RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Roland Daggett

President of Daggett Industries
kiwifarms.net
They did, dust stops working in space so the entire basis of their tech is locked in Atmo.

Of course that back story stuff was voiced by Vic, so it's probably not cannon anymore.
.... what. Now I skipped World of Remnants cause they're all stupid and if the info is important then it needs to be in the show, but that's a whole new level of stupid. I'm sorry but this idea that literally everything is built on Dust is idiotic at best. They must have electricity and other types of technology. I refuse to believe that literally the entire world for all of its history refused to do anything that didn't involve dust. They have lifelike androids and battle mechs yet they don't have satellites?‽ And they never once thought "Hey I wonder if we can work around this issue and get a satellite up in space to improve our communications?" GAH this pisses me off so much. How is it possible that literally everything that Miles and Kerry writes just gets dumber and dumber as the show goes?

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Okay I take back what I said about ASOPS or whatever, the wolf/dog faunus guy is cute (and actually has a nose, the whole team look pretty GenLOCK-lite in the face compared to Ren and Jaune who have Voldemort noses)
Ironwood never came off as paranoid about anything. After Beacon fell he seemed to be pretty down about things in Volume 4 but nothing like this. I have a strong feeling Ironwood is just going to end up being nothing more than a plot device to force whatever idiotic idea Miles and Kerry want to make happen.
It disappoints me that they keep shoehorning him like this into these vaguely antagonistic roles when they have a whole cast of other villains that aren't doing shit. Every time he's on screen he's been nothing but reasonable and it's confusing the hell out of me when fans talk about his paranoia and how he's gone off the deep end ...because he's surrounded his home base with lots of air ships and grew out a beard? It just doesn't match what I'm seeing on screen. If they actually pulled off what I think they're going for nobody would be calling him 'Irondaddy' which, to me, is the biggest indicator they fumbled what they want with him.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Okay I take back what I said about ASOPS or whatever, the wolf/dog faunus guy is cute (and actually has a nose, the whole team look pretty GenLOCK-lite in the face compared to Ren and Jaune who have Voldemort noses)

It disappoints me that they keep shoehorning him like this into these vaguely antagonistic roles when they have a whole cast of other villains that aren't doing shit. Every time he's on screen he's been nothing but reasonable and it's confusing the hell out of me when fans talk about his paranoia and how he's gone off the deep end ...because he's surrounded his home base with lots of air ships and grew out a beard? It just doesn't match what I'm seeing on screen. If they actually pulled off what I think they're going for nobody would be calling him 'Irondaddy' which, to me, is the biggest indicator they fumbled what they want with him.
I remember their was this one fanfic were the badguys hacked Ironwood's cybernetics to influence. That sounds like a far more reasonable explanation.

Random Internet Person

If you can read this, Cloudflare is doing its job.
kiwifarms.net
They did, dust stops working in space so the entire basis of their tech is locked in Atmo.

Of course that back story stuff was voiced by Vic, so it's probably not cannon anymore.
Vic has nothing to do with World of Remnant being non canon (and he only did Volume 4 of that). What really killed it was them retconning things every five minutes.

Well, any deep things in this show by design are from the perspective of at best, a college freshman in an English class. I’ll say this: this show can’t do morally Gray because when they do, they do it badly and have to backtrack and overcorrect which is why Ozpin fucked off in volume six. And they’re not one for heel turns. What you see is what you’ll get and there won’t be any General Shepherd types in this show.

• Agree
Reactions: Roland Daggett

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Ironwood continues to be the only character who actually makes sense and acts rationally, which is why the show is doing everything it can to demonize him this season.
Even if he's demonized, they'll still have him be a good guy because they can't do morally gray. Also, Jacques Schnee still exists.

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
SOOOOOOOOOOOO... How have Miles and Kerry screwed up this week?
Eh, this episode was mostly a nothing-burger tbh.

Besides trying to give the ASS-Ops screentime and making them something of relevant character-wise, the only thing that happens besides our Morons getting obligatory new clothes and weapons.

(Side Note;Penny's father ACTUALLY bothered to reference the Vytal Festival Tournament, when everyone else in this show has forgotten)

Weiss apologies for her white privilege, er I mean the History of her Family and the Faunus to Blake while the Wolf ASS-OP guy interjects before getting meta with his comments on systematic societal commentary...I ain't making this up.

Other than that, the only highlight was Tyrian killing the Not Antifa Boi and it is very much welcomed.

• Agree
Reactions: Fougaro

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
I thought the episode was okay. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. Though I should mention that I'm now watching the seventh season trying to mentally block the baggage the series has from the previous three volumes. Ignoring that Akira baby of cancer is easier said than done however...

On the other hand though, Miles and Kerry already missed a golden opportunity by not having our heroes been thrown in Atlas' fuck-me-in-the-bum-bum Federal Funhouse and use their time in jail for character development. And then have them escape by staging a prison riot.

I don't know the exact direction Miles and Kerry are going for, but I already know it's going to be pretty lame compared to what could have been. That's one of the few consistent things in RWBY I suppose.

And if the Antifa guy is confirmed dead the next episode, Tyrian is officially going to be my favourite character.

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net

Meanwhile in fujos projecting their creepy ass lust since the evil yaoi hating pedo priest has been defeated.
Haven't these Pairing Obsessed Freaks already ruined things enough? Their devotion and ship wars caused Bumblebee to head towards Canon, and if the Galaxy Brain Duo Retcon Qrow from straight to gay then this show is nothing more than a window-dressing series for everything else (Plot, Worldbuilding, Action, etc.) and it's true focus is on who's kissing whom on the lips.

(Note;Also, isn't this encouraging a stereotype of "Two males can't be friends, unless they're gay!" when these people hate stereotypes?)

Eiichiro Oda has the right idea of keeping romance out of his series, because these clowns really know how to shit it up.

Fougaro

kiwifarms.net
Haven't these Pairing Obsessed Freaks already ruined things enough? Their devotion and ship wars caused Bumblebee to head towards Canon, and if the Galaxy Brain Duo Retcon Qrow from straight to gay then this show is nothing more than a window-dressing series for everything else (Plot, Worldbuilding, Action, etc.) and it's true focus is on who's kissing whom on the lips.

(Note;Also, isn't this encouraging a stereotype of "Two males can't be friends, unless they're gay!" when these people hate stereotypes?)

Eiichiro Oda has the right idea of keeping romance out of his series, because these clowns really know how to shit it up.
Shipping will always be part of a fandom, whether we like it or not. Appealing to said shippers because your incompetence got yourself in a situation where your show's survival hinges on them is when things become problematic.

While I also respect Oda-san's decision to keep romance away from One Piece, I'm not 100% sure if keeping it, or sex to be more precise, away was a good idea in the long run. I mean you have Nami and Robin, two of the sexiest women of all shounen anime and their tits being possibly the only reasons people still give a shit about One Piece, and Oda does fuck all. In for an agora, in for a shekel I say, but that's another story for another time.

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
Shipping will always be part of a fandom, whether we like it or not. Appealing to said shippers because your incompetence got yourself in a situation where your show's survival hinges on them is when things become problematic.

While I also respect Oda-san's decision to keep romance away from One Piece, I'm not 100% sure if keeping it, or sex to be more precise, away was a good idea in the long run. I mean you have Nami and Robin, two of the sexiest women of all shounen anime and their tits being possibly the only reasons people still give a shit about One Piece, and Oda does fuck all. In for an agora, in for a shekel I say, but that's another story for another time.
Yeah, pairings will always be apart of a series whether it has romance or not but I cannot fathom why any creator / showrunner / author / whatever would cater to those freaks who only watch / read their product in hopes of their OTP coming true...Voltron Legendary Defender is a cautionary tale of that, and you know what made that even more hilarious? They fled to My Hero Academia, doing the same thing as before where they hope the creator puts Kirishima and Bakugou together lol.

But back to RWBY, I gotta say that Ruby's teammates calling her out a bit on keeping the truth from Ironwood was nice but ultimately goes nowhere as they agree with her line of thinking in the end.

I just chuckled at Yang inquiring about if it was a good idea to not tell Ironwwood the truth, when she and Jaune don't have any room to speak about keeping secrets.

Fougaro

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, pairings will always be apart of a series whether it has romance or not but I cannot fathom why any creator / showrunner / author / whatever would cater to those freaks who only watch / read their product in hopes of their OTP coming true...Voltron Legendary Defender is a cautionary tale of that, and you know what made that even more hilarious? They fled to My Hero Academia, doing the same thing as before where they hope the creator puts Kirishima and Bakugou together lol.

But back to RWBY, I gotta say that Ruby's teammates calling her out a bit on keeping the truth from Ironwood was nice but ultimately goes nowhere as they agree with her line of thinking in the end.

I just chuckled at Yang inquiring about if it was a good idea to not tell Ironwwood the truth, when she and Jaune don't have any room to speak about keeping secrets.
I just said in it my last post. To put it differently: Miles and Kerry are too exceptional to write anything beyond a barely functional fanfiction, but not exceptional enough not to know where their bread is buttered. The jihadist shippers may or may not be the biggest part of the FNDM, but they are the most vocal one.

I don't know anything about Voltron and My Hero Academia looks to me like standard issue shounen shit which in general I find lame and boring, but I do remember Avatar: The Last Airbender. Unless I have gone fully senile by now, shipping was a big part in the fandom as well, but the show did good enough on its own that Bryke didn't have to rely on the shippers for it to succeed. My personal theory is that Bryke pandering to the Korrasami shippers with their last minute hookup was their attempt to salvage the clusterfcuk that was The Legend of Korra which, if true, would be the same situation we have now with RWBY.

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net

It's funny because some are saying that this is because Ruby didn't want to destroy Ironwood's last shred of hope, whil others are calling Ruby a hypocrite.

Fcret

Ravioli Ravioli
kiwifarms.net
Was waiting until all the parts were released, but someone on YouTube made a series of videos trying to determine what Monty’s vision for RWBY really was.
Monty's vision was to have cute girls fighting monsters with elaborate fight choreography. His worldbuilding tropes were almost entirely cribbed from 90s Final Fantasy. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just not worth deep-diving considering the man's been dead for five years now.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Monty's vision was to have cute girls fighting monsters with elaborate fight choreography. His worldbuilding tropes were almost entirely cribbed from 90s Final Fantasy. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just not worth deep-diving considering the man's been dead for five years now.
Well, when you have as many people not only saying that the people in charge are going against his vision, but trying to determine what the vision was in the first place, I think that someone would have done a deep dive at some point. Having said that, I think there are some points in the last part that are guilt tripping some with certain criticisms.

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
No one has ever told me what stopped anyone from just chucking the Relic into the ocean so Salem can't get at it. Or just dumping it on Ironwood regardless of him being a meanie.

Anyway:

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino