they built up (crappily mind you), only to drop it entirely because YANG MUST BE STRONK WAMMYN AND ASCARED OF NUFFIN.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
I've seen a LOT of people redoing the show. From write ups, to fanfics, to youtube videos, to full on projects. There's been an increase in people who want to redo the show because of how badly it screwed up.
I don't think it's hard to see why. As mentioned, RWBY has a lot of cool ideas, but a terrible execution. Just look at the four main girls (their designs, concepts, brief descriptions etc.) and imagine what an actual competent writer could do with them.

Hell add me to that list, plus adding in a character or two cuz I think that’s just neat (if I get the Autistic rating, fine by me)
It's okay, I was guilty of it too. That is until I decided to reinvest all the autism and assburgers I spent on fixing RWBY into working my own thing.

That's the unintentional brilliance of Miles' writing: He's so supernaturally incompetent that he inspired an entire generation of autists and creators.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's hard to see why. As mentioned, RWBY has a lot of cool ideas, but a terrible execution. Just look at the four main girls (their designs, concepts, brief descriptions etc.) and imagine what an actual competent writer could do with them.
The RWBY red trailer alone showed off cool ideas. The flair alone had a metric ton of people eager to see the show. Monty may not have been a good writer, but he at least knew how to make entertaining set pieces.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
The RWBY red trailer alone showed off cool ideas. The flair alone had a metric ton of people eager to see the show. Monty may not have been a good writer, but he at least knew how to make entertaining set pieces.
Yeah, that's the consensus. He just needed somebody better for the story and all the parts that aren't action. And if Monty was still alive, I'd say that we'd probably have the same quality show and writing.

EDIT: Surprised nobody posted yet. https://www.newsweek.com/rwby-volume-7-interview-release-date-rooster-teeth-ruby-rose-1467011

Last edited:

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
"Cinder's sidestory was an entertaining part of Volume 6."

I think the interviewer had to do some serious Rick James Nose Aerobics to ask a question that dumb as hell, with a completely straight face.

Aside from the Mech Fight (Better known as the advertisement for gen;ERIC) and some disagreements on the story regarding Salem & Ozpin, there isn't ANYONE who thinks that sidestory with Hinder Fail is entertaining, except the part where she fights Neo and gets her ass chucked out of the window by a small ice cream girl was fucking hilarious.

People already knew that soon as Hinder got frozen by Crazy Bird Mom, that she would be back like the Herpes and sure enough she was when they unveiled the Volume 6 poster with the hooded figure~ I don't understand their obsession with Hinder, she sucks, her voice actress sucks, and she literally botched up a plan that would've worked PERFECTLY if she let her hate boner against Ruby go for a moment.

Cinder is incredibly lucky and should be grateful to still be breathing, because in any other medium her ass would be killed promptly to make an example out of those who fail or interfere with their leader's plans while treating the cold-blooded murder as just another Tuesday.

Hinder is basically the one bratty teen trying her luck, and the end result ain't gonna be pretty.

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
"Cinder's sidestory was an entertaining part of Volume 6."

I think the interviewer had to do some serious Rick James Nose Aerobics to ask a question that dumb as hell, with a completely straight face.

Aside from the Mech Fight (Better known as the advertisement for gen;ERIC) and some disagreements on the story regarding Salem & Ozpin, there isn't ANYONE who thinks that sidestory with Hinder Fail is entertaining, except the part where she fights Neo and gets her ass chucked out of the window by a small ice cream girl was fucking hilarious.

People already knew that soon as Hinder got frozen by Crazy Bird Mom, that she would be back like the Herpes and sure enough she was when they unveiled the Volume 6 poster with the hooded figure~ I don't understand their obsession with Hinder, she sucks, her voice actress sucks, and she literally botched up a plan that would've worked PERFECTLY if she let her hate boner against Ruby go for a moment.

Cinder is incredibly lucky and should be grateful to still be breathing, because in any other medium her ass would be killed promptly to make an example out of those who fail or interfere with their leader's plans while treating the cold-blooded murder as just another Tuesday.

Hinder is basically the one bratty teen trying her luck, and the end result ain't gonna be pretty.
Here’s the thing: in Volume 1 Episode 1, she was painted as what Ruby would be capable of/the opponent caliber she’d be facing. And the first 3 volumes painted her as the grand antagonist. V4 rolls around, and she’s the Darth Vader to Salem’s Palpatine and she’s going through the stuff of what Darth went through when he first got his suit. And V5 was setting up for the first real Ruby/Cinder showdown...only for Ruby to be completely ignored because Jaune is the real main character apparently. Nowadays, she’s probably only there to set up that Ruby/Cinder showdown (which might not be as good as you think it’ll be because Silver Eyes and plot), and to be the fanservice (despite what she went through) because Neo’s already taken the position of waifu bait.

As for her character, imagine a Looney Tunes antagonist, But with none of the comedy to justify the incompetence.

• Agree
Reactions: Roland Daggett

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
Here’s the thing: in Volume 1 Episode 1, she was painted as what Ruby would be capable of/the opponent caliber she’d be facing. And the first 3 volumes painted her as the grand antagonist. V4 rolls around, and she’s the Darth Vader to Salem’s Palpatine and she’s going through the stuff of what Darth went through when he first got his suit. And V5 was setting up for the first real Ruby/Cinder showdown...only for Ruby to be completely ignored because Jaune is the real main character apparently. Nowadays, she’s probably only there to set up that Ruby/Cinder showdown (which might not be as good as you think it’ll be because Silver Eyes and plot), and to be the fanservice (despite what she went through) because Neo’s already taken the position of waifu bait.

As for her character, imagine a Looney Tunes antagonist, But with none of the comedy to justify the incompetence.
Roland Daggett did explain the Ruby v. Cinder rivalry for me, but this showdown has been wasted and her character isn't interesting...Hell, this showdown is gonna be a disappointment just like the confrontation Jaune had where he was pissed with Ozpin, and took it out on Oscar.

Truthfully, the Battle of Haven is more or less the "big triumph" for our heroes after a humiliating and tragic defeat at Beacon but they (Like Jaune in general) bumbled their way to victory because Cinder went full r-e-tard and the bad guys seemingly downed a whole bottle of stupid pills...Legit, if Salem was much harder than she is then all of the attendees (Emerald, Mercury, and Hazel) would've gotten pretty bad punishments but still better than Cinder who would be deader than a stunt pig because she shat the bed so hard, and still thinks nothing of her partial exile.

I don't care how much Miles and Kerry are jerking themselves off to this bitch, but Cinder needed to get an "Adam Taurus" from Raven in that vault.

• Agree
Reactions: Stay safe
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino